Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Wilderness Destinations and Trip Reports
 Sign the petition
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Naked hiking negative feedback Topic Next Topic: Western New York , NW Pennsylvania gorges
Page: of 3

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  12:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's one more thing to consider ...

Our circle of nudist friends ... close nudist friends is about a dozen couples. Of those 24 people ... 4 of us ... just 4 are members of any nudist organization. The others are nudist, nonetheless, but they do not visit nudist website message boards, they don't surf the net for these sites and read what's going on and they certainly won't put their names on anything related to nudity with a chance of being outed.

Here and on many of the other sites I'm on, and many of us are on the same ones, they are usually visited regularly by a fraction of those that are "members." Participation, contribution and activity is limited to less than 100 members and not all of those members are upfront and open about their participation in nudism as some of us are.

It stands to reason that the numbers of nudist these threads are getting out to will only generate a few hundred nudists interested and willing to sign their names to the petition ... if they are willing to do so. I read on another site I'm on that there is also concern that with the poor showing this petition is likely to have ... "will it have a reverse effect on what it is we are trying to accomplish?" Will the extremely low numbers of people signing this petition indicate that there really isn't a need or desire for what the petition is asking?

The Skinny Dip record attempt sponsored by AANR and later AANR/TNS had higher numbers of participation at a single venue than this petition has garnered thus far. Planning, coordination and publication of the event was done months in advance. This is what needed to be done with this effort.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  11:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who are terrified that your identities might become known by signing this petition, fear not, only your initials are shown. No one will know who you are, you can continue to hide in your closets and your terrible secret will not be revealed.

If you go to the website and check it out you can see for yourself.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  4:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news, AANR sent out a Tweet this morning indicating their support for our petition. Those of you who were reluctant to support it because our national organizations were not on board now have one less reason to stay on the sidelines.

Sign the petition, it doesn't cost anything, it doesn't jeopardize your safety or privacy, and it might lead to much more widespread acceptance of our culture. Without more support that isn't going to happen. Aren't you all tired of being second class citizens?

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  01:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again ... I applaud your efforts to get people involved in this effort to get the signatures needed on this petition but ...

not everyone that is a nudist is in the same place you are Bill. It's easy to be in a personal situation where you don't have someone that isn't as open or willing to be open about their nudist lifestyle or nudist tendencies as you are. Take me for instance; I'm lucky to have a wife that is very much a committed nudist. She loves being a nudist, living as a nudist, loves visiting beaches, clubs, resorts, having nudist friends and socializing. She loves nude camping, nude hiking and when doing so ... we encounter others, some clothed, some nude. It's something she's willing to do but at the same time ... she'd really rather I didn't broadcast the fact that we do these things on Facebook or stand on the corner of a busy intersection with a sign. She's still a private person and knows that there are some instances where our nudism puts her out there but that's her choice and she makes those decisions.

I think it has a reverse effect on many when some people that do not have the same perimeters and responsibilities to others ... think it's okay to say things like ... "it doesn't cost anything, it doesn't jeopardize your safety or privacy", stating things like ... "for those of you that are terrified" as though it's some kind of decease and you're not a committed nudist because you have concerns ...

There are things that I find so strange within a group of people that purpose to be accepting and open minded ... yet will not afford those same things to the very group of people that spout these things to others ... about us. We want mainstream society to accept our diversity and lifestyle ... but we have nudists within our community that will not accept that many of us have responsibilities and constraints that are far different than others and we can't ALL live the life some are able to.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Dcleatr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  12:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AANR has reversed its position on supporting the petition. I just received an email from AANR's public relations person urging members to sign the petition. The email provided a link it.

Don't let them take away your right to bare butts!

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  2:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I checked the petition website a few minutes ago I found 1,047 signatures. The support of AANR has had a dramatic impact on the numbers. Obviously there is still a long way to go and a lot more effort will be required, but there are reasons for optimism. Thanks to all who have signed. I hope those who have yet to sign will consider doing so. We need all the support we can get.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Dcleatr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  4:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill I'm convinced that your efforts are what got AANR on the stick to support the petition.

Thank you!!

Charlie

Don't let them take away your right to bare butts!

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  5:05:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome Charlie, but I don't really think my efforts have made very much difference. Obviously I think this is an important issue, and I'm going to continue to do whatever I can to make it successful. And I need all the help I can possibly get. There is still ample time for this. Anyone who hasn't signed the petition yet, please help us out.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

baie rouge nudists
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  8:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just signed, Bill. Thanks for the info. Lets hope we get our beaches back for naturist use on Fire Island this summer.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  11:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In order to attract some more attention and support for this petition today I created and posted some flyers on the bulletin boards here at Glen Eden.

What I said was:

HAVE YOU SIGNED THE PETITION?
AANR has sent out an Urgent Action Request
asking their members to do so.

There is a petition posted on the whitehouse.gov
website which requests that more public land be
designated for nude recreational use.

This is a cause we should all support. It is easy to
do. Go on line to petitions.whitehouse.gov.
Click on "VIEW PETITIONS"

Scroll down and click on the one which says:
"Designate portions of public lands under
management of the federal government for
clothing optional recreational use."

Create an account if you don't already have one,
and then electronically sign the petition.

Once you sign it only your initials will be visible to
others, so your privacy will be respected.

Please help make this a great success.
If the petition gets at least 100,000 signatures by
February 11 this issue will receive some much
needed attention from the policy makers in
Washington. Ask your friends and neighbors for
their support too.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  8:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I added my name to the petition yesterday.

mark85304
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  3:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Can anyone tell me why this seems to be attracting so little attention."

It's the "not invented here syndrome". It was not an idea born out of either national organization. For that matter, it appears that the national organization are not on the same page with each other anyway.

If we are going to make any progress, we have to work together in unity toward common goals whether we be AANR, TANR, TNS, simple nudists, home nudists, naturists, etc. Divided we ALL fail and I do not want to see any efforts to advance nudism get to the levels several groups have gotten to, the "in your face" approach or the militant approach. All that does is alienate the rest of the populous.

If we can't work together for common goals, we not only will not advance our cause, but we will self destruct.

--
Feel the sun warm your skin when there's nothing between you and the sun.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  4:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The number of daily signatures has fallen dramatically since AANR announced their support for this effort. It is really disappointing. What is needed is much more publicity. It is usually difficult to motivate more than a small percentage of people who agree with you to take some action to support an effort like this. When you consider the fact that so many nudists live in fear that their identities might be revealed it becomes clear that you have to connect with a vast number of people. As in any grassroots effort success depends on all the advocates drumming up supporters who then will seek even more supporters. That isn't happening. If we don't find some way to attract more attention this effort will fail.

It was started as a grassroots effort, without the knowledge or support of our national organizations. I guess the originator thought it was best to try to keep it independent from them. In retrospect that seems to have been a misstep. Some better planning and organization certainly would have improved the chance of success, but with NAC's tepid support I don't think we could expect much help from them. I have no idea why they aren't supporting this effort.

Regarding further efforts to advance our agenda, I don't like the in-your-face campaigns used by the feminists and the LGBT folks either, but they are incredibly effective. There seem to be a huge number of people who are willing to overlook the rude behavior and recognize the discrimination that is being protested. We need more activism, but we must be smart.

There was a missed opportunity in the Castro District of San Francisco last year that could have benefitted our cause, but we didn't take advantage of it. You may recall that some gay men there were taking advantage of San Francisco's liberal public nudity regulations, claiming to be nudists, prancing around nude in public, and creating a public nuisance. If actual nudists, those who subscribe to AANR's guidelines, had stepped forward and pointed out the differences between nudists and naked, rude, gay exhibitionists, those liberal San Francisco public nudity regulations might still be in effect.

We need a lot more public attention. Because so many of us refuse to admit that we are nudists, society considers us a tiny minority, an insignificant goofy fringe element. As such we have no political power, yet our numbers exceed those of the black population in the 50s and 60s during the civil rights movement. If we don't do anything to improve our situation no one else will. The best we can hope for is that society will cease obstructing our lifestyle, but we have to make that happen.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 01/25/2014 5:15:08 PM

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  9:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill, I have scheduled some tweets to go out to support this on our Twitter account at http://twitter.com/_NudistResorts .

I think the observation made about national organizations not recognizing the important of public nude recreational facilities is correct. Some think it would be most profitable to corral all the nudists into "camps" with a high cost of admission. That's no way to build a successful travel industry.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  11:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for your support Kevin. It means a lot. I have no idea why NAC and TNS aren't enthusiastic about this effort. Speculating about their motives doesn't really make much sense. It certainly is possible that those who withhold their support may be doing so based on their own self interest, but that seems pretty shortsighted to me. Ultimately, if public nudity were to become acceptable there would no longer be a need for nude clubs and resorts, but the potential of that happening any time soon is pretty minute.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Naked hiking negative feedback Topic Next Topic: Western New York , NW Pennsylvania gorges  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.38 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved