Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 219 ]  [ Total: 219 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Having to apologise for a late night skinny dip?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: smokers/drinkers? Topic Next Topic: National Geographic program discussed nudism
Page: of 2

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  11:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"After dinner I followed some Members of Congress in a spontaneous and very brief dive into the sea and regrettably I jumped into the water without a swimsuit,” Yoder said in a statement to POLITICO. “It is my greatest honor to represent the people of Kansas in Congress and [for] any embarrassment I have caused for my colleagues and constituents, I apologize.”

Good to know the FBI was using our tax dollars to keep tabs on this outrageous behavior. Sheesh!

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79865.html#ixzz246Fat94X

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  10:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder how this guy would vote on nudist issues. Hard to imagine a Kansas Republican (except maybe Bob Dole) voting to allow, say, nudity on designated portions of National Seashores, but maybe his skinny-dip will open his mind.

cony
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  07:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I swam 'au naturel' in the Sea of Galilee, do I have to apologise

Forget it, I had a great time

Cony

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  10:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It would be the height of hypocrisy for him to later vote against nudists, but politicians of both parties are no strangers to that kind of behavior.

But I'm just as ticked off by the fact that we pay the FBI to follow drunk congressmen around the world. Aren't there other things they could be doing? Maybe anti-terror related?

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  8:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was discussing this with someone earlier, and I said it was no big deal. They said it was an issue because he was on the state's dime. I don't see it that way though, since even when you're on a state sponsored trip, you still have some personal time for yourself. Just making a mountain out of a mole hill. Hell, this shouldn't even qualify as a mole hill.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  02:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
let see some of our founding fathers were skinnydippers, lbj did jfk did but did it with someone other than his wife, it's no big deal and i'm sure there are as many conservative skinnydippers and nudist as liberals. if you really want to talk about freedom of choice choose a libertarian !

Jimmie2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  06:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jimmie2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This was Letterman the other night...

Top Ten Congressman Kevin Yoder Excuses
10."What's the big deal, I was naked the whole trip"

9."It was spring break; chill out"

8."People in the Middle East are pretty easygoing about nudity"

7."In my defense, I had been drinking heavily"

6."Trying to take the focus off Mitt Romney's taxes"

5."It had been days since a congressman did something embarrassing"

4."It's Obama's fault"

3."Putting the 'junk' in 'congressional junket'"

2."I can't swim naked, but Barney Frank can walk around like this?"

1."That's how we party in Kansas"

cony
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  07:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To add to my previous reply
quote:

I swam 'au naturel' in the Sea of Galilee, do I have to apologise

Forget it, I had a great time

Cony

We were a mixed group of about 30 - 40 people and the FBI were not there .

We stayed on the beach for the whole night.

Cony

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  11:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I misread that. The FBI were not there but they were called in to "probe" the incident. Probably didn't take more than $100K to do that. Anyway, sounds like a fun time, but it's a shame more people didn't join in the spirit of the event.

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  11:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Politics...designed to make mountains out of mole hills on things that really don't matter. All while ignoring what the politicians SHOULD be doing...

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

lettuceman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  5:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An excellent point.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  5:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still fully support the concept and idea that all bodies of water where you are able to swim in after 9pm should be legal for skinnydipping.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2012 :  03:08:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There should be a law that states congresscritters must parade nude before the taxpayers of this country. Otherwise, there'd be too many cover-ups.

I don't see the big deal about skinnydipping anywhere that does not offend people nearby you. Must have been a slow day in the news.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  11:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Obama regime (including FBI and media) is trying desperately to talk about anything but the dismal economy, high unemployment, and looming huge tax increases already passed into law.

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  5:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Knows

The Obama regime (including FBI and media) is trying desperately to talk about anything but the dismal economy, high unemployment, and looming huge tax increases already passed into law.

Some republicans went skinny dipping while drunk in an inappropriate location while representing our nation abroad. They were admonished by some other republican leaders, and that is also Obama's fault. Really? Thanks for clearing that up.

Being Naked and Being Real

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  7:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blavan

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Knows

Some republicans went skinny dipping while drunk in an inappropriate location while representing our nation abroad. They were admonished by some other republican leaders, and that is also Obama's fault. Really? Thanks for clearing that up.

Being Naked and Being Real

LOL !!! Ya blavan , that statement seemed like a stretch to me too!!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: smokers/drinkers? Topic Next Topic: National Geographic program discussed nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 4.05 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved