Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 425 ]  [ Total: 425 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Hey, is there a club or nudist resort in ...?
 Saugatuck Mi. Oval Beach
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Saugatuck Topic Next Topic: Nude Beach close to toronto
Page: of 2

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  7:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone going to Oval beach tomorrow?

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  06:51:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See you all at the beach, we will be on the beach and in the dunes, (if it's not too hot!)
Walk north from Oval Beach between there and the pier....

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  11:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The north side is good too. North of the pier, Go to the Felt Mansion and park in the township lot and walk about 20 mins. thru the dunes to the beach.

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  10:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will have to try it! Are they safe?

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  08:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, I've never had or seen a problem there. Everyone is very discreet. Saturday and Sunday is best!

djbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  01:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heya purenudist :) It's been about 2 years since I've been to the clothing-optional area north of Oval Beach, but I'm wanting to go again this season! Is it still open, and is the private property area fenced off or restricted do you know? The last time you were there did you see (m)any other naked people? In case anyone else is curious, here's a map of the "nude beach" area that I've always been going to for years and years: http://oi55.tinypic.com/mcdj5c.jpg - I really do hope it's still around!

oxybelis
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  4:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I attempted to go to Oval Beach the weekend before your post, djbetter, and the parking lot attendant said that at some point since I was last there in 9/06, the private property where you used to pay to walk to the nude dunes area has been purchased - I think by her same company that charges $6.00 to park there, so she said there is no more nudity permitted there and if you try it you'll risk being ticketed.

djbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  02:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oxybelis

I attempted to go to Oval Beach the weekend before your post, djbetter, and the parking lot attendant said that at some point since I was last there in 9/06, the private property where you used to pay to walk to the nude dunes area has been purchased - I think by her same company that charges $6.00 to park there, so she said there is no more nudity permitted there and if you try it you'll risk being ticketed.

Yeah, now that the stupid nature conservatory owns the plot of land, things have taken a turn for the worse in terms of them allowing nudity in the dunes behind the beach - I never thought I'd actually side with the billionaire developer who used to own the land! haha :p A few days ago I emailed the old caretaker of the property back when it was owned by Aubrey McClendon (who's a conservative homophobe, but kinda turned a "blind eye" to the whole nude beach history) asking him if the clothing-optional area north of Oval Beach was still alive & kicking. He emailed me back with this sad news: "...unfortunately it is not open. It is now called The Saugatuck Harbor Natural Area, and they don't allow people to even go back into the dunes. On occasional visits to the Oval I still see a handful of old customers on the beach, all lamenting the loss of the good old days. Sorry for the bad news." Just to kinda play devil's advocate, I asked him if people ever go back there anyway, like sneak around the fence or whatever, and his reply was: "...yes they have patrols, but no fences - pretty much everyone feels it is just not worth the chance, so no one is back there." I wonder, what would happen if you're caught back there - probably just a small fine right? What's the worst that could happen?

Edited by - djbetter on 08/31/2011 02:33:31 AM

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  10:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some signs just north of the the Oval beach stating "next 500' walk on the edge of the water - private". Ok, no problem. So go just beyond the signs.
I've been there quite a bit this summer and sit/lay just up in where the dune grass starts with no problem at all. There are about 5 paths going up in the dunes and I've never seen anyone other than other nudists, etc. Come on out and enjoy while the weather is still warm!

djbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  11:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by purenudist

There are some signs just north of the the Oval beach stating "next 500' walk on the edge of the water - private". Ok, no problem. So go just beyond the signs.
I've been there quite a bit this summer and sit/lay just up in where the dune grass starts with no problem at all. There are about 5 paths going up in the dunes and I've never seen anyone other than other nudists, etc. Come on out and enjoy while the weather is still warm!

That's interesting to hear! How many other people have you seen back there? Like just a copule, or like a whole ton (dozens?) like back in the day?

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  10:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say, mostly guys, between noon and 4, I would say about 10-15 walking around. A few nude, mostly with suits on. Very few couples and females.

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  11:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saturday and Sunday, might be the last nice days of the year, see ya at Oval Beach...

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  09:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great weather for all us nudists this week at Saugatuck beach... just north of Oval beach, between there and the pier.. See ya there.

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  3:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming that the "historic" nude beach area is still off limits? Never did try it, but would have liked to. What about the beach park (State or Federal?) on the north side of the river? hiking from the lot near the mansion, then is there an nude area(not that it is legal)? If it is done, is it good for hetero couples and/or families? I am not prejudice by any means, but like to go somewhere that it is comfortable for everyone there. How often is the area checked by rangers or the police? That makes a difference too---unfortunately!

loving life as naked as possible!

Edited by - Bejammin on 04/17/2012 3:50:35 PM

purenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  11:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "historic" area is still there, nothing has changed except owners. No longer do you have to pay to go past the shoreline. A conservation group bought it, so its all free.
There is not designated nudist area. Everyone can wander by, but no one bothers you and I've never seen any authority figures. Just be discreet. The area north of the pier you are referring to is state park land, no designated area there either. And yes they patrol the beach sometimes there. The best place to be naked is on the south side, north of oval beach just past the 500' signs, which they haven't taken down yet. See you there!

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  10:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whenever I drive the northernmost parts of Michigan along the great lakes I see tons of places where it seems you could park and once at the sand get nude and if someone comes along and is offender will wait hours for law enforcement to arrive. Have I tried it no because every time we travel those areas my elderly aunt is with us and I think - no I know she would be overwhelmed. Someday I hope to take a camper back up there and explored for a few weeks to prove my theory to myself.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Saugatuck Topic Next Topic: Nude Beach close to toronto  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved