Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 199 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Starting your own nudist club
 How do I start a non-landed nudist club in Arizona
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Northern Central Florida Nudism Topic Next Topic: Just wondering......about starting a nudist club  

JCountry

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  04:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like some help and suggestions about how I could start a new non-landed club in Phoenix, AZ. My fiance and I are current college students and want to start a club for young people. We have been to Shangri La Ranch, which is nice, but most people there are our parents and grandparents age. We would like to try and get a group of younger people together. How would we go about creating and promoting such a club? Neither one of us would be able to host nudist parties at our houses due to parents not supportive of nudism. So location suggestions would also be helpful.

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  12:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having once started a non-landed club myself, I have a few thoughts on your proposal. While I understand your feelings that existing clubs in AZ, both landed and non-landed, have a preponderance of older people; if you attempt to limit your membership to a certain age group, your efforts will fail. A non-landed club needs all the members it can get. You can, however, structure your activities so that more younger people will be attracted, and as young leaders yourselves, you will have an advantage there.

Also, don't bother to set the club up as a democratic organization with officers, board, etc. As founders, you will do all of the work anyway, so you had might as well make all of the decisions. Running it as a "benelovent dictatorship" works best.

In most any club, there will be three types of members:

1. A small core group who make every effort to support the club and attend every event.

2. "Fair-Weather" members who will show up if they don't have anything better to do, and will put off renewing their membership when it expires.

3. Occasional members who like belonging to the group, but will show up only once or twice a year.

As for locations, you will be at a disadvantage without having your own place to hold events. Some non-landed clubs rent private pools, such as at a swim school, and of course, there are secluded spots at rivers and lakes for warm weather outings.

Good Luck!

Edited by - Calbob on 04/30/2009 12:13:54 PM

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  12:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
CSN (Canyon State Naturists) has a youth league or youth group. We usually meet @ our youth leaders house for games, pool time during the summer, etc.

There is also a site dedicated to young naturists (16-35) you can check out, http://www.ynai.com Check out the forums, I am papabare on there too :)

CSN is having a bodypaint festival during memorial day weekend @ DeAnza Springs, and YNAI is hoping on board as well, so we should have a good selection of people our age group.

Starting an age restricted non-landed club will be hard if you want to be AANR/TNS affiliated, but if you decide to go that way good luck and keep me informed :)

--------------------
Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk.
-- Edward Weston

"What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful that the garment with which it is clothed?" - Michaelangelo

Some of my work can be seen @ http://www.bodyshotsbydan.com

JCountry

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  9:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you join the youth league or even the CSN itself? On their website it says to email them if you want to join. I emailed them once and never heard anything back. I also emailed a couple other clubs in AZ with never any response. In my emails I let them know it was a couple that wanted to join, not a single male. So I was left puzzled by the lack of any response.

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  12:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is one already in your area that has been around a long time: AZ Wildflowers. Why re-invent the wheel?!

Previous Topic: Northern Central Florida Nudism Topic Next Topic: Just wondering......about starting a nudist club  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved