Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 510 ]  [ Total: 510 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 Is an open leg posture acceptable?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: performing nude as a musician Topic Next Topic: older members
Page: of 5

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  11:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is exactly the same point as the PERENNIAL "erection controversy."

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is offensiveness, up to the point of any obnoxious behaviors. Men should neither flaunt nor have to hide what nature does there.

On the other hand excretory processes should be totally private.

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  5:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balataf

That is exactly the same point as the PERENNIAL "erection controversy."

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is offensiveness, up to the point of any obnoxious behaviors. Men should neither flaunt nor have to hide what nature does there.

On the other hand excretory processes should be totally private.

As long as there are no fluids involved, I agree. Once fluid or excrement factors in, between all the sexually transmitted diseases and communicable diseases, it can get pretty ugly. That's why we have towels for god's sake (lice, ticks, and worms, et. al.)

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  7:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HG8Harrier, Don't forget splinters. :)
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  05:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If a posture is okay / comfortable in clothes I genuinly think it should be okay without. The human body is a great mix of textures and form but it can be distorted by odd postures into something less than wholesome, but again seems much the same to me clothed or nude.

I have good reason to remember splinters and a sharp piece of metal on an old sunchair! Such memories make my eyes water.

Rod

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  5:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, splinters are a big problem too.

I don't know if this is a universal, but my folks talk about a time when women were supposed to cross their legs (no open legged posture ever) and, even in public schools, the length of a skirt could not be shorter than an inch above the top of the knee. Even though those rules are a thing of the past, why is there still such a big gap between where were are now and the acceptance of public nudity? What if a town allowed it, but had a mandatory towel law?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  09:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HG8Harrier

Yes, splinters are a big problem too.

I don't know if this is a universal, but my folks talk about a time when women were supposed to cross their legs (no open legged posture ever) and, even in public schools, the length of a skirt could not be shorter than an inch above the top of the knee. Even though those rules are a thing of the past, why is there still such a big gap between where were are now and the acceptance of public nudity? What if a town allowed it, but had a mandatory towel law?

I had always been told that keeping ankles crossed, not legs, and sitting ladylike was imperative as I was growing up. It has stuck.
I guess it's carried me through these years.

If a town allowed full nudity but you had to a carry a towel, I would love it.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  1:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rodders makes a good point but he implies that nudism carries with it a "mind set" that all body parts are to be seen.
I do not feel that to be the case.

The basic courtesies and customs of everyday living, as Cheri's example illustrates, are just as much a part of a naturist community as any other.
We are considerate and caring of others.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  04:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not quite my point GeeWilly. Cheri, like most women was brought up to place her legs in a modest posture which "sticks". It also looks far nicer (to me anyway) than a women sitting with legs "akimbo". It's very much like table manners which becomes a part of you through being brought up in a certain way. Sitting in an ungainly manner or lying in an uncomfortable position to prove a point that nudism allows exposure of all the body would seem rather a waste of time too and just offensive. If however one has to bend over, or for convenience have to, for example swing your legs over a bench or bicycle then surely as nudists we should not be too concerned about exposing more than "normal". I do stick with the thought that the body is wholesome and naturists are, by & large happy with being nude in the company of like minded people. I too agree that we should be "considerate and caring". That's why we have social manners. If you think about it many shave, making their "private parts" pretty overt and I see nothing wrong with that, as it is purely a matter of personal taste and current fashion trends may be a factor too. It might well be that twenty years from now people will look at photographs showing shaved / smooth nudists and find that practice too overt. Probably not, but I hope you see my point. We go nude. We are naturists.

Rod

hairless_uk
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Send hairless_uk a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The only reason i lay with my legs apart is to get the all over tan. The inner part of my groin does not allways get the sun so when i'm working on tanning my front, my legs are open so i don't get any white marks around my groin, i don't mind what others do as that's their business.

Nude is natural

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  11:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a million years old and this may color my judgement but I couldn't care less about splayed legs.

Best Wishes, Jim

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  5:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Open or closed, doesn't matter to me. How ever you feel comfortable.

http://members.cox.net/freedomaz01

shaneone
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  3:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you should lie out however you are most comfortable. Personally I dislike having white marks at the top of my legs just where they meet my butt cheeks. This requires open legs with knees up. Could that be any more open?

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  11:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Say you are on your back, all comfy and all. What would you do, if you were wearing swim trunks or a swimsuit? Just to do the same if you are nude.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  12:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a true nudist, I don't even think about opening or closing my legs. Why would I and why would you? I was interested to know that Admin does not want Avatars that show open legs or emphasizing male genetalia. I guess I understand that request. I want to be a part of this web site so I'll comply. Hope my Avatar of me standing nude next to my nude car is accepted.

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  12:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more thought: Erections happen. Thank gawwdd or none of us would be here. Erections don't last forever; kindly look the other way if you are the squeemish type.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: performing nude as a musician Topic Next Topic: older members  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved