Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 131 ]  [ Total: 131 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Whats the bravest thing you have done nude?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge
Page: of 34

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  8:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent summation LarryK. I couldn't agree more.

I forgot another one that I used to do. For one year, I lived in an apartment outside of Toronto. I lived on the 13th floor (well, they called it the 14th because of superstition) of a 16 floor building. One day while running the steps for some exercise, I went to the top and realized the door to the roof was open. So of course, curiosity got the best of me and I went out to look. I found an area up on the roof over in a corner that was hidden from view by what was probably the air conditioning unit. There was a three foot wall all the way around the building as well. So I decided to start sunning in the nude on the roof of the building. I went downstairs to my apartment, grabbed an old comforter and sunscreen and went back up there. I laid out the comforter, put on the sunscreen and then lie down and took off my shorts (there was another apartment building a block away that could see me when standing, but not when lying down). I did this a number of times that summer. One day, I heard voices out on the roof, some maintenance men I assumed. I just lay there, as quiet as could be, but never saw them. After a month or two of this, however, I went back up to find the door locked. That was the end of my naked suntanning on the roof, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  8:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think LarryK makes a good point in that many posting here do go nude in some risky places, but it's not for the 'hope' of being seen as an exhibitionist would, but more that we want to be able to do everything nude. So sometimes it just feels good to take the trash to the curb at 2am, when we are sure it's highly unlikely we'll be seen. I myself have wished I could walk through hallways of a motel nude, or take the trash out nude, in the middle of the day, and I'm sure most here 'Wish' we could do this. But unfortunately, we can't. But, we can take the trash out at 2am with relative safety, and hey, it feels great, as long as we are not caught and reported.

We have a new home this year and it has an in ground pool with a decent privacy fence out back. The entry to the yard is an open walkway that I will be putting a gate across. This will ensure we have the 'reasonable expectation of privacy' we need to be legal. But honestly, I hope a neighbor comes over one day and peeks over the gate to say 'Hi' and catches us nude. Not for the shock value, but in the hopes that they will be closet nudists, or that they might have always wanted to try skinny dipping and laying out nude. Would be awesome to have neighbors we get along with, that are also nudists.

As long as I'm not breaking any laws, I do hope to be 'caught' by others for the same reason. Never know when you run across another nudist, but if they come across you nude in your backyard, then the ice is broken and you may find out that they are nudists also, or at least would like to try it.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  8:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barefootguyinco

But honestly, I hope a neighbor comes over one day and peeks over the gate to say 'Hi' and catches us nude. Not for the shock value, but in the hopes that they will be closet nudists, or that they might have always wanted to try skinny dipping and laying out nude. Would be awesome to have neighbors we get along with, that are also nudists.

I feel the same way barefootguyinco. But not just in hopes that they will also be nudists, but to come to find that they don't mind my nudity and are comfortable with it, so I don't have to hide it from them. That's how my neighbors in Florida were. They saw me naked a few times and never seemed to mind. While they never got naked themselves, they would talk to me through the bushes, even though I knew they could see me naked.

nakedmodel
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  12:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many of you remember the streaking fad in the 70's? Did any of you do it? For those of you who don't know what streaking was, it was running naked in a public place. I did it once . My neighbor was having a party that ran into all hours of the night, people coming & going all night. So about 2a.m. I ran naked past their house several times. All that happened was who ever saw me honked their horns & waved at me. One girl even stopped & talked to me. No police were called. I don't think we could do that today.

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  11:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I feel the same way barefootguyinco. But not just in hopes that they will also be nudists, but to come to find that they don't mind my nudity and are comfortable with it, so I don't have to hide it from them. That's how my neighbors in Florida were. They saw me naked a few times and never seemed to mind. While they never got naked themselves, they would talk to me through the bushes, even though I knew they could see me naked.

Rooftop, that's actually the same for me. I also hope that even if they don't end up being nudists, that they are comfortable enough with our nudity that they feel free to come over anytime and visit, even if we are nude and they aren't. And I also hope that they mention it to the other neighbors and they all are comfortable with it. We actually only have a few neighbors as we live on 4 acre lots so it's slightly possible that all could be comfortable with it, although unlikely.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  5:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed barefootguyinco. As for the streaking in the 70's, I was born in 71, so I'm a bit too young for that, but I've done plenty of it in my lifetime. I used to imitate Pee-Wee from the Porky's movies, and run down the streets naked when cars were coming down the road. Thankfully none of them were ever cops.

MrDave
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  7:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember the streaking fad in the 70's.I was born in 1960. The only thing that I have done is take long walks deep in the woods while being nude.

MrDave

Edited by - MrDave on 04/04/2010 7:38:21 PM

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  01:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I streaked around the college cafeteria in 1974 with a bunch of friends. I never saw that many camera flashes in rapid succession. Somewhere out there lurk those photos.
I set up several lawn chairs on my camper and drank beer while watching all of the streakers pass by. It was an impromptu party!

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  5:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found out from the newsletter the apartment complex puts out that there are coyote in the area. Checked it out online at http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/abcoyote.html and found out it was true. So I guess my little 2 am romp in the park really was brave. Glad I didn't run in to a coyote that night.

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  8:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
coyote are scavengers. They will be more afraid of you than you should be of them. They are enjoying their naked romps, you should too!
There are many creatures that share our neighborhoods. Just last night a passing skunk let me know of his presence. i was tempted to return to my shelter, but ventured out anyway understanding that we all have a place.

Be wary of predators that would see us as prey, otherwise respect their space and they should leave you alone.

best regards,
safebare

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

Rocket Science

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  8:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravest thing I've ever done nude was jumping off a rope swing into a lake 20' below the ledge. Being nude wasn't the brave part, we were at the Ledges in Southern Vermont, an awesome clothing free area. The Brave part was the jump itself. I always wanted to do such a thing, but the opportunity never presented itself until then. I swung back and forth a few times before finally letting go and plunging into the cold lake. What a rush!

nakie413
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  12:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My parents were having a naked party. Little did I know that three girls from my school were going to be there and they were all pretty good looking. However, I sucked it up and when I saw everyone was nude, it was no big deal. The girls actually liked it and we decided to go skinny dipping afterwards.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  6:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drove by my self proclaimed CO park on the way home last night...very depressed right now . They fixed all the lights in the park...it is no longer the perfect place for a 2 am naked walk in the park anymore. If I go now, it will either be VERY brave...or VERY dumb. I'm thinking it would be mostly...DUMB. Oh well...at least I had a couple of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors, even if it was at night. Hopefully it still has some kind of electrical problem (or whatever caused them to be off before) to put the park in darkness once again.

Edited by - free2be on 05/28/2010 7:01:35 PM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  08:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by free2be

Drove by my self proclaimed CO park on the way home last night...very depressed right now . They fixed all the lights in the park...it is no longer the perfect place for a 2 am naked walk in the park anymore. If I go now, it will either be VERY brave...or VERY dumb. I'm thinking it would be mostly...DUMB. Oh well...at least I had a couple of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors, even if it was at night. Hopefully it still has some kind of electrical problem (or whatever caused them to be off before) to put the park in darkness once again.

I have that problem at work. I'll think that enough of the lights are out for a nude (late night) walk and they go and fix them.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  10:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Jumped in our hot tub naked in front of a couple of female coworkers. I was a bit drunk though...

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.26 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved