Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 216 ]  [ Total: 216 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Is There A Nude Beach In ... ?
 Nude Beaches near Tampa, Florida?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Beaches or Resorts in Washington DC area Topic Next Topic: Thailand ?
Page: of 3

Hawk TK-9401

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  3:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there. My family and I are planning on moving near Tampa soon. Probably around Odessa or maybe Riverview. SOMEWHERE around there at least. (Still deciding)

We are planning our move for this June/July.

Anyway, are there and nude beaches or clothing optional beaches or areas (other than expensive resorts) around there anywhere?

What man is a man who does not make the world better.

ah2benude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  08:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hawk,

As far as I know, there is only 1 official nude beach in Florida. That's Haulover near Miami. South beach is a topless beach around the same area. There are 2 unofficial nude beaches that I know of, and they are Playalinda and Apollo in Brevard county near Melbourne.

Tampa is home to many nudist resorts and they are pretty reasonable as far as cost.

Edited by - ah2benude on 04/29/2009 08:03:12 AM

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  10:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wrong , Apollo is official, Playa is unofficially official!

Live love and have fun

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  2:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well Apollo could be considered semi-official. The park did have an agreement for nude use there but it recently expired. However they are still honoring the old agreement.

Diger

ah2benude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  07:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very glad to hear that Apollo is official. It's about time.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  10:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't call it offical cause its still at the whim of the park service.

Diger

ah2benude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  08:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, as long as we're allowed to be nude and not be bothered by anyone and enjoy the sun and surf, does it really matter if it's official or not?

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If a beach isn't recognized by the authorities as being clothing-optional they can cause you serious problems for being nude there. When the state has the power to arrest you and charge you with offenses which require you to register as a sexual predator the risk is too great. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Bill

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 11/13/2009 5:12:22 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  8:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bill thats the difference in the state and national parks. There are no Federal laws against nudity.

Diger

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  06:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's true Diger, but it is somewhat irrelevant because the Feds give jurisdiction of the federal property to local authorities who then enforce local and state laws there.

Bill

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  4:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yeah, that has been the problem at Playalinda. It comes from the county level not the park service.

Diger

aplan4u

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  10:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We go boating off Fort Desota & heard there was a beach there. Finally found it! It is a bit of a hike, but has been there for years & seems to be very quiet. There are always plenty nude sun bathers enjoying the beautiful clear water, & white sandy beach. It is the cleaniest & prettiest water around.

adp

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  3:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barebill the nudist doomsayer

Live love and have fun

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  3:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope people don't think I'm a doomsayer, but according to information I found on nudistlaw.com it is a violation of Florida law to be nude in public places that have not been set aside for that purpose. In most other states simple nudity does not violate the law; there must be something more of a sexual nature associated with nudity, and then it becomes indecent exposure.

The Florida law reads: Chapter 800.03, Exposure of sexual organs. It is unlawful to expose or exhibit one's sexual organs in public or on the private premises of another, or so near thereto as to be seen from such private premises, in a vulgar or indecent manner, or to be naked in public except in any place provided or set apart for that purpose. Emphasis added. Based on my reading it is my understanding Florida is the only state which specifically prohibits being naked in public even if no lewdness is involved.

If the authorities wanted to make an example of someone skinny dipping at a little used beach they could make your life miserable. It seems pretty risky to me, but under some circumstances I'd probably risk it. I have in the past, but in more remote settings.

Bill in Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  9:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Florida courts generally require that lewdness be involved to be a violation of the state law and have held simple sunbathing to be okay. Local ordinances are tougher in some places, though, like Brevard County.

Nudejon
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  08:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any info on visiting Apollo lately, We are thinking of making a naked fishing trip to Apollo.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nude Beaches or Resorts in Washington DC area Topic Next Topic: Thailand ?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved