Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 194 ]  [ Total: 194 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and The Law / Laws Concerning Nudists
 The current state of nudism and the law
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: SC House Bill # 3679 Topic Next Topic: Eminent Domain Threat
Page: of 3

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  4:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a compilation of the statutes for indecent exposure and public lewdness at http://www.nudist-resorts.org/statutes.htm . Many thanks to Cheri for her contribution.

Laws effecting nudists vary from region to region. This part of the forum is to share your insight into the laws in your region as they concern nudists. To participate, hit Reply To topic.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  09:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
* ADVISORY - NATURIST ACTION COMMITTEE *
* Bob Morton, NAC Chairman/Exec Dir: ctnudists@aol.com *
* Scootch Pankonin, Gov't Affairs: scootchdc@aol.com *
* Dennis Kirkpatrick, Online Rep: nat@tiac.net *
* http://www.naturistsociety.com/NAC *

DATE: October 31, 2000
SUBJECT: NEF/Roper Poll 2000

To All Naturists:

The Naturist Education Foundation has issued the following press release for wide distribution. Operators of lists and bulletin boards are encouraged to post it.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, October 31, 2000

NATURIST EDUCATION FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF NATIONWIDE ROPER POLL ON SKINNY-DIPPING AND NUDE SUNBATHING

OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - A new nationwide poll commissioned by the Naturist Education Foundation (NEF) and conducted by the independent Roper-Starch organization indicates that Americans overwhelmingly approve of nude sunbathing on beaches set aside for that purpose.

In the scientific sampling conducted last month by Roper, 80 percent of those polled said they believed people who enjoy nude sunbathing should be able to do so without interference from officials as long as they do so at a beach that is accepted for that purpose. The approval rating for nude beaches is up from the 72% that was registered in a poll with identical questions taken by Gallup in 1983.

The NEF/Roper Poll 2000 was conducted on September 21, 2000, and included 1,010 adult U.S. residents. The poll has an error risk of 5%.

Responses to other questions in the poll suggest that more than 51 million Americans have, at one time or another, skinny-dipped or sunbathed nude in mixed-gender groups. Poll respondents were evenly split on the question of whether a portion of public land should be set aside for nude recreation, as it often is for other special recreation interests like snowmobiling, surfing and hunting.

"That's a tremendous difference from the numbers in the 1980's," noted NEF Chair Bob Morton. "In the earlier poll, there were fifteen percentage points separating those who favored setting aside special and secluded areas for nude sunbathing and those who didn't. Now they're absolutely even. I believe we've turned the corner in terms of acceptance."

The Naturist Education Foundation, Inc. is the nonprofit educational and informational arm of The Naturist Society, an organization with approximately 37,000 members who enjoy nude recreation throughout the U.S. and Canada. Through the gathering and dissemination of information, NEF promotes body acceptance and an understanding of naturist issues.

For more information on the Naturist Education Foundation or the NEF/Roper Poll 2000, visit the NEF web site at: www.naturistsociety.com/NEF or call (920) 231-9950 during business hours (Central Time).

Marked4Life
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  2:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Poll respondents were evenly split on the question of whether a portion of public land should be set aside for nude recreation, as it often is for other special recreation interests like snowmobiling, surfing and hunting."

Now that is the most assanine thing I have ever heard or read. I really don't want to picture going thru the woods in the fall and coming across some old hunter stark naked prancing thru the forest...Have the people of that state LOST their MINDS?????

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  4:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You really don't get it, Mark.

We are nude when possibly, clothed when practical.
There are appropriate places to be clothed. One of them is hiking through brambles and thick forests.

Do you really enjoy sitting around is a sandy, soggy swimsuit? You never answered this question on the other topic.

Regards,
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  4:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the Eastern Seaboard state (Maine - Georgia) statutes on public indecency &/or indecent exposure.

Local and other community legislation or zoning might be different.

Should anyone hear of any proposed legislation or zoning ordinances that would change the way in which we enjoy our chosen lifestyle, please post.

I have spoken to Judiciary Committees of both houses of the SC legislature.

Regards, Cheri

-
-

Marked4Life
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  8:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel just fine with my suit on, its very light weight, definatly not speedos, but lite-weight and dries out nicely. I guess thats where my comfort level is.
Mark

Marked4Life
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  8:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now honestly, if you were in the woods and saw a fellow toting a shotgun stark naked would your first thought be "oh my! Theres a hunter!"

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  9:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
probably.

-
-

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 08/12/2002 :  11:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The White Papers page at the Naturist Action Committee's website has some interesting reading regarding nudism and the law, nude civil disobedience, nudist lawsuits, and other topics.

http://nac.oshkosh.net/White_Papers/white_papers.html

Marked4Life
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2002 :  11:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I spent the last half hour glancing thru those pages and found the article on skinny dippers having to register as sex offenders to be quite interesting... even I find this to be a bit bizarre,,,

>>>>In thirteen U.S. states, however, lawmakers have decreed that >>>>>those convicted of mere nudity must register as sex offenders.

The thirteen are listed below. Click on a state to view its law requiring convicted skinny-dippers to register as sex criminals.

Alabama
Arizona
California

Colorado
Delaware
Idaho

Iowa
Massachusetts
Michigan
Montana

Nevada
Oklahoma
South Dakota

The Naturist Action Committee is working to reverse this travesty and prevent additional states from adding themselves to the list. Recent legislative efforts have been made in Washington (1999 and 2000) and Nebraska (1999 and 2000) to make mere nudity an offense requiring sex offender registration. In both states, NAC played a prominent role in defeating the legislation.

The move to place more people on state sex offender lists is a result of qualifications the U.S. government has placed on states that wish to receive Byrne Grant funding for state and local law enforcement efforts. To be qualified to receive millions of dollars in federal money, states are required to implement registration schemes for so-called "sexual predators." The penalty for failure to establish such a list is a loss of funds on which the states have come to be totally dependent.

The impetus for all this comes from the federal Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Registration Act of 1994, (PL103-322) and the "Megan's Law" amendment to it (PL104-145, 1997). Jacob Wetterling and Megan Kanka were children who were killed by recidivist sex offenders.

At least a dozen acts of Congress and countless pieces of state legislation have made clarifications and revisions to the Jacob Wetterling Act and Megan's Law. However, there has never been anything in the federal legislation that specifically requires those who have been convicted for mere nudity to be included by the states as "sexual predators." That fact hasn't prevented a handful of state lawmakers from threatening their colleagues with a loss of federal funding if they do not place skinny-dippers on their state's list. A head count of "predators" is submitted each year to the federal bureaucracy for approval. Increased counts, bloated by adding hapless nude sunbathers, help establish that the state is serious about complying.

Isnt that going a bit too far as far as legislation?
Mark

Edward

Posted - 08/22/2002 :  7:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Laws effecting nudists vary from region to region. This part of the forum is to share your insight into the laws in your region as they concern nudists. To participate, hit Reply To topic.

Edward

Posted - 08/22/2002 :  7:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am located in Sonoma County, California and am looking to change the statis of nude recreation in this area. There is a law currently in place making nudity illegal. I would appreciate any assistance in creating a plan of attack on this law. If anyone has a plan that was successful for them and would like to share it with me, I would appreciate it. I do not want to make a mistake that might do more harm than good.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  08:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Each county and lesser municipality has its own statutes regarding indecent exposure or public indecency. Go to a local University Law School Library or possibly even your local public library and look up or ask the librarian to help you look up the laws. You could call the county and/or city clerk office and ask what the laws read on public indecency and/or indecent exposure as well.

I have all the statutes for the Eastern seaboard (ME-GA) states subsequent to a research project.

You might want to contact NAC/TNS to see what they might suggest.

Regards, Cheri

-
-

jefferywinkler

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  07:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit jefferywinkler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I want to get an initiative on the ballot in California, allowing women to go topless anywhere that a man can. Would you be willing to help me? Here you can read about how you get an iniative on the ballot in California.

http://www.ss.ca.gov/elections/init_guide.htm

We have to submit a title and text to the Attorney General, and you have to pay a $200 fee. We then have to collect signatures. Maybe women's rights organizations, and nudist organizations, would be willing to collect signatures from their members. Would you be willing to help me? What would you be willing to do for it?

I think it would be easy to get enough to get enough people to sign the petition. How do you do this? Can you help me?

Jeffery Winkler

http://free.freespeech.org/topfreedomusa/home.htm

http://www.topfreedom.com/

http://www.geocities.com/womens_choice_org/topfreedom.html

http://www.tera.ca/

http://right2bare.tripod.com/right2bare/id11.html

http://www.softb.com/samples.htm

skroftruth

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  10:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can Missouri be added to the list?

later
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  2:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The laws on nudism are unfortunately grouped in with the laws governing lewd behavior. Law makers have a hard time understanding that nudity is not offensive in it's self. It's what you do while nude. Should you sun bathing or gardening in the nude be put in the same class as someone out to gain sexual thrills while nude be grouped together, no.
In Canada the courts and judges have started to realize this. That's not to say you can be nude where ever, when ever.
I'm a strong believer that in order to change the laws we must stand up and be counted. Joining nudist organizations is one way. These groups need to show strong numbers when they talk to law makers.
Saying your a nudist, but in the same breath saying you don't want anyone to know does not help. I send letters to the provincial and federal justice ministers every year, stating that as a nudist I would like the laws changed to reflect that there is a nudist culture, and that I believe that nudist should be allowed a say in laws to govern our reasonable activities, beyond the standard venues. These include C/O camp grounds, hiking trails and beach areas. It cost you nothing to write these letters, it's not like the nudie police are going to come and get you, and you can still maintain your secret life from family and friends if you wish.
The saying goes something like " each letter received by a politician is counted as 500 voters." If we want more freedom we all have to go get it. Just think of how many special interest groups, you hear of, that demand and get changes made. It's because they put up a united and strong voice.
Want more freedom as a nudist? Stand up and be counted. If you wait for someone else to do it you will wait a long time, if ever to se change.

Edited by - later on 04/19/2007 2:09:29 PM

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: SC House Bill # 3679 Topic Next Topic: Eminent Domain Threat  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved