Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Are you open or a closet nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?
Page: of 10

Sloboy
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2005 :  3:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After re-reading this topic, I have to categorize myself as a closet case. My wife knows about my druthers but doesn't provide encouragement and my sister/brother-inlaw know about it and have no problem since my nephew is an open nudist. I'm retired and into being egocentric and doing my own thing and don't feel like I have to advertise my preferences to others. "To each is own" comes to mind and I'm too old for a crusade. Being in SoCAL I have plenty of opportunities and places to indulge my nature loving side.

Many tans at ya! SLO

Everyday is another reason to be yourself.

later
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2005 :  5:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm an open nudist. 95% of my friends know. My family knows.I think these are the only people who need to know. People you work with that are not in your inner group don't need to know. We live in the country on a very private piece of property. We spend all our time nude. People coming to our home know we will be nude. If they are not comfortable with it we ask them to call first. Am a nudist,it's how I live, I'm not asking people to approve or for their understanding. It's my life choose.

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  12:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was a closet nudist for 9 years and then got tired of hiding it from my family. We tend to talk about everything in my family when we are together and I didn't like having my nudist ways hidden from them because that seemed to mean that I was ashamed of it. So, after much thought about how to tell them last year. I made a reservation for - - and told everyone I was going on vacation. As soon as they asked where, I told them, and I told them why. Their reactions were much more...mild...than I expected. It wasn't something they wanted to do (in most cases, my Dad is rarin' to go! :)) So I started to tell a few close friends where I was going on vacation, and why. Again, they couldn't have cared less. It was a non-issue for them. I checked with my neighbors to see if they'd mind if I went nude in my backyard (there's only two of them, one on each side) and they were OK with it also. I've wandered around my back yard for 4 years now. I don't mention it unless someone brings it up, but the reaction is very rarely noisy in any fashion. Usually it's just "Oh really? Where do you go? You're not embarassed?" or something similar. Then we move on. It surprised me how relaxed everyone seemed about it. Especially my family as they are very religious. It was a nice surprise. I'm open. At last.

I'd rather be bare.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  6:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's see........My wife and I are.....

Closet nudists
Bedroom nudists
Hallway nudists
Bathroom nudists
Den nudists
Guestroom nudists
Stairway nudists
Frontroom nudists
Dining room nudists
Kitchen nudists
Family room nudists
Entry way nudists
Hall closet nudists

did I miss a room!

sorry, just a little humor!

Sloboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  12:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf:

Great post a usual. Hope to meet you and your wife one of these days at San Onfre. I'm a fair weather beach user.

Great Tans at Ya! SLO

Everyday is another reason to be yourself.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  1:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope to get down to the beach soon as the weather cooperates. I look at the weather for that area everyday and when it's good, I'm at work. When I've got a couple days off, my wife works, when we both have the day off and a free day, the weather is crumby.

Gotta take advantage of those days where everything lines up and hopefully it's a day you decide to visit San O as well.

Natalie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  09:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a closet" nudist. My work DOES NOT permit it! But I live with my husband (also a secret) and so it's just easier to be naked

Bye Bye

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  10:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose I'd have to qualify myself as a "closet" nudist in that none of my family (adult children) or friends from the textile world know that I am a member of a landed nudist resort.
However, I don't feel like a "closet case" once I'm there... it's a very liberating and open feeling that I enjoy tremendously and look forward to each weekend throughout the summer months.

JustJim

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  11:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Open. Got angry with my self for my lack of honesty. So, I sent an email to family and friends about my visit to a nudist resort and how much peace I found. My wife stated that group nudity was "disgusting." She is the one with a problem.

I had some photos of me and the resort taken and went to the local drugstore to have copies made. The clerk laid them out on the counter face up in full view of another customer while checking them out to see if they were OK. I did not agree with her action but cared little.

As I have stated elsewhere, most of the staff at this drug store know of my nudist habits but it isn't easy to imagine any group being nicer to me.

Best Wishes, Jim

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  1:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're pretty open about our lifestyle & tell people we go to places like Vera Natura, Costa Natura & Club Orient & so if they don't know we are naturists they might well find out just looking up the places we visit on the Web.

All my friends know & most of my wife's too. My wife's sister was a daunting subject but once we told her all was well & we could just say where we had been rather than thinking up lame excuses. Recently, two cousins I lost contact with many years ago came back into our lives due to us attending a family funeral & then soon after, a wedding. Both girls have no idea we're naturists & it will be interesting to know how, when & if the subject comes how we will respond. They always discuss holidays & it might be sooner rather than later. Might lose contact again or get closer as a result. Perhaps they already know. Perhaps they are nudists! Time will tell.

Rod

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  10:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I consider myself as a closet nudist. We live in a small community also lots of neighbors. I am the only one in my family that enjoy's the lifestyle. My wife on the other hand is not, having a little trouble convincing her to give it a try.
Love to be nude
Tom

braless06

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  11:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im such a closet nudist my husband doesnt even know! it pays to be a stay at home mom. i havent ventured out yet! i live in a parking lot with other apts around me and stores restaurants and a salon. even in my home i have to cover the windows!

Nuderthanthou
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  12:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Nuderthanthou an AOL message  Send Nuderthanthou a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I say better a closet nudist that not a nudist at all.

My friends know my predilection for nudity, my family knows, too. So does anyone who reads this post. On the other hand, I keep my politics and personal life out of the workplace, so where does that fall in the "closet nudist" spectrum?

One thing's for sure, I am a backyard with a privacy fence nudist! The last thing I intend to create is ill will with my way-far-right-of-center neighbors. They are good people; I am sure that they respect my right to my privacy. In order to enjoy my relative freedom to be nude without retribution, I compromise by not proselytising my nudist practices.

very curious
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  11:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you Cougar!!

gladdyman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  02:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are a bit like nude kiwi we have told the people who matter and we know are not going to make a big thing about it.
I have one sister inlaw who has a very loose mouth who can be emarrassing at the best of times so we haven't told her.
However when people ask where we go on those hot weekends we more than likely tell them and hopefully they might come and join us.
Nudism can be a very social past time

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved