Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 454 ]  [ Total: 454 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 "Who knows?"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS
Page: of 20

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  6:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no, "Mom 1" and "Mom 2". lol.

irishred

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  6:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

One of my colleagues agreed wholeheartedly while the other 2 at my table pretty much had their jaws drop. They all commented that I was the last person in the world...

The fact that one agreed wholeheartedly means that there is someone who either is a closet nudist (boy, is that an odd metaphor!) or someone who wants to be a nudist and will quietly ask you about it.

I can well remember when I casually told my mom that my wife and I had been to Club Orient, the clothing-optional resort on St. Martin. She remarked only that I seemed the least likely of her kids to choose recreation sans culottes. There are genetics, I suppose: she used to strongly prefer sunbathing nude (skin cancer became a concern..)

I tend to agree with Cheri that there is sort of a need-to-know filter that should probably be used with casual acquaintances. On the other hand, you should feel comfortable about mentioning your preference in conversations, where appropriate. My secretaries and several colleagues know of our preferences--mostly because I have left information about where we'll be and they were smart enought to do web searches on Club Orient. The most common response is curiosity, mixed with some envy, I suppose.

Edited by - pilot on 02/15/2004 7:41:33 PM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  03:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think your right about that pilot, a lot of people are curious about nudity, and secretly would like to try it. They just have to find the right place and time, or someone to encourage them. From the conversations in this room, there are a lot of "closet nudists", or people who used to be, before they took that first step.

Kim =^.^=

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  9:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, my list is pretty short:

You all know
My nudist mom knows
A small handful of friends know (maybe 4 people)

With my profession (teacher) I think it would have negative career implications for me to announce to the world that I'm a nudist. However, some days I just want to tell everyone. I'm not sure why, but I want people to know. Does this make sense?

Melisa

My wife and I are both nudists and teachers. We share your apprehension in sharing the news. Things haven't changed much over the years. We are still expected to be of a higher moral code than the general populace.

While we can justify our nudism, we don't think that we should have to. Keeping it to ourselves just is saving a headache.

I resent having to keep it in, but activity on message boards gives me an outlet to express myself.

He who sleeps in the buff is in for a nude awakening.

Linux: 100% Microsoft Free Computing

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  9:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If we're held to a higher moral standard, you don't want to see our teachers Friday right after school. We all congregate at Houlihans to vent and get drunk (not me personally.) This past week we discussed effective and creative ways of killing students. Loving, aren't we? I think I was the only one who was sober to go home as I only had 1/2 a strawberry daqueri with my dinner and 3 glasses of water.

Melissa

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  9:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If we're held to a higher moral standard, you don't want to see our teachers Friday right after school. We all congregate at Houlihans to vent and get drunk (not me personally.) This past week we discussed effective and creative ways of killing students. Loving, aren't we? I think I was the only one who was sober to go home as I only had 1/2 a strawberry daqueri with my dinner and 3 glasses of water.

Melissa

I didn't say we were of a higher standard. LOL. We are expected to be and can be held accountable for our actions outside of the classroom.
Yeah, if they could only hear us when we get together. On second thought...

Don't be clothes-minded - take them off

Linux: 100% Microsoft Free Computing

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  10:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know what you are saying Melissa, you have the "dear sweeties" almost eight hours a day, 5 days a week, and are suposed to impart some knowledge to them. They act like little monsters, and your hands are tied to do anything about it. God forbid should you aproach a parent about a child's discipline. Ths school board doesn't want you to acknowledge the existance of God, or say anything about the Ten Commandments, but let you do anything they consider immoral, and they hold you accountable.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  11:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
teachers are held to a higher standard because the parents cannot be.

and they should be based on what ive seen over the years

toll_booth
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  01:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobody IRL. Online is the only place I've ever admitted to being a naturist.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  03:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tollbooth sometimes that works out best. A lot of the time friends, family, and co-workers just can't accept it.

KIm =^.^=

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  12:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My co-workers know and have accepted it. My wife's co-workers, on the other hand, do not know. I would suspect that many of them are probably home nudists.

Our neighbors know because they looked over the wall a few times and found us floating in the pool or sunning. They rarely look over the wall anymore. It's not as exciting as the first few times.

Being a public employee, such as we are, does have it's down sides. Teachers are held to a higher standard...unrealistically higher standard. It is unfair to do this because many of the simple things we like to do, such as go our to dinner and have a drink are scrutinized by those in the community that feel differently. I left public office after two terms because it became difficult to always watch what I said or what I did outside the meeting room. I remember having dinner one night with my wife and friends and was approached by parents of students and they looked down to see a cocktail in front of me and said...oh Mr. ****, I didn't know you drank. That was only the beginning. Wonder what would have happened if they found out my wife and I were nudist!!!

Most importantly...our grown children know and support us and respect us.

Eventually, most of our family will find out and so will our textile friends. This will be a good coming out for us because it becomes to much trouble telling little white lies about what we do and where we go.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with you FireProf, its a shame that we have to life dual lives. Whats funny is that the people that hold public officials to the letter of the law are usually doing far worse things.

Kim =^.^=

Revilo42
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  5:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Revilo42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think the term skinnydipping is more innocent of a term than nudist in the minds of the uninitiated.

Perhaps it's like comparing the terms "motorcyclist" and "biker"! It's the difference between what someone does and what they are.

BTW, apart from at work, most of our family and friends know. Most will join us naked in the pool, etc. The rest know to call ahead!

Cheers!

David
www.thebeadman.net

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Revilo42 about the terms such as motorcyclist and biker. Sometimes it is a good point to call ahead. I have heard of some nudists that have gone so far as to put signs on their doors; "Warning, nudity may be encountered within."

Kim =^.^=

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  6:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are not surprised by the lengths nudist will go to ensure their privacy. We met a couple a month ago at a resort and they installed a lazer beam across their entrance gate that sets off a bell or chime that alerts them that someone is driving up there long driveway. They say it's long enough to allow them to slip something on before those people hit the front door.

We are looking into one of those small cameras for the front door that is connected to our computer monitor so we can see who's at the front door. It could save us form having to get dressed for a salesperson.

Page: of 20 Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.43 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved