Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 443 ]  [ Total: 443 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 New to nudism? Beginners post your questions here.
 Airborne Gawkers
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude run Topic Next Topic: Yet another newibe asking questions.
Page: of 4

tsunami
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  04:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at Solair in CT this past weekend and noticed several low flying general aviation aircraft circling the resort obviously gawking. I work in the aviation field and know the FAR altitude requirements for visual flight. I felt that these pilots were nothing but gawkers and felt uncomfortable and like I was on display. This is my first year as a nudist and was wondering if this is an issue at resorts and beaches and how nudist handle it.

The resort is really out in the country and the closest airport was over 5 miles away so low altitude visual flight wasnt necessary over the resort. And they were very low and circling the facility.

Has anyone every encountered this and how do you feel about it or handle it?

Laurie

Toothpick
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  8:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny I should come across this post.

That happened to me at a C/O beach near Port Burwell, couple weeks ago. Although the plane was flying low, It was flying in a straight line towards the west side of the beach and I don't recall any airports nearby. Being a guy, it didn't bother me too much. But really, it seems immature act to try and see a fleeting glimpse of nudists.

Edited by - Toothpick on 09/10/2010 8:33:45 PM

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  9:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ignore the emotionally immature, Toronto's clothes optional beach sits next to City center airport, hundreds of small and large planes fly over it daily and most careless who see's, some wave.

go n nude

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  10:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If they are that far from the Airport, report them to the Federalies! I believe that aircraft have a minimum 1000 feet AGL. (above ground level), except for when landing or taking off!

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  11:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd suggest that everyone who is concerned about being seen by some jerk in an aircraft take a deep breath and relax. How much do you think a moron whizzing around in an airplane a few hundred feet above the ground is going to see while ogling naturists below? My concern would be that he might not focus enough attention on control of his aircraft and fly it into the ground. Surely we have more important things to worry about.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  03:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I would not give a hoot either , except that there is a reason for this Air Regulation..... and, the excessive noise.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Years ago when we first started skinny dipping and sunning out in our backyard, we use to run for cover when we heard a plane. LOL

That is till we figured out what Bill said, how much can they really see from up there. They may or may not even be able to tell if your nude.

Diger

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  1:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Total wingspan of a cessna 150 is about 24 feet. At 1000 AGL (above ground level), this plane looks small. Small enough, that I have trouble realizing that 2 people sit side by side in these, yet I used to fly them!

One wing is a little over 10 feet. If you are about 6 feet, they really can't see much.

sunhippy

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  10:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is pretty funny - the beach that I go to is quite popular for fly overs. It seems that every time I am there at least one plane does the low flyover. Recently I visited a remote resort that is quite off of the beaten path and there was a fly-over there. I agree with what the others have said that there is not much that can be seen from up there and it is pretty childish and probably a bit expensive to gawk at us sky clad people.

SandC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  10:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An airplane must maintain 1000' above ground level within a congested area, 500' in a sparsely populated are. Except of course for taking off and landing.

Now, having flown over nudists in the past I can tell you you can't even distinguish male and female much less specific body parts. Nothing to worry about. If they get low enough that you can see their N number, you should probably call the FAA.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  11:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been to resorts that have been buzzed by private airplanes and military helicopters usually everyone waves, i always figured the coordinates were posted at the airfields of all nudist resorts in the area. the planes probably saw little the helicopters were pretty low and could probably see a lot of nude people.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  12:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
While on the beach at Apollo and Playalinda we have seen a NASA helicopter patrol the shoreline usually before a launch. They are very low at around 100-150 ft with a guy sitting in the door. We always wave but he never waves back.

Diger

Pat
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  10:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have waved at the Coast Guard helicopter on South Padre Island many times & every now & then they wave back. They are looking for drug dealers & other illegals not nude old guy's like me.

Pat

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  1:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by free2tannude

Total wingspan of a cessna 150 is about 24 feet. At 1000 AGL (above ground level), this plane looks small. Small enough, that I have trouble realizing that 2 people sit side by side in these, yet I used to fly them!

One wing is a little over 10 feet. If you are about 6 feet, they really can't see much.

Wingspan is actually 33"4' on a 150 & 152. Interior is 36" wide which really is NOT a lot of room side by side (LOL). I prefer solo and I am not a big guy.

tsunami
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  7:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think its gawking and immature. True they probably cannot see parts and even tell gender at 300ft. But it still irks me and I feel like I am on display to the clothed public. I have seen military helos flying over Solair and it doesnt bother me. But general aviation flying circles low over a private resort is a nuisance. I like the privacy of secluded and private nudist resorts. I wonder how that pilot would feel if someone was flying circles low over their home watching what they were doing....

Laurie

prairieflya
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  10:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our club is located on the edge of the class D airspace of the nearest airport. We get aircraft flying over fairly frequently, but it is almost impossible to tell what the intent of the pilot is..short of circling the grounds at low altitude, which I have never witnessed.

As I a pilot myself, I know that there is just too much going on in flying a plane at low altitude to be paying attention to a person or persons on the ground. The only potential gawkers I'd be concerned with would be passengers in the plane...not that this would necessarily make anybody feel better about being circled

A few years back, I flew a "mission" to photograph our club grounds, with the intention of having a photo to post in the club house. It was winter, which is a good time to get aerial photos because of the air quality and the leaves being off the trees. There was also snow on the ground.

It wasn't till I had printed and posted the picture that one of our members told me he was in it....he'd been in the hot tub, and had stepped out of the door of the enclosure to see why this plane was circling the grounds! If you look very closely at the picture, you can see a tiny tan blip at the door....4 or 5 pixels. Completely unrecognizable as a human, except that my friend knew where he was when the picture was snapped!

As far as myself in the plane, I did not see him there at all....

I stopped worrying about planes flying over after that...life is too short, I'm out to enjoy a little sunshine, I'm within my legal rights to be naked where I am ... and just maybe, the pilot is a nudist, too!

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Nude run Topic Next Topic: Yet another newibe asking questions.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved