Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 180 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Nude pageant
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Outside your private home in Australia Topic Next Topic: Cyndiann, founder of nudist singles group, banned
Page: of 4

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  1:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selling their souls to pay the piper.Must be better ways to raise some revenue.Have they never heard of a cake stall.

Naturally KIWI

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  6:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Nudkiwi... I think it does more damage to naturism than good. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who hear about such stupidity and decide not to try naturism.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  12:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shameless Plug:

Is the "Nudes A Poppin" event a nudist event? By all dictionary definitions I know of, I would say it is, irrespective of AANR disqualification.

By the proposed definition, it is neither "an ordinary social activity" nor an expression of the "the belief that nudity is natural and preferred."

This event is done primarily for money and that money is paid by men who attend clothed for the most part. Further, the focus is on unnatural, suggestive poses using primarily young women as models.

All of this is out of the ordinary and customary (and would be even if the women were clothed), is antisocial, unnatural and demonstrates an abhorrence for any real belief that nudity is natural and preferred.

With the current form of the proposed definition, this activity would not be a nudist activity under either of the two meanings.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  12:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correct !

This has nothing to do with the naturalist/nudist movement.

It's purely an event to atttract the male vouyer !

Chic

Edited by - chic on 01/11/2004 12:36:16 AM

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is why many of the beauty pageants at resorts/camps have been discontinued. first, discouraged a lot of women who thought all nudists looked like movie stars, and also attracted a lot of the male undesireables.

what you see now is awards being given for service to the camp, and academic achievement by the younger crowd.

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  5:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Royalty Pageants were part of a bygone era... generally abandoned for 15-20 years or more.

"Nudes a Poppin" is not a royalty pageant. It is a stripper-fest.

I agree totally with those who refer to it as a club selling its soul to pay the bills. In my book, it's a step below an Orthodox synagogue holding a ham dinner and a step above the NAACP holding a slave auction.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  03:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudes a poppin gives all nudists a bad name. I haven't been there but have seen the pictures and talked to people who have gone. More than nudity goes on at the padgents, if thats what you want to call them.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  10:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

They don't help our cause at all.

Chic

toosunni
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  08:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Send toosunni an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nudes a popin is defintely not a nudist/naturist event. It's just a cheap and sleazy like 'girls gone wild'

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  08:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with you toosunni.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  09:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the very name, nudes a poppin, gives it's real reason away. It's comes across as a titillating, not nudist, event.

irishred

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  05:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudes A Poppin is a very popular event and draws a big crowd, the wrong type crowd. Just wish people didn't associate it with nudism/naturism.

Kim =^.^=

Edited by - Kimberly on 02/16/2004 05:15:32 AM

Bikeracer
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  6:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O.K., my curiosity got the best of me and I surfed on over to the Ponderosa website. How or why in the world would anyone confuse the pageant with naturism? I'm sure a lot of the winner's have put in a lot of effort, had injections, and cosmetic surgery to have those 'beautiful' bod's. Whatever!?? I'm not on this earth to judge people and I hate to paint a broad stroke, but I have the feeling it wouldn't be very stimulating attempting to have a reasonable discussion with them. That opinion is simply from my life's experience and I would like to be proven wrong on it....Just hasn't happened yet!

Nude in the pacific northwest

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  05:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bikeracer its just an outdoor strip club. People do confuse the Ponderosa with nudism because you can go nude there.

Kim =^.^=

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when I started reading this I had all the things I wanted to say in my head and someone all ready used them! I have never been to one but have seen the HBO version, looked to me like all the "nudist" were professional dancers, I don't think a normal nudist could dance like that, how mant times have you seen a pole on stage at a nudist resort?

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Outside your private home in Australia Topic Next Topic: Cyndiann, founder of nudist singles group, banned  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved