Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board


Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 81 ]  [ Newest Member: stealer ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Nudist Attitudes in Various Countries
 Nudist attitudes and customs from around the world
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Is Nudism Going The Way of Organized Religion?
Page: of 5

NaturistDoc
Forum Member


Posted - 11/30/2008 :  11:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honeysuckle and Aardvark,

Antarctica is famous for its Three Hundred Degree Club. To join, all you have to do is run naked (except for shoes) from a plus-200 degree sauna out into the minus-100 degree Antarctic winter. Details of the process vary. Some people run a prescribed course or distance. Others opt to roll in the snow before retreating back to the sauna. It's a strange life at the bottom of the world.

Doc




Country: USA | Posts: 1004 Go to Top of Page

Warmskin
Forum Member


Posted - 12/01/2008 :  01:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
from NaturistDoc:

all you have to do is run naked (except for shoes) from a plus-200 degree sauna out into the minus-100 degree Antarctic winter.


But would it cure the common cold? I wonder if the heart gets just a little strained from a 300 degreee sudden change. Not recommended for a cardiac ICU unit! I shouldn't complain about getting out of a warm pool at Laguna Del Sol and then getting into the swimming pool. Hmm, that's only about a 20 degree change.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." James Madison



Country: USA | Posts: 1878 Go to Top of Page

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  2:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

from NaturistDoc:

all you have to do is run naked (except for shoes) from a plus-200 degree sauna out into the minus-100 degree Antarctic winter.


But would it cure the common cold? I wonder if the heart gets just a little strained from a 300 degreee sudden change. Not recommended for a cardiac ICU unit! I shouldn't complain about getting out of a warm pool at Laguna Del Sol and then getting into the swimming pool. Hmm, that's only about a 20 degree change.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." James Madison



An insurance agent had a heart attack from doing jut that.
Teva



Country: | Posts: 256 Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  4:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's 75 deg in my backyard right now, so I guess I won't have to worry about a heart attack ...


Country: | Posts: 254 Go to Top of Page

olwino1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  5:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think HoneyS has a pretty laid back attitude about all this . I would bet she is grinning ear to ear most of the time .


Country: | Posts: 50 Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted


Posted - 04/05/2012 :  09:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is upsetting to me that we as a nation in America are said to be leaders, in the front etc but when it comes to nudism we are on the bottom with little to no public acceptance.


Country: | Posts: 376 Go to Top of Page

nsgusa
Forum Member

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  10:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Send nsgusa a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Back in the late 60's, in what I call my Hippy Days, I went to San Francisco for the summer.
While I was there I became friends with a guy my age who was from Germany.
He was going to college here in the USA.
I was staying in a rooming house and he had an apartment. At his suggestion to help me save money, he invited me to stay with him.
The first day I stayed with him, he came out of his room naked.
He asked if it bothered me and I not only told him that I was used to being nude, I took my clothes off.
He told me that he had grown up in a nudist home and that in his area of Germany that it was quite common for families to be nude.
We started traveling around Northern California together and eventually ended up in a commune.
Nudity and partial nudity was common there and it was my first time being nude around the opposite sex in a non-sexual way.
Gerhardt was right at home with it but, I do have to admit that it took me a few days to get used to being comfortable in this environment.
We spent 10 days there before returning to San Francisco.
A few weeks later, he was going back to Germany for a visit and asked me to go along with him.
When I said I couldn't afford it, he said that since it was his invitation, he would pay for it, so off to Germany we went.
Since he had told them about me, and my acceptance of nudiy before we got to his home, we were greeted by his family, all nude.
They lived in the country and did quite a bit of their outside chores, also nude or partially nude.
Indoors, though, everyone was nude 99% of the time.
They also had an outbuilding that housed a suana and a shower room which the family used together most of the time.
They also had a family get together and all of his relatives also were nude.
This experience is what made me decide that I would try to raise my family this way when I had one.



Country: USA | Posts: 18 Go to Top of Page

bruceeverett
Moderator

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  6:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit bruceeverett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nsgusa

Back in the late 60's, in what I call my Hippy Days, I went to San Francisco for the summer.
While I was there I became friends with a guy my age who was from Germany.
He was going to college here in the USA.
I was staying in a rooming house and he had an apartment. At his suggestion to help me save money, he invited me to stay with him.
The first day I stayed with him, he came out of his room naked.
He asked if it bothered me and I not only told him that I was used to being nude, I took my clothes off.
He told me that he had grown up in a nudist home and that in his area of Germany that it was quite common for families to be nude.
We started traveling around Northern California together and eventually ended up in a commune.
Nudity and partial nudity was common there and it was my first time being nude around the opposite sex in a non-sexual way.
Gerhardt was right at home with it but, I do have to admit that it took me a few days to get used to being comfortable in this environment.
We spent 10 days there before returning to San Francisco.
A few weeks later, he was going back to Germany for a visit and asked me to go along with him.
When I said I couldn't afford it, he said that since it was his invitation, he would pay for it, so off to Germany we went.
Since he had told them about me, and my acceptance of nudiy before we got to his home, we were greeted by his family, all nude.
They lived in the country and did quite a bit of their outside chores, also nude or partially nude.
Indoors, though, everyone was nude 99% of the time.
They also had an outbuilding that housed a suana and a shower room which the family used together most of the time.
They also had a family get together and all of his relatives also were nude.
This experience is what made me decide that I would try to raise my family this way when I had one.



What a nice story, hope it ends with you and a naturist family of your own.



Country: Thailand | Posts: 68 Go to Top of Page

nasser
New Member

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  6:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are from Iraq originally but we've lived in Europe and America. As you may know, the difference is night and day. In Iraq and the nearby countries, nudity is a major taboo. We have no resorts or areas where we could even think about being clothes free.

But we've enjoyed great vacations in Europe where we felt very comfortable being nude at a designated beach. Culture does make all of the difference. Even though there are some beaches in the Egypt that allow topless bathing, it is mostly tourists who do it.

We are visiting the U.S. and are interested in getting tips on the best nude beaches for couples.



Country: | Posts: 2 Go to Top of Page

cactusjack
New Member

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  09:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly

I have always heard how liberal Dennmark was with nudity on their beaches, just wish it was in a warmer clime where you could enjoy it year round.

Kim =^.^=

While on leave in Denmark, I was told it would be difficult to find a clothed beach. This was in the late 1960's

Ronald Bose



Country: | Posts: 1 Go to Top of Page

FireProf
Forum Member


Posted - 04/06/2017 :  09:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cactusjack

quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly

I have always heard how liberal Dennmark was with nudity on their beaches, just wish it was in a warmer clime where you could enjoy it year round.

Kim =^.^=

While on leave in Denmark, I was told it would be difficult to find a clothed beach. This was in the late 1960's

Ronald Bose



The Prof and I visited Denmark in 2004. While there, there were 3 things to do or see on our list; drive her new Volvo around Sweden and Denmark, find some lighthouses and nude beaches. We did drive her car quite a bit, we did find a few lighthouses and we found a few beaches in Sweden and spent the day.

On the trip to Denmark, I researched nude beaches and found that there were ONLY two beaches, at that time, where swimsuits were mandatory. ALL other beaches in Denmark are accepting of nudity but was told by locals that there is an unspoken rule. If you visit a beach and there are others present and they are in swimsuits, travel a way from them, give them plenty of space before taking off your clothes and enjoying the beach. It was rude to be naked right next to those that were not. I thought that was a very sensible approach. As luck would have it, the weather did not cooperate with us while in Denmark and it was overcast, cool and drizzled on and off.


We were very happy to have been able to enjoy nude beaches in Sweden but really wanted to experience nude beaches in Denmark. There will be another time!

Check out this link for Nudism in Denmark.
http://goscandinavia.about.com/od/denmar1/qt/nudism_denmark.htm


Loves being naked. Plays well with others!



Edited by - FireProf on 04/06/2017 10:04:32 AM

Country: USA | Posts: 2804 Go to Top of Page

free2be
Forum Member


Posted - 04/06/2017 :  3:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least the link would indicate plenty of CO beaches still being the norm as of Sept. 2016. May never get there, but good to know should I ever get to go.


Country: USA | Posts: 640 Go to Top of Page

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  5:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It is surprising in various places. The Philippines which is discussed on this forum is a contradiction, they have girlie bars where they strip and perform all sorts of acts with ping pong balls etc (the one we went to was mixed, not men only, and the girls were invited in ). Yet on there beaches the girls were warned not to even be topless if others were around. My wife and a friend did go topless but in a remote beach spot and that was on Boracay around 30 years ago where many Europeans used to holiday so total nudity was not allowed back then. Have no idea if it has changed, have not been back.

SBN.



Country: Australia | Posts: 320 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Topic Next Topic: Is Nudism Going The Way of Organized Religion?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2017 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

 

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved

Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000