Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 244 ]  [ Total: 244 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Wilderness Destinations and Trip Reports
 Nude Hiking in New Jersey
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Camping in the Sierras Topic Next Topic: Where to go hiking nude in desert  

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  2:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all! I am an experienced hiker from New Jersey, about 10 minutes from Gunnison Beach. I have been hiking many times, but they were always clothed hikes on popular trails. My girlfriend and I are interested in going nude hiking, but we do not know where to go. We don't belong to a club at all either, because neither of us were raised in nudist families. Does anyone know about any hiking trails in New Jersey where we could hike nude? Any suggestions and tips are appreciated; Thank you!

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  08:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carlover,
I'm not from NJ (but envy you for living so close to Gunnison), so I'm not familier with any hiking areas nearby. Although I'm sure that some areas could be secluded enough to hike nude...I wouldn't want to take the chance of getting caught. You don't have to be a member of a club or resort to attend, as many have open houses once or twice a year or host events like a Bull Roast where they open it up to non-members too. Many have enough acreage to have some hiking trails and you don't have to worry about getting caught, so you can relax and enjoy the experience.

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  09:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm... I didn't know that. I'll have to check some out then.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  2:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to the AANR site (http://www.aanr.com/) to search for what clubs/resorts may be close to you. Then you can go to the resorts web site to check out what they offer and when they may have an open house...or contact them to set up a first visit (which is usually free).

Edited by - free2be on 04/02/2012 2:15:35 PM

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  9:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just an update: I found a rather unknown state park in northern New Jersey called Alamuchy Mountain State Park to try nude hiking at. I read a couple of reviews on other sites that said that some people went hiking in the middle of the week in the northern part of the park and didn't see anyone else. So, my girlfriend and I have decided to go there next week if the weather is nice enough. Hopefully it will be. We'll probably hike it clothed for a little bit at first just to see how secluded it really is and, based on that and how good the weather is, the clothes come off! Can't wait for that.

Edited by - Carlover227 on 05/14/2012 12:36:54 PM

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  1:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We did it! We went on our nude hike! That's the only good thing that happened though, except for the fact that the park was beautiful and was deffinately sucluded enough to hike nude, as long as you do it during the week. The sad thing, though that the only thing that DIDN'T go wrong was the car breaking down. Thank God that didn't happen, because everything else that could've gone wrong, did.

It all started on the drive up, early Friday morning. What was supposed to take about an hour and 20 minutes took us about two hours or so to drive to because we got lost. It was not easy to find this place. When we did find it though, things went well for a while. We hiked in for about 20 or 30 minutes or so, then the clothes came off. We thought ahead and we each took an old t-shirt, cut it and taped it around our backpack straps so that the straps wouldn't irritate our skin. We were able to hike nude for about 3 hours or so, untill my girlfriend decided to put her shirt on, and then her shorts on about 30 minutes later because temperature was just warm enough to go nude, but it was windy, which made it rather chilly. But otherwise, we agreed that hikeing nude is something we are DEFFINATELY doing again. I stayed nude for almost the whole time we were there hiking, which took us a lot longer then expected. We passed only a few people, but we didn't scramble for clothes. Rather, we simply said "hi, there." We passed a group of three mountain bikers after my girlfriend put her clothes back on because it was chilly while I was still nude. One jokingly said "Hey! A naked guy!" The other bikers said "it's ok, we see it all the time."

It was shortly after this, though, that the problems really began. We realized that I had accidently dropped my compass, and the sign at the trail head, or heads, since there were numerous trails that all started in the same place and had many different forks along them, did have a trail map on it, but none that you could take with you on the trail. So, my girlfriend and I got lost on the trail without a compass or a trail map. We ended up wandering around the trails for over 3 hours or so after we passed the bikers, so it was about six hours all together.

We FINALLY found the parking lot, did a quick tick check, and decided we might as well stop somewhere for dinner at this point. Yes, I was clothed by now. After stopping at a bank to get some money, we found a local pizza place on my GPS that we could stop at. Starving, exausted, sore, and a little sweaty from our awful hike, My GPS took us to where the pizza place wasn't. Now frustrated, We had seen another pizza place that we passed a little while back that we decided go to instead. We ended up on the freeway, could'nt turn around, FINALLY stopped at an Applebee's for dinner. After this, and 6 or 7 wrong turns and another 3 hours later, we finally made it home at about 10pm EST. We were supposed to be home sometime in the late afternoon easrly evening. It was quite an adventure that we somehow survived both physically and as a couple. The word of the day was ow.

I just had to share this "wonderful" experience to you guys. We are absolutely going to hike nude again sometime very soon. Moral of the story: Never hike without a trail map.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  7:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great story Carlover...thanks for sharing.

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  2:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem, next time will be better.

Previous Topic: Nude Camping in the Sierras Topic Next Topic: Where to go hiking nude in desert  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.13 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved