Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 155 ]  [ Total: 155 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 New show TLC "Buying naked"
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Possibly Running into Someone You Know Topic Next Topic: Good Morning America
Page: of 7

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  4:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone watched the show "Buying Naked"? It aired last night on TLC. It is about nudist couples looking for new homes in the Florida area. Most of it seems to be filmed in Florida Sort of a "house hunters" for nudists.

Not sure if it will be a regular show. Seems like they aired the first 2 and will see what the response is. Not a bad depiction of the nudist lifestyle. Wasn't over the top silly. presents nudists as "alternative" but we are...made a few silly remarks here and there, but all in all not too bad.

A major network with a show about nudists..not bad. Who's seen it? thoughts?

Edited by - allnaturalwife on 11/21/2013 4:16:44 PM

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  4:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't seen it, but I will look for it. Frankly, I don't have great hopes for the show. Basic cable has more channels with less content than ever before. There's so much pointless rubbish like "Honey Boo-Boo", or unedifying infomercials like "I Hate My Butt!" The concept behind "Buying Naked" seems pretty thin, but I suppose any remotely positive depiction of nudists is a good thing.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  5:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again..Its not award winning tv by any stretch. But I was just happy to see the nudist lifestyle depicted in a "reasonable way" instead of some freakish way.. or over the top weird way to live. Give it a try, tell me what you think.

J

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  5:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched it. Its good to see nude as a lifestyle being portrayed as ordinary people doing ordinary things like buying homes, walking the dog, etc. They even showed bare behinds, although they placed objects carefully in front views to block parts. I hope it has many episodes.

I guessed it was Florida.

The producers made a big deal of "sit on a towel" which the couple did when sitting in someone else's home they were looking at. However, later on I noticed that the nude couple were just sitting around bare on their couch like anyone else when it wasn't being mentioned. They also had several other pretty silly "rules for nudes" like round off your kitchen counter, have more space between stove and island, or don't have the counter top the same height as your genitals. I thought their rules were pretty silly, but they weren't presented as some kind of nutters.

Bob

Naked is green.

Edited by - gnarlyoldman on 11/21/2013 6:02:14 PM

baie rouge nudists
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  8:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will have to look into it. TLC is repeating it Saturday at at 10:00 pm EDT. We'll check it out and give our thoughts. Thanks for the info allnaturalwife.

Jimmie2
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  9:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jimmie2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got the DVR set!

russ2722
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  9:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did anyone else notice the "realtor" seemed pleased to have the "delivery man" and the "poolboy".....who feigned surprise to see the nude couple, as if in a nudist comminity, they never saw nudists???

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  10:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russ2722

did anyone else notice the "realtor" seemed pleased to have the "delivery man" and the "poolboy".....who feigned surprise to see the nude couple, as if in a nudist community, they never saw nudists???

I thought that was rather contrived. How often does a "pool boy" show up while showing a house. How many people have regular pool boys anyhow? Most people buying a $400,000 home these days would be doing their own pool maintenance. And the "pool boy" gawking at the nudies was pretty silly.

Naked is green.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  10:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmm ... I think not! You'd think EVERYONE has a pool service if you seen the many different pool service trucks in our community. The only person I know, that is a neighbor and does his own pool maintenance is the guy across the street but he's come over a couple times asking for the number to our guy. Pool maintenance people come to the houses on their routes everyday, on the same day, every week. I makes no difference whether someone's home or not, whether the home is occupied or not or whether the home is for sale or not. Maybe it's different in FL?

Why would owning or buying a $400,000 house mean you'd have to do your own house maintenance? Does that mean he can't afford the pool service guy? Though I don't watch tv shows that are supposedly some kind of "reality" show, I do know that those I have watched always like to put their spin on the story line and many things aren't reality but contrived. One of the reasons I stopped watching House Hunters and a few others that have been "outted" about the inaccuracies.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 11/22/2013 10:45:02 AM

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  2:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched both episodes. It's set in Pasco county, Florida.
There was a couple of poorly done "surprised" textiles scenes. Not sure if the "nudists rules" were an attempt at humour or, a textile writer trying to think like a nudist.
My step daughter watched some of it. She said after that she didn't realize there were actual nudist communities and, that she thought we nudists were always hidden behind tall fences or on secluded beaches. In that way the program seemed to legitimize nudism a bit for her.
For me it reminded me of how much I'd love to live in a C/O community!

Edited by - steady78 on 11/22/2013 2:26:23 PM

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  6:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I thought that was rather contrived. How often does a "pool boy" show up while showing a house. How many people have regular pool boys anyhow? Most people buying a $400,000 home these days would be doing their own pool maintenance.

Hardly. I lived in Florida for 6 years and I think my next door neighbor and I were the only ones on the street that took care of our own pools and did our own yardwork. Everyone else on the street had pool and lawn services taking care of their pools and lawns. I couldn't believe it. And I lived in an area where houses were over $300,000.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  8:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the DVR set as well. My wife, a non-nudist, loves House Hunters and those kinds of shows...this sounds like a show for both of us :)

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  8:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE enjoyed House Hunters and House Hunters International. It was great to see different towns, cities, countries ... but after a while, those buyers all sounded the same, which to me sounded scripted. It began to bug us when they would say things like ... "I don't like the color of this room." They are spending $500,000 dollars on a home and they can't afford paint!? That's the stuff that got repetitive and old. It was fun til it became annoying.

You've all got my curiosity up ... so I'll see if I can DVR Buying Naked and check it out myself.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2013 :  08:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It began to bug us when they would say things like ... "I don't like the color of this room." They are spending $500,000 dollars on a home and they can't afford paint!? That's the stuff that got repetitive and old.

I know exactly what you mean. I used to laugh at how dumb they were.

Saw the preview clips for this Buying Naked show and just love seeing people just walking down the streets, completely naked. I need to move to a place like that, or at least a vacation home.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2013 :  08:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think we could live "permanently" in a nude community. My wife likes having friends over to visit and they would most likely not come to visit if we lived in a nude environment. On the other hand, I know our kids and grandkids would still come and she's fine with that but she wouldn't want to eliminate her mother, my dad and some close textile friends we've had for over 35 yrs.

We have talked about buying a "weekend" place. It would be a manufactured home and we'd set it up so that it was more a place to entertain out of town/state nudist friends. We would probably go from some textile condo to this place on a regular basis and use the condo as a permanent address and base but spend much more time and longer periods of time at the nude community home. Still looking but can't do anything til we sell this place.

We have friends, met them about 10 years ago. He was on my crew on the FD. His wife stuck out the housing and real estate crash and she's knows quite well that we are nudists. She'll be our agent when we move again and if we go back into a smaller single family dwelling. She's always telling us that she's found the "right" house for us, with lots of privacy!

No one seems to know what you're talking about when you say ... "we want/need privacy!" until you just come out and say ... "we're nudists," or " we don't wear clothes at home, inside or outside." Finally got my landscaper to understand that! haha

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2013 :  1:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with a show like this is it has nowhere to go. After Jackie takes a prospective couple to "that" upscale nudist resort off Land o' Lakes Blvd. and to older resort B where the Dale Mabry Highway and SR 41 merge, it effectively runs out of gas. And the survey says, this home goes for $528,000.

Awhile back there was a reality show about a group of nubie nudists who were to be employed at that same upscale resort. The producers hired the most diverse group of reality show actors one could imagine; a flirty twentysomething blonde to bring in the young male demographic viewer, an almost morbidly obese guy, a wildly effeminate gay and a muscle dude who's biceps were inversely proportional to his penis. They had all bases covered in the wacky world of inclusional TV. The pilot never sold.

Compared to Buy Naked that would have been blockbuster television, almost to the level of M*A*S*H back in the day.

Edited by - CalTom on 11/23/2013 1:03:29 PM

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Possibly Running into Someone You Know Topic Next Topic: Good Morning America  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved