Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 490 ]  [ Total: 491 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  10:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in the Navy when I first heard about national organizations of naturists. I met a guy from Colorado. Kind of a Rocky Mountain Loady guy. He saw me get out of my bunk on board ship one morning wearing only a grumpy look cuz I had to go stand my watch and nothing else. He said he had wished he had the nerve to sleep nude also, but was afraid of jokes, laughter, etc. I told him I really didn't much care what others thought. He then asked if I were a nudist. I replied, I guess...and the conversation grew from there. He said that friends back home belonged to nudist organization and visited "colonies"...I know, dating myself here. I began researching and the rest if history.

We are now members of several organizations and a beach club.

Terry Trant

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  06:08:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first heard about nudism in the early 1990s when I read a story in an old magazine about - - Resort in Central Florida. I did not know that nudism even existed before I read about - -. I could not believe what I was reading, a place where the people were completely naked. It sounded like something that would be a lot of fun. I knew that I would love to try it just one time and see what it would be like. I called the resort and asked them about it. I liked what they told me so I planned a trip. When I got to - - I had never seen anything like it before, there were naked people everywhere I turned. I am proud to say that there was about to be one more naked person there. I was given a tour of the place. I then paid my grounds fee and went to the car and took my clothes off. It was so comfortable and relaxing to walk around nude. Everybody was so nice to me. I knew that one time was not going to be enough for me. I talked to some people there that told me what nudism was all about, that it was a lifestyle that could be practiced at home. They told me where I could get information on nudism. I knew that I wanted to be a part of that lifestyle. Becoming a nudist is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. I have had a lot of fun in the last 11 years. I hate to wear clothes now. I was 31 years old when I became a nudist in 1992. The only thing I regret is not knowing about nudism at a much younger age.

Terry

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  07:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the boards, Terry! I think you'll find many people here with similar experiences.

As for me, I first learned about nudism through google. Having some issues this summer, I typed "body acceptance" into the search engine. What came up was a plethora of nudist sites. Now, being a moral person there was NO WAY I was going to click on one of 'those' sites. Yet I was intrigued. A day later I went back in and decided to click on a site, just to quench my curiosity and affirm my initial beliefs that nudism was wrong. Nudism wasn't wrong- I WAS! (Don't quote me on that- I'll never again admit that I was wrong LOL) Looking through the literature, it seemed that this might be just what I was looking for. But I wasn't yet ready to try it. One site that had good information also had message boards. So I signed up for a screen name and asked a bunch of quetsions. I was overwhelmed by the positive responses, especially that no one made fun of me for my questions. So I tried nudism at home. It was definitely one of the hardest things I'd ever done. Initially, I hated it because I felt so vulnerable. But I continued and I met people who were really supportive. I've been blessed to know people like Cheri, who is mom to me now, and Cheef Dan, who has helped connect me and has been a great friend. The rest, they say, is history. I've tried social nudism and found that I love the people and the events. Nudists and nudism are WONDERFUL!

Melissa

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  11:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think I've pretty well always known about nudism as a concept... I remember it being covered occasionally in the media since I was young. (I was an avid newspaper reader & TV news watcher even as an elementary school student.) Also, I grew up in a nude-friendly family. Although we weren't necessarily nude around the house most of the time, we never worried about things like walking nude to and from the bathroom, or laying around nude while drying off after a shower. Plus, I was the classic child who went outdoors without a diaper on and would do things like going for nude hikes through the farm fields and woods where I grew up. We also had gender-segregated skinnydipping at church camp.

As far as making contact with nudist groups and philosophy in a more meaningful way (so that I would come to identify myself as a nudist), that came when I was on vacation and had an opportunity to go to Orient Beach in St Martin. I had a great experience. I picked up a copy of The World Guide to Nude Beaches & Recreation at the Club Orient store, and used that to contact local groups near my home. The rest is history.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

Terry Trant

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  3:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Melissa. You are right. Nudists and nudism are WONDERFUL! Nudism is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me.

Terry

trucker
Forum Member

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  11:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see trucker's MSN Messenger address  Send trucker a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
for me it started on a very hot summer night,,i was roasting alive inside the house,, so i went out in my backyard,,i have a 8 foot private fence up,, no one can see in,,so i thought what the heck,,who will know but my wife at the time,,worse thing that could happen was she would get upset,, i woke up in the morning to find my wife beside me nude as well,,been doing it ever since,,my wife now owns the house so i do it now all the time in my apartment,,weather premiting i'm at the local nude beach.

smile it makes people wonder about ya

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2003 :  06:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My experience was much like Cheef's... Nudity was never an issue around our house, although my family weren't naturists. I used to sit around the pool nude whenever the family wasn't home. Then a group of mates dared me to go to a nude beach, i was comfortable with the concept so I did it and loved... The rest is history.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2003 :  11:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never heard about nudism until AFTER I tried it. I was vacationing at Club Med/Martinque. The first two days were spent on the beach sitting in a soggy swimsuit and being chafed by sand. I signed up for a day boat trip and picnic at a beach on an island away from the resort. As we were leaving, I discovered that the excursion was to an island with a nude beach! I decided to go anyway, thinking no way was anybody getting me out of my suit. I stood firm and, in fact, was the last person to give in and shed my swimsuit - I was the last one to get dressed to return to the resort.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2003 :  11:25:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

Oh thats a thought... I can't imagine you in a bathing suit.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  4:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri;

Aren't you glad you don't wear a bathing suit anymore? Notice how much the little flimsy suits are going for?

Kim =^.^=

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  5:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheri in a bathing suit IS a funny thought! LOL How unnatural!

Melissa

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  08:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kim,

Good question... How much does a swimsuit cost? Hmmmm... Probably a stupid question to be asking this forum! ;-)

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  5:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spontanudity,

I had to buy a new one a few weeks ago and it cost $60 in American dollars- way too much money, in my opinion. Especially since I'd rather swim nude.

Melissa

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  07:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You HAD to buy one? Sounds like it was required for school? Eck... I can't imagine swimming in a horrible suit. I'm guessing its even worse for women having to cover up the top half as well?

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  7:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had to buy one because my old suit was too big and the Y I swim at requires a suit. Dumb rule, but I have to obey the authority. I think it is harder for women because it's like wearing a straightjacket. Though I'd never thought of a bathing suit as horrible before becoming a nudist. LOL

Melissa

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved