Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 205 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 slipping off your bathing suit at a public beach
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: ludington mich Topic Next Topic: Possibly Running into Someone You Know
Page: of 3

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  8:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone been at a public (non-nude) beach with other bathers around, how did you conceal your being nude to those nearby.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  8:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i ask this because my favorite nude beach (apollo) is so far away. i have done this a few times once at st.simons island beach when the tide went out really far out and i was out on a sandbar and since i aways wear a speedo - hate boardshorts i had sat down on the edge of the sandbar to get some sun and feel the water, well i looked back to the beach and since i was far enough unless someone had binoculars i slipped off my speedo for a hour and sunbathed and not till a family was heading my way did i slip my bathing suit back on.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  8:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have but my wife was with me and was too afraid we'd get caught ... besides, her boobs would show! hahaha

Once we started going to our nude beach, it became difficult to go to any beach and wear a suit. We/I only went to a couple of textile beaches because we preferred the nude beach but when we did ... we parked ourselves away from everyone else and made sure we had a decent distance between us. I had us partially facing opposite ways so I could see who was coming from my end, she saw who was coming from her end and we could see and talk with each other easily. I positioned small umbrellas around us and I slipped outta my shorts.

I sat on two towels, one lengthwise from legs to back and another from arm rest to arm rest, on our beach chairs. When someone would come close enough ... I'd simply wrap the arm rest towel over my lap. Amazingly though ... I think I only had to cover myself a couple of times.

It's doable if you take the necessary precautions and are aware of your surroundings.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

runekkid
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  8:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I want to cover up but really don't care if the people coming know I am naked or not, I will just sit cross-legged on a towel and hold a book (which I am usually actually reading) over my "lap". In this way, I am not actually exposing anything. It is non-confrontational way to let someone know I am nude and sometimes, others will set up their gear nearby and soon be nude as well. I only do this on fairly deserted beaches with a history of nudist activities, such as Johnson's Beach or Navarre. Not sure if this technique would hold up in court.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  06:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Closest I had gone to nude at a non nude beach was in the showering-rinsing off area. It was pretty common for those using them to at times undo their shorts just to rinse out the sand,saltwater etc. So seeing the occasional pubic hairs on both men and women was not suprising, but nudity often was not seen. Usually if your the only person using one of the about 10 outside showerheads myself I would often let my shorts hang down a bit so if anyone did come up they would see full bush with maybe a minimal amount of my genitals but would cover up when noticed someone else was there. But I prefer not to be nude at a non nude beach as I do not want to get arrested.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  11:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have done like Fire with the towel crossways across the arms of the chair. Just set up far away from others and close enough to the water that others would walk behind you. Angie didn't like it cause she couldn't because her boobs would show. hehe

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 02/09/2013 11:56:45 AM

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  12:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple years ago I was at a beach in California. It was not very crowded the day I was there. I walked couple miles south from the parking lot. I didn't see any other naked people but decided to take my shorts off and go naked anyway. For the next couple hours I wandered about enjoying the sand and sun. Finally I walked naked back to the parking lot and stopped to take a shower at the bath house naked. Nobody made any negative or positive comments. Nobody seemed to pay much attention.

Bob Knows.

baie rouge nudists
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  7:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like Sailaway Bob, I also prefer the speedo brief. Still don't understand why people make fun when it is worn. I walk off the beaten path on a slow beach day and pull it off. See other people do the same. Walk back to my towel after a nude swim. The only ones who see are the textile walkers. Never really been hassled. Pehaps a new thread should open about the men's bathing brief. My wife loves it as do most people in Europe wear it. Why so frowned upon here? Love to hear both men and women weigh in on it. After all, it's the closest thing to being nude when you have to cover up when leaving the nude beach to take a walk.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  8:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I own two pairs of thong underwear. One ... my wife gave me as a gag gift and another that I bought after our nude beach was targeted for nudity. I asked a ranger if wearing a thong was permissible and he stated that as long as he didn't see my genitals and anus ... he didn't care. I visited our beach a few times after they started citing nudists. I tried to keep from going onto the marine base portion of the beach and would sit naked in my chair but if I had to get up to go in the water, to water a bush or walk to the trash can ... I slipped on the thong. I then realized why I didn't wear them ... not comfortable so ... I kept a sarong/pareo with me and tied that on and wore that during those times. After a few visits to the beach and doing this routine ... we decided to follow suit and go onto the marine base property where all the other nudists had gone.

We miss going to the nude beach. The only other one nearby is quite the hike to get to. I'm gonna try and go and check it out to see if my wife would be willing to make the trek. If not ... I'll have to go back to doing the routine with the umbrellas and sarong ... doesn't help my wife though.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

cony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  07:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I leave the naturist beach I sometimes get to I will walk au naturel until I start seeing the first textiles somewhere in the region of the path up the cliff side and then I only wear a towel sarong style until I reach the car in the car park. After that it's driving au naturel (on a towel of course) until I get home, about two hours later!

Cony

n/a
deleted

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  07:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cony

When I leave the naturist beach I sometimes get to I will walk au naturel until I start seeing the first textiles somewhere in the region of the path up the cliff side and then I only wear a towel sarong style until I reach the car in the car park. After that it's driving au naturel (on a towel of course) until I get home, about two hours later!

Cony

There is a nude beach near me that has a similar long trail to get down to it, almost half a mile and there is a safe chance beyond the last sign pointing to where it is, there are people walking nude down the trail but its often the last like 100 yards risk is too high being caught by non nudists.

MichiganMan
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  11:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely. I just make sure to do it when I'm in sufficiently deep enough water to cover that from anyone who might be nearby.

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  07:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use a nylon windscreen that we bought online. It's about 16' long and 30" high.

Jimmie2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  07:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jimmie2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MichiganMan

I just make sure to do it when I'm in sufficiently deep enough water to cover that from anyone who might be nearby.

This is exactly what I do WHEN I do go to the beach and get in the water. Mrs Jimmie has a fit, but I have a good time floating around naked in my chair float.

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  8:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lived on the beach a few years back and would surf, swim and sunbath nude when the circumstances were ok. I still occasionally will sit in a chair with towel draped over the arms or on the back of the p/u where no one could see that I was nude. When the coast was clear, I would venture down to the water for a dip.
If no one expects you to be nude, then you can get by with discretion.
McFadden Beach is a traditional nude beach that has been under surveillance by the authorities. It is best to keep your genitals covered, or else face possible citation. I found that those sport socks work well to slip on when necessary, otherwise they make a great beer koozie. Thongs just seem awkward to me. I have been know to walk down the beach with a bandana tied around my arm or leg, then use it for cover if threatened.

Bare Safely,
Safebare

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2014 :  11:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like some others here, once in the water, away from other swimmers and it is not too crowded, I'll slip off the bathing suit. My wife will hold on to it and keep an eye out for anyone coming our way. We've gotten pretty good at her holding the suit and I float into them with both feet fairly quickly and then pull them up.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: ludington mich Topic Next Topic: Possibly Running into Someone You Know  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved