Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 63 ]  [ Total: 64 ]  [ Newest Member: SciFiGuy3000 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Sleeping Nude
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: changing username Topic Next Topic: How many hours of the day do spending nude?
Page: of 38

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  6:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nudists and non-nudists alike often choose to sleep nude. When I was becoming a nudist I was encouraged to sleep nude as a good transition step. While I quickly learned that sleeping nude is more comfortable, I also realized that sleeping nude requires me to change my sheets more often (it used to be once a week, now it's twice.) I've also read of a male on this forum who sleeps in underpants to make sure no urine drips on the bed after middle-of-the-night bathroom trips. Do you and/or your spouse/ mate sleep nude? What advantages and disadvantages do you see in nude sleeping?

Melissa

philzer
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  7:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, my wife and I both sleep nude and find that, along with greater comfort, it is more intimate. After lights out, we "spoon" each other before going to sleep, and skin-to-skin provides a greater feeling of closeness than when one or both of you wears pajamas.

I've heard that sleeping nude is better for your skin, although having slept nude since I was a teenager, I don't have any recent basis for comparison. And since I don't make middle-of-the-night trips to the bathroom (yet!), I don't have a problem with urine drips. But I do know that I wouldn't go back to sleeping in clothes, nor would I want my spouse to! I think one could say that sleeping nude has many of the benefits of nudism itself.

Philzer

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  7:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Melissa, I always sleep nude. ESPECIALLY with my lady. Philzer pretty much said everything I was going to say.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I never had a girlfriend who wanted to sleep together any way other than totally naked. My ex-wife NEVER slept naked, which is a whole different story.

And I have noticed that the sheets have to be changed more often when sleeping nude, but not because of urinary problems. When naked, you're more sensitive to dirt particles as they accumulate on the sheets. Yuck.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  8:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But wouldn't the oils from your skin make the sheets dirtier, too?

Melissa

Dave
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  8:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I both sleep naked, we change the sheets once a month where they need it or not!!! Not!!! Just have fun !!! Dave...

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  8:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

But wouldn't the oils from your skin make the sheets dirtier, too?

Melissa

Um, with a parter in bed, it's not so much the skin oils that catch up with us and require changing of the sheets. IF you know what I mean...

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  9:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Then how often do you need to change the sheets, nude guy? After every um... episode? I hadn't thought of that as a need for sheet changing. (Can you tell I'm a single person yet? LOL)

Melissa

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  9:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good one, Dave! And I though we were doing good by changing the sheets annually.

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  9:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Melissa,

Seriously now, after my last silly post ... everyone has their own limits and preferences. Some sessions might be more, er, "productive" and require an immediate pulling of the bed covers. Otherwise maybe every other time if you don't want things to start building up.

Looking at your recent postings, it seems that you'll be finding out more about these things very soon. Good luck, and always remember to keep it fun AND safe!

Edited by - nudeguy on 03/28/2004 9:16:00 PM

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  9:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know I'll be finding out about these things very soon... that's one the reasons I'm asking. ;) I'll be sure to keep things fun and safe (gee- you sound like a dad here!)

Melissa

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  10:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I am the heat source, I always sleep nude. My wife tends to stay in a T-shirt during standard time, and loses it during daylight savings time. Or thereabouts.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  12:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I don't know what's going on here, but I missed one on this one ? We both sleep nude, but what has that to do with changing sheets ? I presume we all do what is accepted, that is, change at least once a week. Was this an attack on us nudists ?

Chic

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  12:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't get that impression, Chic.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  12:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We sleep nude. Have been for over 30 years. Once in awhile my wife would wear a t-shirt type nightgown to bed when I was at work. She became tangled up in it and decided to shed the t-shirt even when I was gone. So now she's full time nude sleeper.

We just sleep better nude. Even when I am sick I can't sleep with clothes on. As far a changing the sheets. It's been a routine from the time we were married, sheets get changed at our house every week usually on the same day every week, unless we are out of town.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  01:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can't imagine one reason to wear anything to bed. To me, it would be like wearing a swimsuit in the shower. Just un-natural. If it's cold, (which my waterbed never is cuz of the heater), use another or a heavier blanket. I can't stand the way long pants and a bedshirt twist up around you. Never could stand it, even as a kid. When I was a kid at home, underwear was enough. Now it's too much.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 03/29/2004 01:33:49 AM

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  01:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sorry nudeguy,

I guess I over-reacted.

Chic

Page: of 38 Previous Topic: changing username Topic Next Topic: How many hours of the day do spending nude?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2016 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved