Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 493 ]  [ Total: 493 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 nudist kid
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Weddings Topic Next Topic: Three choices
Page: of 2

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  01:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JCP interesting therory and i have to agree somewhat but weather at home or a nudist camp it would be hard to make a child go nude, sure at home the parents could still go nude and the most the child could say would be yeck, or put some clothes on and if you dragged them along to a nudist camp they would sit in the car or off in a chair watching the clock tick by. the easiest way for a kid to get out of it is when parents divorce , mine did it that way sure they went a few more times but than they would either go to their mothers place or go to the grandparents. there is no easy answer but it's kinda sad that they lose out on that great experience. it would be interesting to see how nudist kids who are now adults felt growing up , i know there are a few in here.

JCP
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  04:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit JCP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Bob,

Thank you for the reply.

As you can probably guess I'm an idealist looking for a world that doesn't exist or does that make me a politician ?

I have experience in only one situation. The child's objections were based on embarrassment so the cause was challenged, a coping staggery put in place and a partial compromise offered. Too soon to see if they walk away later.

Another forum stated Naturist children cope with growing up less inhibited because they see change in others around them. As a sales line it seems a bit naive.

Nudity is a beautiful affirmation of humanity. Clothes have a specific need and function that has nothing to do with modesty because modesty is a twisted moral - the supposed punishment for original sin, the sign to say we have fallen from grace. There's a lovely expression the USA has exported all over the world and it has something to do with the annul waste of boy cows. That's what I believe.

Today's children are living in the shadow of religious dogma and taboo whether they come from a background of faith or not. We've (as in they have the bast') over complicated humanity. In South American Rain Forest culture children run about with nature. When they get to puberty boys get to restrain their tackle to stop it getting in the way of running and hunting. Girls get the means to help them with their monthly cycle. Naturism is impractical in those situations but not immodest.

I suppose I could have just said, if the child has no clothes the choice then becomes do they join in or not. As social beings they would choose to join in. :-)

Going back into my cage now. Over here it's just too bloody cold most of the time and warming up to a discussion doesn't keep the goosebumps away. PLEASE HAND YOUR HYMN BOOKS IN AS YOU LEAVE JCP

"Naturists lent 'Textiles' the world - their shame is they won't give it back"

Edited by - JCP on 06/26/2013 04:46:02 AM

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  05:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As the old saying goes, JCP, (in older days)
"While the sun never sets on the British Empire, it never rises on the British Islands."

It seems a bit of a lottery as to what kind of childhood and parents we had. Some children got lucky, and others did not. I was in the latter category, but I was a sneaky boy who arranged to be nude when possible.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  08:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There were a couple of documentaries; "Growing up nudist" and "Diary of a teenage nudist." The first was about a nudist family living at a resort; the second was about an ex-nudist who had grown up at a resort.
In "Growing up nudist", the oldest of the two sons living at the resort had decided, much to his parents' dismay, to start wearing clothes at the resort sometime during puberty. His younger brother was still happily nude (I think he was 10).
In "Diary of a Teenage nudist", Bianca's Mom and her stepdad took over management of a nudist resort when she was about 5. So Bianca grew up nude on the resort grounds. When puberty started and her curves started appearing, Bianca opted to stop going nude sometime around 13.

These were situations where the kids' parents were always nude around them, other people were always nude around them, and they were quite happy to be nude themselves - up to a certain point. Which points to the fact that even under the best of circumstances - it's not always that easy.
In

JCP
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  09:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit JCP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi and thank you both for your replies.

The sun has long since set on our Empire but we're still helping you build yours

You both reflect what does happen and every reply seems to accept that on this issue children have an adults voice. If Naturism isn't harmful, doesn't represent a dangerous cult but is practiced by decent families with proper values, why is it the value you throw out the window as soon as it comes to your children?

Would you let them get a tattoo, body piercings, a shaved head? Would you let them give up school, sleep with the girl/boy next door? Would you let them disrespect you?

I think working out the route causes of teenage concern and tackling them is better than sitting back and watching Naturism die.

I hear all the time that Naturism is about positive body image; it seems that an adolescent's positive body image isn't worth fighting for. Given concerns about bulimia, anorexia, obesity, addiction to designer labels and the inappropriate sexualisation of adolescents and children isn't it a little ironic that naturist kids are missing the point of Naturism.

There are lots of social pressures teenagers would like to follow but parents don't let them. If Naturism is wholesome and healthy why is it an exception.

This Forum contributes to the problem. Admin has an age specific area for Youths that starts at eighteen! 'youth /yooTH/ Noun The period between childhood and adult age. The state or quality of being young, esp. as associated with vigor, freshness, or immaturity. Synonyms adolescence - juvenility - youngster - lad - young man' An eighteen year old is a young adult; someone who can vote, get married and has a voice equel to any of us. This forum could recognise teenagers and let them tell us what the problem is. A forum is meant to be a place to comunicate. Teens could say things here they wouldn't say to their parents.

I know of a mother who is valiantly promoting Naturism with an adolescent child. Some compromise has been made but Nudity is still an expectation some of the time. It may be that when the child is old enough to live outside the family values they take a different path but at the moment they are living as a member of the family. Addressing the child's reasons brings you to understand that nudity isn't the problem; he's been a naturist all his life. The problem is that his sexual awakening isn't convenient for naturist dogma. It's easier to give up than spend the majority of his testosterone powered day lying down, shrivelling in a pool etc. I wish them both well and hope it all works out

I have a separate Adolescent Boy's Discussion' if you want to reply to that specific example. But it is only one of many reasons the problem exists. http://www.nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6735

The biggest single reason I have come across as far as the USA is concerned is the fear your teachers and public officials have in standing tall. Why should a kid respect the ideals of Naturism when the influential adults hide their light under the bushel and erode it's credibility?

In conclusion. You don't instruct them, you don't inspire them, you don't admit you exist in the public world, you don't address their issues other than in an adult context, you misrepresent their existence through mislabeling but you regret that they loose interest.

Martin Luther King had a dream and it changed the world. He could have thought it wasn't worth the bother.

JCP

Edited by - JCP on 07/11/2013 12:53:49 AM

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  3:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I moved back in with my father 2 years ago, and now I am routinely able to go around thehouse naked. As a child I always wanted to be naked but only did it when home alone. I wonder now at what age if ever growing up my father would have been this willing for me to spend this much time nude around the house. He almost always keeps at least his underwear on, though recently was the fist time that he called me in his room while he was nude to talk to me. Being a home nudist, this was my first time having a conversation with another person while we were both nude.

speedy123
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  10:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see this thread is a bit old, but just came across it and it brought back memories. I think rooftopwilly and I were similar in that we looked for 'nude' opportunities. I remember my mother talking to some folks about a nudist 'camp' (the term then). I had never heard of an organized group, but knew I would like to visit. It took me to adulthood to make my first visit, but that was a LOT of visits ago.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  10:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish my parents talked about a nudist camp. I would have absolutely loved it!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  10:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We lived in TX for a few years. I was 8-11 during that time and we moved each year so making friends was a challenge but not difficult for me. I made friends with a group right after we moved to El Paso and it was Summer. TX summers are quite warm! Surprisingly, this group of kids seemed to take off and explore fields and old abandoned buildings and take their clothes off. Being one of the young ones, I followed suit! I took to it quite easily so maybe if my parents would have allowed nudity at home, I might have jumped right in. At least I'd like to think so!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  11:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Around fifth grade, the kids that I hung out with spent a lot of time in the wooded area near our homes. About 95% of the time we were nude and never thought anything about that. As I grew older and more mobile, better bikes and cars, I found more places to be nude and enjoy it. I spent a lot of time in the Sierra mountains hiking, camping, fishing and just enjoying life nude. Then there came a time when it was not some thing that I could do. Now fast forward to being retired, I am nude as much as I can be and am back to enjoying it. Once the cold weather gets here, that will be limited.

Darkhorse
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2020 :  12:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a kid, I would have LOVED social nudism with my parents! The funny thing is, they would have loved it too, had my mom known what it was really like. She was a country girl who grew up swimming nude, and she allowed indoor nudity within the family anytime.

She wasn't very social though. Other than family and a few close friends, she just didn't interact with people.
(Funny thing is, I later found out that some of her friends were nudists, and they didn't say anything about it).

Needless to say, our kids were raised as nudists, and still are in their 20s.

If God wanted us to be nude, we would be born that way!

Edited by - Darkhorse on 01/14/2020 11:58:58 PM

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2020 :  8:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I brought up a page ago: when I was about 4 and we lived in Germany, my Dad, who then had an interest in nudism, found out about a nude beach and took us there; pretty much without telling us where we were going. My Mom was actually ok being there; but had no interest in getting naked. I was too young to understand what was going on (I was dumbfounded being in the middle of a bunch of naked Germans); and even when my Mom proposed I get naked and join the other kids, I was too shy. I was waiting for her to get naked too and it never happened.
In hindsight, and having figured out the whole "reluctant spouse thing" along the way, my Dad did pretty much everything wrong that day. He hadn't "prepared" my Mom or me, and didn't start at home first. It's a shame because I could have become a nudist way back then instead of nearly two decades later!!

But that wasn't the only "whammy" I was hit with. After I became a nudist in my own right and "came out" to my Mom, she made a nerve wrecking confession. She brought up her best friend from my childhood; who I'd long suspected was a nudist. Well it turned out she'd invited my Mom and I to come spend a week with her at her favorite nudist resort. Then my Mom tells me that she'd actually "strongly" considered it; but turned down the offer at the last minute because she'd realized she wasn't "ready" for me to see her completely naked. I was like "WOW!" Not only could I have become a nudist at 4; but I could have also become a nudist at 15!

But...such is life. The only thing I could do is "vow" to not make the same mistakes with my daughter. I took her to her first nudist resort when she was 3, AFTER I determined with her Mom that she was ready for it. So she didn't have to go through my "bewilderment" at her age; because she'd been nude at home with her Mom and I at that point. And instead of "recoiling" like I did when encourage to go play with the other kids, my daughter joyfully embraced running off to go meet the other nudist children. My daughter will never have to wonder at what age she could have become a nudist: for her it was at 3.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Nude Weddings Topic Next Topic: Three choices  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved