Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 168 ]  [ Total: 168 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  06:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been a regular (2 -3 times a week) at Apollo the last month or so. This was my first experience at a nude beach. In fact at public nudity. I am down here as a 3 month snowbird and coming back next year. Wife actually suggested I try it since I love being nude at home all the time. She did try it once while visiting me this winter down here. Have to say I have enjoyed the experience and a few of the people. Very friendly yet private. By the way...anybody know the older gent that's there everyday and is always first there. He seems to have quite the following of people around him.

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  07:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am down at apollo beach area for the week have not been to 5 yet to full by the time I get their, but went to 4 yesterday and their were a few people tan their.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  08:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved apollo but I didnt really care for not enough parking and ratio was way off too many men very few women which only made women less willing to visit or even go nude if there. My first time there I actually didnt know the rules and one of the rangers who happen to be a woman was riding her quad down the beach to check turtle nests she stopped near me and I had asked her openly um we can be nude here right? She said something like if you keep it clean and only in area 5 your able to yes. It felt very odd for me at time to talk to her while I was nude and she was in her uniform.

jbutah

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  11:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I were there this past weekend. The weather was nice, although we did get run off by a thunderstorms ar about 4 on Saturday. Sunday was even nicer. There is always a nice group of people there . I spoke briefly to the gentleman referred to in esrlier posts. He is there everytime we go, older guy,gray hair, gray beard and a baseball hat, nice guy.

a different guy we have noticed the last few times is not so nice. Brown hair goatee probably early 40s. He likes to walk the beach stare and every so often give himself a tug. I have noticed he likes to follow couples in the water at a distance and stare. one time he appeared fairly drunk and was talking to himself. I worry about behavior like this ruining our great beach spot.

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  8:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, that is the guy I was referring to. Also saw the other one your talking about. There is another one too. He comes once or twice a week and parades himself in front of others including men. He can't sit on his towel more than 2 or 3 minutes and he's out parading again. He's always watching for people coming down the beach and he gets up and stands there so to be seen. The other day he got dressed and was leaving when he saw people coming down the beach ...he ran back, disrobed and paraded in front of them. Then dressed and left. I laugh at some of the people including the textiles in the area. It doesn't offend me, but it may others.

DaytonaBoy

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  1:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In reply to tansailr's post: The ramp at lot 5 is still currently trashed. The stairs are functional, you just have lift your cart up the stairs on the way back (that is, if you have one). Just like using lot 4 during the space shuttle days. Other than that, the beach has been nice lately.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  8:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from Apollo. We've been here 2 days now with 8 more to go. Lotsa sun, pretty breezy...another day in paradise. The beach looks fine and the result of the winter is that Mr. & Mrs. Diger will now have a sandbar almost the entire length of the beach.....decisions, decisions! ....and some really good news is that the historically unbalanced M-F ratio has noticeably improved -- we saw more hetero couples than we've ever seen before and although the median age appeared to be 40-ish the range was from the 80's to one honeymooning couple in their 20's. The town of NSB is going through more changes: the Food Lion market is gone; Wal-Mart has moved closer to I-95 with a super center, and there's new commercial construction along with above average number of homes for sale -- go figure. As usual, Parking Lot 5 is the only one that's ever full. Today (Thursday) you could have arrived as late as 11:00 a.m. and still found a parking place. As we all know though, that'll change bigtime on the weekend.

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  09:00:52 AM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I choose to go to Playalinda on thursday Tansailr. Was the same with more and more couples on the beach. The beach sand was soft and you had to walk out 30+ yards to get into waist deep water. Was breeze too which made the day seem cooler. Water was great and so was the views. Will be at Apollo next Thursday and hope to see all my good nudists friends. Look for the slimming down goatee tan line-less man under the blue canopy. Down under 250LB for the 1st time in 5 years.. Wish every day was Thursday!!

jPat

daytonabeachside@yah oo

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  11:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tansailr

Greetings from Apollo. We've been here 2 days now with 8 more to go. Lotsa sun, pretty breezy...another day in paradise. The beach looks fine and the result of the winter is that Mr. & Mrs. Diger will now have a sandbar almost the entire length of the beach.....decisions, decisions! ....and some really good news is that the historically unbalanced M-F ratio has noticeably improved -- we saw more hetero couples than we've ever seen before and although the median age appeared to be 40-ish the range was from the 80's to one honeymooning couple in their 20's. The town of NSB is going through more changes: the Food Lion market is gone; Wal-Mart has moved closer to I-95 with a super center, and there's new commercial construction along with above average number of homes for sale -- go figure. As usual, Parking Lot 5 is the only one that's ever full. Today (Thursday) you could have arrived as late as 11:00 a.m. and still found a parking place. As we all know though, that'll change bigtime on the weekend.

I'm so gald you got that Sandbar ready for us we will have to give it a good workout in a couple weeks. Give that sweet wife of yours a hug from both of us.

Did they get the ramp fixed at 5 or are the steps all you can use.

Diger

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  4:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, the ramp isn't fixed yet. Y'all have to walk an additional 25 paces (groan) and use the stairs.

We got there at 7:30 a.m. today. Normally Saturdays are "light" as weekend days go due to some nudist vacationers checking out and returning home. Not today though. There are 34 parking places at Lot 5 of which 2 are handicap. When we arrived it was completely full and thanks to one person leaving we just snuck in. By 10:00 a.m. the beach's population had doubled with most of the later arrivals coming down from Lot 4 which was still pretty full when we left at 3:00 p.m. Tomorrow a.m. we'll probably pack our breakfast and coffee into the car and arrive even earlier. As noted on Thursday, there were again more couples than we've seen in prior years. All in all, a great day!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  7:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We noticed the same last year, in June and July when we were down. We are seeing more couples every year and more young couples too. Things are looking up for the nudist lifestyle.

One of the couples we were with last June had their entire family join them on the nude beach. Son, Daughter, Son inlaw, Son's GF, GF's five Year old son, and Daughter's 18 month old Daughter. Tan, You met the couple a few years ago they are the ones from North Carolina.

It was so funny when they came down the beach, they huddled up and Daughter said, "On the count of three we all strip. One.... Two.... Three...."

They all striped and hit the ocean, we were told that now all they talk about is coming back to the nude beach.

It was a great day and one that our friends will never forget.

Diger

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  9:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're counting down the days until June 8th. We'll be there thru the 15th, just missing Earl & Angie

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  12:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great day on apollo ...said hello to tansail as he fished... He asked what "skivtbd" ment ¿?¿... SKI VermonT By Day! Now that I'm in FL I should change to "ABonThurs" but went with daytonabeachside instead. Sat with 3 great friends from JAX. Parking was at a premium by 9: 30 and many new arrivals at 1: 30 ...70% chance of sun turned into a 100% beautiful day... No rain in site

jPat

daytonabeachside@yah oo

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  07:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Pat,
I'm glad you got to meet Sailr and his sweet wife, hope he didn't tell any lies on us. LOL

Sailr,
I'm gald you enjoyed that Breakers Burger and sorry I missed you call.

JD,
Steve & Sandra called us last week and they had to change there plans so they will be down the same week as you, so we will miss them as well as you guys. We are going down again in July, if you think you can join us let us know.

Diger

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  4:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we just got back from our last day at the beach and it's homeward bound tomorrow a.m. After 70 hrs of sun over a 10 day period Tansailr's skin has taken on that Ethiopian pallor and is crying for a few days rest, LOL. It's been a great 10 days where a storm drove us from the beach only once and our only decisions have been what tanning oil to use and whether to eat in or out each night. IMHO the beach crowd has improved, with more and more mixed couples present and congregating toward the north end of the beach and most single guys tending toward the southern end.

One trend (and I hope it isn't lasting) is the tendency of some folks, possibly newbees, to set up their umbrellas, etc. before reaching the first marker post that we've used as the "northern boundary" for the nude beach area. This was most evident today when some surf fishermen and their girlfriends/spouses set up and were nude only about 50 - 75 yds. south of the stairway. I'd guess they were locals in their mid-40's and were semi boisterous with their beer and cigars. My concern is that textiles might complain of "encroaching nudity" and the NPS could use that as another point against nude beaches on their land. So...who should kindly address these folks saying it's in everyone's interest for them to walk further south before going nude? If we had some unifying interest group like South Florida Free Beaches or Black's Beach Bares it'd be a step in the right direction, with "regulars" giving helpful "advice" when needed. San Onofre Beach in Calif. even had a self-appointed "mayor" who dispensed corrective advice and everyone appreciated it. When he passed away no one filled his slot, the nude beach area migrated more and more into the textile area.....and now nudity at San Onofre gets you arrested.

Edited by - tansailr on 05/11/2012 4:53:02 PM

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.13 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved