Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Genital piercings exhibitionism?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: why dont we chat nudely on webcam...... Topic Next Topic: Super Bowl 2010
Page: of 2

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  12:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was wondering what people here think about body piercing at their favorite nudist club or beach. Is it exhibitionism to wear them at the resorts and find it offensive? Or do you not care?
I have piercings and take them out when with others.
Thanks for your input

Got Nudes?
Oil paintings by James Taylor - find me on facebook

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  12:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I do think it is Exhibitionism, but on the other hand I’m not offended unless it’s something really over the top.

Diger

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  1:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't find it any more exhibitionist as my tattoos are. It's your own personal expression.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  6:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a form of self-expression. I have chosen bodybuilding instead of body ornamentation; but in my view the two are similar. It can be exhibitionistic, but that is not always the case. I don't lift weights to show off, and similarly not everyone who has a tattoo or piercing does it to show off. Although I'm appreciative of the attention I have received (except when I was being voyeured), being looked at is certainly not my primary goal.

I have seen some pretty "over-the-top" genital jewelry. One guy had a hardware store -multiple piercings- on his genitals (how could he sit down comfortably?) and one lady at the beach had a small chain dangling from her clitoris. Whereas it certainly grabbed my attention, it also certainly did not offend me.

You can try wearing your jewelry around others; see how they respond. If you feel they are getting too much attention or you don't feel entirely comfortable, you can always go remove them. It's not like shaving, which you are pretty much stuck with until it grows back.

Edited by - Nudony on 02/02/2010 7:02:02 PM

Pat
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  7:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To each their own but sometimes when I see them it makes me shiver.

Pat

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  8:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudony,
I have seen the guys with the hardware store attaches to their manhood. What I wonder about is what happens when they lay in the sun. I know all of us have picked up a piece of metal laying in the sun. Now that is enough to make me shiver. LOL

Diger

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  05:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be the diplomat here (so unlike me! ) and suggest that if you can arrange it, have jewelry you can put on and take off, as the occasion either demands or seems appropriate.

As you can see here, good people differ about this topic. So, maybe my suggestion might work.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

James Madison

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  09:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ART_NAKED

Thanks for your input

Got Nudes?

ART, If you take them out with other people around why did you get them in the first place.

Not trying to sound like a smart a$$ but I assume you liked them and wanted to show them off, much like Tattoos and such so why take them out?

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  1:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flnudist

quote:
Originally posted by ART_NAKED

Thanks for your input

Got Nudes?

ART, If you take them out with other people around why did you get them in the first place.

Not trying to sound like a smart a$$ but I assume you liked them and wanted to show them off, much like Tattoos and such so why take them out?

I take them out because the People at the clubs here in Oregon that my son, wife and I go to, nobody does. Another reason is at all these clubs I am a vendor there selling tasteful nude art. I need to look and act professional.
Not to mention my wife and I are part of the community and want to be respectful and be respected.
When we are not selling art, I do where them at times.

Got Nudes?

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  1:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

It's a form of self-expression. I have chosen bodybuilding instead of body ornamentation; but in my view the two are similar. It can be exhibitionistic, but that is not always the case. I don't lift weights to show off, and similarly not everyone who has a tattoo or piercing does it to show off. Although I'm appreciative of the attention I have received (except when I was being voyeured), being looked at is certainly not my primary goal.

I have seen some pretty "over-the-top" genital jewelry. One guy had a hardware store -multiple piercings- on his genitals (how could he sit down comfortably?) and one lady at the beach had a small chain dangling from her clitoris. Whereas it certainly grabbed my attention, it also certainly did not offend me.

You can try wearing your jewelry around others; see how they respond. If you feel they are getting too much attention or you don't feel entirely comfortable, you can always go remove them. It's not like shaving, which you are pretty much stuck with until it grows back.

Thanks for this reply
I really did the piercings for me, not for anyone else. I really do not have a problem taking them out if it makes people uneasy. Making others feel uneasy is not at all why my family and I go the the nudist clubs.

Got Nudes?

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  2:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

I don't find it any more exhibitionist as my tattoos are. It's your own personal expression.

I agree, I have a few tattoos as well

Got Nudes?

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  2:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Personally I do think it is Exhibitionism, but on the other hand I’m not offended unless it’s something really over the top.

Diger

I agree, over the top is not the place at the clubs and resorts. We are there to be relaxed and mingle with others in a stress free invironment.
The problem is that even if one person there is offended, it becomes over the top.

Got Nudes?

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  5:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the reluctance. I used to associate with a nudist group of mostly au natural "older folks", and with some members who thought very little of the "smooth" trend. I really wanted to try going smooth, but feared their reaction and the prospect of being the person there sans pubic hair. So I abstained. Then my wife, either by design or carefree-ness, decided to lop it off right before a visit to said nudist group. I feared a negative reaction or some strange looks - considering she was the only person there without a full bush; but it just didn't happen. I think it was because they knew my wife, enjoyed her company; so her lack of pubic hair was overlooked. Perhaps as a result of this, upon our following visit I noted that one of the other members had also gone smooth.

You might find you get the same (lack of) reaction with your piercings. You just never know.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  6:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that naturists are a very tolerant bunch and will accept without comment body modifications that they wouldn't do to themselves. Of course when asked most of us will offer an opinion. I've never been compelled to get any tattoos or piercings, but I can accept that many otherwise normal people do. I can live with that up to the point that it becomes grotesque, then I don't want to be around that individual. Of course it is pretty unlikely that with our very different views on the subject he or she probably wouldn't want to be around me either.

My understanding is that some clubs prohibit any jewelry that calls attention to one's genitals which is considered to be inappropriate in a family friendly environment. That seems like a reasonable approach to me.

Bill in Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 02/04/2010 6:47:32 PM

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  9:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BareBill

I believe that naturists are a very tolerant bunch and will accept without comment body modifications that they wouldn't do to themselves. Of course when asked most of us will offer an opinion. I've never been compelled to get any tattoos or piercings, but I can accept that many otherwise normal people do. I can live with that up to the point that it becomes grotesque, then I don't want to be around that individual. Of course it is pretty unlikely that with our very different views on the subject he or she probably wouldn't want to be around me either.

My understanding is that some clubs prohibit any jewelry that calls attention to one's genitals which is considered to be inappropriate in a family friendly environment. That seems like a reasonable approach to me.

Bill in Cincinnati

Thanks Bill, well put.
Here in Oregon we are under the AANR north west and we had a write-up on this very topic in or bulletin. In short, it was dicussed through our NWest president that it is not appropriate in our family settings.

Hey when in Rome.

I was active duty in the US Air Force for 10 years and have a few tattoos and a couple of piercings. I have no problem removing the piercings.

Got Nudes?

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  11:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although this is somewhat off the subject here are some rather amusing examples of why those considering getting tattoos should give it a lot of thought.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/28/misspelled-tattoos-perman_n_439993.html

Bill in Cincinnati

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: why dont we chat nudely on webcam...... Topic Next Topic: Super Bowl 2010  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.48 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved