Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 248 ]  [ Total: 248 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 AANR & Assateague Island Natl Seashore
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: East Coast Florida unofficial nude beaches Topic Next Topic: Unofficial Nude Beaches Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater?
Page: of 2

skinnydipper
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  8:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Came across a news story this week about AANR trying to lobby Maryland to make a small portion of AINS a legal nude beach, the part that is now an unofficial nude beach.
http://www.oceancity.md/octoday/headline.cfm?PubID=2047

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  09:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
skinnydipper, People going there have been ticketed these past few years to the point that it was ill-advised to visit. It would be wonderful if it did become a legal venue.

Hugs, cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

skinnydipper
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  8:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's an interesting update... poll shows "nudes beating prudes in the battle over whether to allow naked sunbathing on Assateague Island".

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=73731&format=html

philzer
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  9:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic hits home with me because Assateague Island was the first nude beach I ever visited, back when I was still a teenager. The nude beach was on the Virginia side of Assateague at the time, and a few years later it was declared illegal in Accomack county by an anti-nudity ordinance brought about by some nude-phobic Baptists. It's been that way for probably 15 years or so. It's a shame that one of my formative experience as a nudist is no longer available to be enjoyed by like-minded people, especially since Assateague is one of our National Seashores and a wonderful, unspoiled beach.

Philzer

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  2:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From The American Association for Nude Recreation's The Cyber-Bulletin - Volume 4, Issue 2 (02-20-2004)

Poll Shows Maryland Voters Favor Nude Sunbathing

A February poll conducted by Gonzales Research and Marketing Strategies of Annapolis shows strong support for legalization of nude sunbathing at the Assateague National Seashore. The poll asked 818 registered Maryland voters, "If there were sufficient signage posted to notify those who wish to avoid the area, would you favor or oppose allowing nude sunbathing on an isolated area of Assateague Island beach?" Statewide 48% of voters said they would favor nude sunbathing in an isolated area. The Washington suburbs were even more supportive of legalized nudity on Assateague: 62% supported the measure, while just 29% opposed it.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

A very favorable poll, but I wonder what their next step will be ?

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  03:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If the majority of the voters are for it, then why do they propose bills to ban it?

Kim =^.^=

no_tlines

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  09:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit no_tlines's Homepage  Send no_tlines a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I use to go to Assateague Island all the time. I really enjoyed it, as there was mile of open beach. Often you would see a wild poney or two walking on the beach. Unfortunately the National Park Service got authorization to enforce the State of Maryland's anti-nudity laws. Interestingly enough, people would still go nude on the beach and would kind of watch out for one another. You could see the Ranges coming down the beach from miles away, and the signal would go down the beach to cover oneself. It kind of brought people closer together. I've not been there for a few years now...I really miss that place.

Kayaker

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  01:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the Virginia Eastern shore, there are a series of protected barrier Islands much like Assateague. These islands are more remote and are only reachable by small boat (a sea-kayak in my case). Many are owned by the Nature Conservancy and are closed. But many are open to day use as long as you stay away from the sea bird rookeries. Last September I paddled out to Assawoman and Metompkin islands. Both are wild and have wide open beaches that afford a view of anyone who approaches. I spent several hours there swimming nude with only one group of people visable over a mile away on the opposite island. I would be interested to hear about other's experiences in this area. My next trip will be to Parrimore, Cedar and Wreck further south. FYI, for those who might be interested in kayaking in this area, keep in might that many of the islands require open water paddling, requiring proper equipement and skills. A small powered skiff would work well in this area.

Kayaker

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  12:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any up-dates about Assateague (posted a similar question elsewhere on this topic)?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  08:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ASSATEAGUE BEACH CLEAN-UP ? SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2006

American Association for Nude Recreation
American Association for Nude Recreation ? Eastern Region

Come one, Come all to the ASSATEAGUE BEACH COASTAL CLEAN-UP as we celebrate Maryland Coast Day and show how much we nudists/naturists care about this wonderful beach area that was clothing-optional until the mid-1980s.

Whether you are a member of the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR), The Naturist Society (TNS), or an unaffiliated occasional beach skinny-dipper, come join us. AANR will provide our ever-popular, bright-yellow, easy-to-be-spotted ?CAUTION?CLOTHES MAY COME OFF WITHOUT WARNING? T-shirt along with bottled water, juice and snacks to rejuvenate you throughout this clothing ?not-optional? day. On-site registration will be from 8:30AM to 9:30AM.

For advance registration for volunteers and to let us know your T-shirt size, please contact:

Steven Stoller
Board of Directors, AANR-East
stoller@erols.com

Jimmy Corsentino
Government Affairs Chairperson, AANR-East
Cell: 706-892-6671
Home and cell: 706-738-1924
corsibare@aol.com

Ray Simpson
Cell: 301-399-9338
rjsimpson1@earthlink.net

DIRECTIONS:
Take U.S. 50 east. As you approach Ocean City, look for Maryland Route 611 on your right. Turn right onto 611 and follow the signs to Assateague State Park . The AANR team will meet at the Visitors Center before the toll booth at 7:30AM and late arrivals after 8:00AM should go to the north parking lot on the Federal side ? through the fee gate (no toll to pay) and take the first left. Look for the banners for the Assateague Coastal Trust. Registration is from 8:30AM to 9:30AM. Flyer available at http://tinyurl.com/g8vdf.

NOTES:

1) This clean-up is sponsored by the ASSATEAGUE COASTAL TRUST (http://www.actforbays.org) and will feature such fun attractions for kids and their parents as touch-tanks (live marine animals to see and touch), crafts, kite-flying, sand-castle building, food, live music and more. Come visit the Coast Kids booth and see their hand-painted mural ?Life on the Coast??unveiled for the first time that day!

2) The Earth Day April 2006 clean-up in which AANR participated was sponsored by the FRIENDS OF ASSATEAGUE STATE PARK (FOASP). A description of this event complete with photos is available at http://www.aanr-east.com/comm..htm and http://www.ourfrontpage.com/nude/assateague/earth-day-clean-up.aspx.

Steven T. Stoller
stoller@erols.com stoller@yahoo.com
www.ourfrontpage.com/nude

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

ovtaper

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  7:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
careful out there the nps is STILL giving out tix to the tune of $250 + $25 process fee.....

WVGreenhorn
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  8:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ovtaper

careful out there the nps is STILL giving out tix to the tune of $250 + $25 process fee.....

Are you speaking from experience or is this just something you "seen" or something you "read" on the internet?

We were there twice in 2007 (June and Aug.) and once in 2008 (June), and had NO problems with the rangers. Were many others doing the same!

Cover up when you see them coming, they smile and wave as they pass... No problems at ALL.

Will be back next year...

The Greenhorn

BerlinMD

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  3:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Send BerlinMD a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i was there for a total of 33 days last summer. had no problems nude or in thong. just cover up when nps comes by. i'll be back this summer.

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  4:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AANR and AANR-Eastern Region are working to get this a legal nude beach. If arrested and/or ticketed, it puts back the efforts.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  07:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Based on posts from another forum. Guys are wearing g-strings without problems. Nude is still a problem. I agree with Teva. Go to www.skinzwear.com or www.bananapeelz.com and buy some tiny coverage. Playing hide and seek with the rangers isn't helpul.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Edited by - Balto Bob on 04/24/2009 08:03:07 AM

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: East Coast Florida unofficial nude beaches Topic Next Topic: Unofficial Nude Beaches Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved