Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 172 ]  [ Total: 172 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 Celebrities who are quoted in support of nudism
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudist Philosophy Topic Next Topic: The mainstream media is slowly accepting nudism
Page: of 3

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  7:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Celebrities who are quoted in support of nudism - who are they?

Alanis Morissette, Andie MacDowell, Elle McPherson, Helen Mirren, and Jenny Aguttar, Kevin Bacon, Callista Flockhart, Pam Anderson and Shania Twain all reportedly like to walk around the house nude, as reported by several of our members.
quote:
Originally posted by Seneca

A few other celebrities who are into social nudism and/or nudity at home are the comedian/actor Tim Allen, actress Erin Grey (from the old TV series "Buck Rodgers" and "Silver Spoons"), who in fact grew up as a nudist, and the actress (I can't remember her name) who plays Sabrina on "Sabrina the Teenage Witch". Also, I remember that one of the Redgrave sisters (unsure if it's Lynn or Vanessa) is into nudism.

Thanks Seneca, and all the other members that have contributed information so far.

Right here let's bring together some verifiable quotes from our favorite celebrities in support of social nudism. Please include the exact quote, and a link to the source of your information.

Here's a link to Kevin's Secret Celebrity Nudism Quote Google Search Tool. Shhhhhh... aren't secret tools cool? Just put your favorite celebrity's name between the quotes where it says "celebrity name".

Don't worry about how to format your comment, just put the quote in quotes and include the link after. I'll probably add some images and fix the oversized links later anyway.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  8:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Quote: Originally posted by bornnude

Alanis Morissette says she likes to walk naked around her home.

The singer who appeared naked in video Thank U, said: "I walk around naked all the time. I'm a leave-the-bathroom-door-open nudist, which is sometimes disconcerting for my friends."

She says even her parents share her habit of discarding their clothes at home. She added: "We all walked around naked when it was appropriate, there wasn't a lot of shame to it." ... [Read more]

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  9:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interview with Alanis Morissette

The day before Alanis presented her concert down in NYC in November, she was the subject of a half hour interview program at the MTV studios near Times Square. Some of the program was a review of Alanis's previous work as well as a Question and Answer session with a live audience. A brief part of the interview was focused on her just released record "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" and the first song and video "Thank U" - As this dialogue occurs, scenes from this video are shown. This transcript concerns only this part of the interview:

Carson Daly (The host) : Tell us, sort of, about the birth, or at least, the concept of the video? Purely on a "Cosmetic Level" from what we see...

Alanis: The birth of the "Cosmetic Level"?!?

CD: Yeah, was there something that when you went to make the video you're like - "This is exactly what I want it to look like ! " - you know?

A: I was in my shower one morning - we had just mastered the record - and I was trying to think, or "feel" rather, what this video could be - and I was naked in my shower and I just felt very...

CD: (Interrupts) That's a good sign! (Laughter from audience)

A: That's good... that's the best way to shower I think... (More laughter from audience)

A: ... I was feeling very raw, and very real, and very myself, and I felt like "Thank U" is about that. It's sort of the Heartspace that that song was written from, and also the rest of the record, really. So I just thought it was appropriate to be naked in it and to be "powerful" and "vulnerable" at the same time.

CD: But what was it like shooting it though? Were you obviously... were you really naked just shooting it and that just didn't bother you? Or were they covering you with, like, skintights? Or how was it done?

A: I had to cover... certain areas... just so we wouldn't get arrested. (Lots of laughter from audience this time!) But which was unfortunate. But I was fine, I loved it, it's great!

CD: Did you spend any time in a nudist colony in the year and a half off? (From her previous record release)

A: I've spent time on retreats with people where we're all naked, yeah.

CD: Does it feel like "Freed!"? Like when you run and stuff?

A: It's so... it's beautiful!

CD: That's awesome.

A: I Love It!

From the Young Adult Naturists website.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  10:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Helen Mirren has starred in 20 films. In some, such as The Madness of King George (1995), for which she won an Oscar nomination, she didn't appear naked. In many - notably Caligula (1979) and The Cook, the Thief His Wife and Her Lover (1989) - she did. Is she an exhibitionist? Or just too cool to care? "I'm a naturist at heart," she says, taking a sip of wine. "I love being on beaches where everyone is naked. Ugly young people, beautiful old people, whatever. It's so unsexual and so liberating..." ... [Read more]

A Naked Man

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  01:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This quoye comes from Cheef's News website:
Daryl Hannah Enjoys Being Nude
"My favourite thing is to be naked, which is why I always live in remote areas. My ideal is to wake in the morning and run around the meadows naked. I think it's a good idea to live in harmony with nature."

I recommend a movie that Daryl did in the 1980's called "Summer Lovers" where she played a young American girl on an extended summer vacation with her boyfriend (played by Peter Gallagher) in Greece. They discover how wonderful nude beaches can be -- among other things.

A Naked Man

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  02:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think I saw that movie A Naked Man. The movie was about sex but it did have the exposure of a nude Greek beach.

Kim =^.^=

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/09/2004 :  9:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From ZapIt.com

Brad Pitt

Adapted from Homer's epic poem "The Iliad," "Troy" is about the legendary 10-year conflict between Greeks and Trojans over the abduction of Helen, wife of Greek hero Menelaus, and the siege of Troy by united Greek forces.

Asked if he enjoyed starring as the half-naked Greek demi-god Achilles in the film, Pitt said: "I'm naked all the time at home."

"Men will be wearing skirts by next summer. That's my prediction and proclamation," he said with a laugh. "The film answers to both genders. We were going for realism and Greeks wore skirts all the time then." ...[Read more]

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2004 :  03:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If men start wearing skirts because the Greeks did, I wonder if the style will change for women where the breasts are exposed in their dress. A lot of the ancient art shows the dress of the time for Greek women and it was commonly portrayed with their breats exposed.

Kim =^.^=

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  12:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I would prefer calling them kilts...

http://www.utilikilts.com/

(meant to edit and hit delete -- Reposted)

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  03:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think men would look cute wearing skirts, (kilts).

Bornnude you think I ought to buy my husband a camouflaged kilt to go hunting?

Kim =^.^=

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  08:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More on Brad Pitt...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/entertainment/040511_bradpitt.shtml

Good news for women everywhere - Brad Pitt says he enjoyed getting his kit off for nude scenes in his latest movie 'Troy'.

He plays Achilles, the greatest warrior to have lived and fought for ancient Greece, so there's a lot of action and quite a few hot scenes between Brad and actress Rose Byrne.

The Hollywood hunk enjoyed shedding his clothes but reckons it was all about getting into the part:

"I like being nude. Apparently, you know, the Greeks were naked all the time. And my wife's all for it."

And to make sure he looked his best in the buff, Brad had to get all sweaty pumping iron:

"It was a lot of hard work to play the ultimate warrior. Instead of running from that, like normally, you get lazy, every day just became a point of a couple of hours in the gym and taking it to that point of absolute discomfort."

"It sucked for about three months. Once I pushed through that I started to enjoy it actually."

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  08:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know her in the US but...

http://www.megastar.co.uk/ents/news/2004/05/11/sMEG01MTA4NDI3MzEwMzk.html

Milian paints it black
Phil Kemp

One in a Milian
Hotter-than-Havana MTV pop vixen Christina Milian is causing a real stir by rolling around in black paint on her latest super saucy vid.

It's never like this in Homebase on a Sunday morning - we can vouch for that.

Do-It-All's another matter entirely, though.

The ohmigoshing American nudist is riding high in the UK charts with sexy shuffler, Dip It Low. And she's writhing low in opaque sticky stuff on the promo - busting the sort of moves proven to add a good three figures to your sales in an age where singles shift fewer units than a Gary Glitter autobiography.

Except, it seems, the minx has rumbled us all along.

It's not sauce, it's art, innit.

Chatting to MTV the bare-torsoed presenter-songstress squeaked: "In the '60s they used to do body art."

Yep, we're with you so far.

"They would dip in paint and they would roll around on a canvas and make art on the canvas.

"So I kind of 'dip' in the paint and do the same thing."

A call from Charles Saatchi can only be minutes away.

Just watch those Dulux shares soar.

Yes, Dulux - you dirty devils.

nudeman72
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  11:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alyssa Milano says she enjoys "gardening in the nude" at home.

Moby (the techno musician) is an outspoken enthusiast of nudism.

naturalgar
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  12:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Send naturalgar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It would be great if some of these celebs would join us on the boards or in the chatrooms

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  1:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bornnude

Just watch those Dulux shares soar.

Yes, Dulux - you dirty devils.
FYI Dulux is a brand of paint sold in the UK by ICI (they sell Glidden in the USA).

"Dirty devils" might confuse Dulux with "Durex", a quite distinct product also made from latex. Then again, Australians and Brazilians may think your talking about sticky tape (or adhesive tape, Scotch Tape, Cellotape or... )

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

The Bead Artist formerly known as Revilo42

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  8:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see some of the stars Appear @ resorts. Though if it was Brad Pitt and Wife I think we would have to worry about ALOT of Paparazzi then Well ok maybe they should go to the beaches.

Ok maybe I am living in a dream world

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nudist Philosophy Topic Next Topic: The mainstream media is slowly accepting nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved