Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 477 ]  [ Total: 477 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Whats the bravest thing you have done nude?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge
Page: of 34

tomcon1

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  3:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helped save a drowning man, at risk to myself. In 1988 at Baker's Beach in San Francisco a tourist swimming in the surf was carried by the longshore current against the rocks and battered. He was drowning within site of the beach, yet nobody noticed. His girlfriend screamed and pointed. I was closest.

I ran through a volleyball game of gay men yelling "Help me save the drowning man" and ran into the surf. He was already head-down and being dragged deeper by the undertow. I just had time to grab and ankle before he disappeared.

The bottom is surprisingly steep and dark within yards of shore. Soon I was in as much trouble as he was. The surface water washes in, the undertow washes out with you in it. But I held on as the darkness closed around us.

Suddenly I was sitting on the beach with a couple of buff, tan gay guys asking, "Hey, buddy. Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I think so. Where am I? What happened"

"We made a chain to pull you out. The chain kept getting longer. You were the second guy from the end, and kinda blue when we pulled you out. We think you saved the last guy, in shorts. They're working on him now."

A few yards away a ring of naked men and one dressed girl surrounded a man on the sand. In time he stirred and sat up, as confused as me, or more. A cheer rang up. Nobody noticed me, not that it mattered.

I nearly died that day. The sense of being alive is overwhelming. My glasses were gone, but I was alive, and so was some stranger. That was one of the most stupid things I have ever done naked, totally without thought. Yet I am proud of that for exactly that reason:

"If if came to it, would you risk your life for a stranger? If it came to it, would you SACRIFICE your life for another?" "Yes", and "almost". I have never been braver. I have looked into my own soul and found it worthwhile.

beachalive
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  8:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hiking nude on a closed fire road and was quite certain I had the road to myself. Wearing only a hat and boots and carrying a hiking stick, I had my clothes in a backpack. Wouldn't you just know it. Rounding a curve, I saw a textile couple approaching me going the opposite direction. Nowhere to hide, no time to dress. I just had to brazen it out and keep walking past them. To me, it took a lot of courage. Just said "Hello" as I passed, and got a "Hi" in return. That was it. Not the end of the world! But I felt I had been pretty brave. Now of course, with hindsite, I realize what I did was exactly the right thing to do. I didn't act as if I was doing anything wrong, and that was how I was treated. For what its worth...

canzan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  4:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Is it just me or are some of these "brave" events a bit on either the exhibitionistic side or flaunting oneself onto others?!! When you push the envelope and get caught, it has been a fact that new anti-nudity laws get enacted. Please think of the consequences when you decide to go au naturale in a textile environment.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

I think for many people - at least for me - it is the enjoyment of being nude and not an exhibitionist thing. How do you maximise the enjoyment? Do as much as you can while nude, but calculate the risk. Don't be reckless. My wife and I frequently visit the beach near us where we go for nude walks and know when it is "busy" and when not. At times there are other nude couples and at times couples where the woman is topless. Other times it is completely deserted.

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  12:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tomcom1, you win the prize! I have pulled someone out of the water, but only on rescue duty (not nude). The closest I came was to help a textile who got his vehicle stuck near a nude beach in Texas. I don't think he expected a nude male to come to his rescue, but he was very thankful.

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

runrdad
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  10:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some might consider this stupid but just went on a bike ride on some local bike trails. Halfway through the ride I stripped down to just helmet, sun glasses, and my shoes. Rode for about 4 miles through the woods this way. The wind on my skin felt great and I was able to hit the hills harder. I figured the odds were really low of getting caught there on a weekday, at 7:30am, and with school being back in session. Plus I checked the parking lot to make sure no one was there. Someone could have ridden to the trails like I did but I rolled the dice. Had I come across someone I would have simply kept on riding just as I would have when completely dressed.

I've been to hell but didn't stay long enough to talk to the devil.

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  1:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by runrdad

Some might consider this stupid but just went on a bike ride on some local bike trails. Halfway through the ride I stripped down to just helmet, sun glasses, and my shoes. Rode for about 4 miles through the woods this way. The wind on my skin felt great and I was able to hit the hills harder. I figured the odds were really low of getting caught there on a weekday, at 7:30am, and with school being back in session. Plus I checked the parking lot to make sure no one was there. Someone could have ridden to the trails like I did but I rolled the dice. Had I come across someone I would have simply kept on riding just as I would have when completely dressed.

I've been to hell but didn't stay long enough to talk to the devil.

No not stupid at all, you'd be surprised how many people cycle nude, and the huge number of freehikers that are out there would astound you.

Freehiking is so popular there are groups here in the UK that organise walks in country areas, usually mid week to reduce the possibility of running into too many textiles.

We even had a nude charity walk on behalf of British Naturism's chosen charity for 2007.

Pete Knight

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  11:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri I have read that the travelites do canoeing and boating excursion ,are these excursions clothed or nude,I have been involved in boating for years and when alot, not all boaters find a secluded part of a river or lake clothes seem to disappear,I have been boating on Lake Lanier north of Atlanta for years, and during the weekday and even some weekend the nudist come out like flies but I don't ever remember seeing people flaunt themselves ,just seem to be having a good time, I know it's illegal but if nudist are careful and don't exploite theirselves intentionally and attempt to cover up they are less likely to have a problem.And yes I am familur with the laws of Georgia,I recently retired from a law enforcement career and had encounter many naked folks around that lake,but I like most in law enforcement were more concerned with dui's and real crimes,i'm also aware that some in law enforcement believe the criminal law book is like the bible and follow it verse by verse. Again I think its how you conduct yourself wher you have a chance encounter with non-nudist.Also remember that some people think that if you are a nudist you certainly must be a exhibitionistic.And I also wouldn't walk out to get my mail nude.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2007 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

Cheri I have read that the travelites do canoeing and boating excursion ,are these excursions clothed or nude,I have been involved in boating for years and when alot, not all boaters find a secluded part of a river or lake clothes seem to disappear,I have been boating on Lake Lanier north of Atlanta for years, and during the weekday and even some weekend the nudist come out like flies but I don't ever remember seeing people flaunt themselves ,just seem to be having a good time, I know it's illegal but if nudist are careful and don't exploite theirselves intentionally and attempt to cover up they are less likely to have a problem.And yes I am familur with the laws of Georgia,I recently retired from a law enforcement career and had encounter many naked folks around that lake,but I like most in law enforcement were more concerned with dui's and real crimes,i'm also aware that some in law enforcement believe the criminal law book is like the bible and follow it verse by verse. Again I think its how you conduct yourself wher you have a chance encounter with non-nudist.Also remember that some people think that if you are a nudist you certainly must be a exhibitionistic.And I also wouldn't walk out to get my mail nude.

The river that Travelites, Inc. enjoys is a very remote section of a Low Country River in the Carolinas where we cover up should the water be high enough for any boaters. We usually do not have that problem. We cover up should any others approach. We want to enjoy the day on the water au naturale and not flaunt our prefered way of (un)dressing.

Not brave, just smart.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  12:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We live in an area where our neighbors are some distance away, so we can be nude nearly anywhere in our yard after dark. We have enjoyed walking in the yard and just setting on the deck and watching the stars for some time.

With the weather being so hot this year I have been waiting till dark to mow the yard using the lawnmower headlights. About a month ago I thought to my self why should I get dressed to mow the yard anyway. I do a little mowing next to the road while dressed when I come home, and the rest is Au Natural.

I'll have to say mowing is much less of a chore now.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 09/08/2007 11:50:48 AM

saynotoclothes

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  07:57:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to a golf course on a monday night and got naked and left my clothes behind and walked around the whole area

mugwert
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  10:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because the co places are so far away, I got bored last night and went for a nude walk around the block. It was a little cool, but was really nice, until somebody came flying around the corner and almost ran me over in their car, guess they were a little surprised.

Blackbare6
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  2:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Blackbare6 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
About 15yrs ago, when I worked at the airport in Tucson, AZ, I used to ride my bike to and from work. I didnt have a car, but the ap was only 5 miles from my apt. I worked late nights, till 2 AM, so the streets were pretty deserted when I got off.
Anyway, I would occasionally ride home naked. Usually on just the side streets thru the trailer parks, but sometimes (if I was drunk enough), along the main drag to the airport!
I would'nt do it again now, but at the time it was one hell of a rush!
Henry

russ2722
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  10:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last august..2006..we were having an exceptionaly hot summer..here in oklahoma...woke up at two in the morning...could not sleep.....so went for a scooter ride to check on my sailboat. Call it brave..or call it stupid..but I went around the lake dam..two miles..riding my scooter nude.

beachalive
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  4:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I told a friend I have known for some years, in conversation, that I was a nudist and often went without clothes at home. I don't know whether he believed me or not, because he made a few jokes (the usual!), and we went on to talk about other things. A little over a week ago, he came over to my house to help me do some work on a basement renovation. Knowing it was him, I answered the door naked. He seemed a bit taken aback and I asked if he minded my not wearing clothes. I guess he realized I had been serious before, but he said he was OK with it. We spent the rest of the afternoon working in the basement, him clothed and me naked. We talked about my having been a long time visitor to our city's clothing-optional beach, and he seemed pretty interested in that. So who knows, sometime he may join me. But it took a bit of nerve to open that door starkers.

coveresid
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  01:57:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just recently I did a one hour hike to a hot spring in the nude. Only once on the trail going to the springs did I need to put some shorts on. I overtook two other hikers and slipped on my shorts to find out how they were. It was a young couple, so once I got past them I took off my shorts to finish hiking in the nude. Got to the hot springs and was sunning myself on the rocks when this couple came to the springs. They walked right by with a few glances, but this spring is known as being clothing optional. They went further up and spent the time in textiles.

On the hike back to the car, I decided to hike nude again. Had one biker coming up the trail and didn't bother to cover up. Two other college age girls also were hiking up the trail and I just held my towel in front of me and kept hiking. Further on down the trail I came across this same couple I had passed earlier in the day. Since they had seen me nude earlier, I didn't even bother to cover up and just walked passed them this time. Said hi as I walked by and just kept going. Once down to the car, I did need to put my shorts back on. But it was a great hike and soak in the nude.

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.43 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved