Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nude Yoga
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Birthday in my birth-day suit Topic Next Topic: Philippines skinnydippers
Page: of 2

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  7:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are looking for a legit co-ed nude yoga class. In my search of the net, I have discovered that the vast majority of nude yoga is geared toward gay men and/or seems a little shady. I have found several legit yoga studios that do offer nude yoga classes, just none in or near the southern CA area where we live. If anyone has any info on any let me/us know.

PS I am looking for something legit here.

Jenn

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  8:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i see the same down here in the south all seem to be gay oriented but i see no co-ed and most are textile. i wonder if any resorts have nude yoga classes.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  10:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never looked into it, but the only times I've ever seen ads for it, it has also been for gay men.

prairieflya
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  09:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We attended a nude coed yoga class at Sunsport Gardens in Florida. If I remember correctly it was offered once a week by a "snowbird" member there. We really enjoyed the experience. The instructor's nudity made it so much easier to understand where we were going with the poses as it you could observe the muscle groups and flow so clearly.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  2:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunspot Gardens is just a bit far for us to travel once a week :) If anyone has any CA leads on it that would be great!:)

Jenn

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  04:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

Sunspot Gardens is just a bit far for us to travel once a week :) If anyone has any CA leads on it that would be great!:)

Jenn

This may be far away, but there is a nude yoga class in S.F. I'm trying to remember what its name is. It's a co-ed class, by the way.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

James Madison

Edited by - Warmskin on 11/05/2010 04:55:00 AM

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  5:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you find out any info on the class. Our oldest daughter and her husband live in SF..we go up there often.

Jenn

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  09:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There was a guy who used to do yoga constantly at our local nude beach. Not saying this applies to anyone here, but my wife and I got very tired of looking at his butt ;-).

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  02:33:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

If you find out any info on the class. Our oldest daughter and her husband live in SF..we go up there often. Jenn

Hi Jenn,

The place is One Taste Urban Retreat Center, in San Francisco, on Folsom Street. They have all sorts of activities there, and they focus on sexuality education. However, the yoga is quite non-sexual.

I checked their website just this moment, but I didn't see the nude yoga on their calendar. I've never been to their facility, myself, so I don't know if they still have it. I guess you could google them and call them. I'm not sure if I should put out their phone number on the forum, but their website has contact information.

For what it might be worth to you, Jenn.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

James Madison

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  7:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenn...

I was at the club last month and they were conducting a yoga class in Piper Hall. It appeared as though everyone in the class was dressed in "yogawear" but...

...seems if someone is coming to the club and conducting classes and they know it's a nudist club, don't you think this yoga instructor would be open to conducting a nude co-ed class?

nudewithfriends
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  02:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenn -

Good luck on your search...and keep me posted if you find something. I have been looking for quite sometime for coed nude yoga, and I have found nothing that fits the bill.

There are a lot of hotnudeyoga places (LA, NY, Dallas) that cater to gay men. There is the place in San Fran that has already been mentioned (One Retreat), and many of the classes are sexuality oriented. However, they are not advertising the yoga any longer (so as not to attract the wrong element). I recommend that you (or your daughter) call.

Anyway, good luck again. Hopefully I'll be back in SoCal soon!

J

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  5:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. We'll check out the place in SF. Seems as though the rest of you have found the same things I have.

Prof. I have seen the ads at the club as well. But I think "she" only offers the classes weekday mornings which is not conducive to our schedule. ( Plus, as you mentioned, I'm sure everyone is clothed as you know many "trend" towards at "our club" in the first place)

Jenn

scale99
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  10:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been looking for a clothing optional coed class in my area. I found one studio that offers a nude class for women once a month, no guys allowed. I posted an add looking for an instructor, I found 2 willing to lead a class. Now I have to find a venue.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  5:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
scale99 --Are you in the southern ca area?

Jenn

Smoothie0

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  8:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll try to bring this subject back to life.
I went to my first nude yoga today, in fact it was my first yoga ever.
I really enjoyed it, although it did kick my ass a bit but thats not surprising for a 53 year old that doesn't exercise. It was a room full of guys and very pleasant. I will be going back.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  9:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jenn,
You still interested in this? I found that the SCNA (Southern California Naturist Assoc.) has nude yoga classes. Here's the link to their schedule.

http://www.socalnaturist.org/calendar/yoga.html

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Birthday in my birth-day suit Topic Next Topic: Philippines skinnydippers  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 3.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved