Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 221 ]  [ Total: 221 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 Public Nudity
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Another at the doctors office fun time Topic Next Topic: Nudism for Dummies
Page: of 4

acoustixman
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  7:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*edit*: Forgot to answer the question! Yes, I would, BUT:

I am agreed on society as a whole [NOT] handling free nudity, as a rule, on par with a naturist mentality, AND also agreed on avoiding public places but hiking nude... On the hiking trails, I too have in a sense disconnected them from "public" consideration because nature and rigorous conditions seem to readily filter out a majority of the enemies of nudism. The law is sort of in the eyes of the beholder and legal responder, since no action will likely be taken without the complaint of a citizen, and timely action would seem possibly quite likely, given a complaint. In a sense we have the laws the way they should be (at least the ones that positively imply or state sexual intent as a defining factor), if we can produce adequate knowledge regarding how the tolerance of these citizens toward nudity is distributed in our space-time of potential influence, and conduct ourselves accordingly. In a similar sense, it is education of non-nudists that should be our priority, since the laws seem to be enforcible to whatever degree suits the populace at large (disturbing the peace? seriously?! peace is virtually the purpose.). Educate them to realize our harmlessness and enjoy nil legal response given the existing laws. It's not like tax law where everyone demonstrates accountability. More like a law people can invoke as a crutch to avoid feeling harmed, while avoiding confrontation with their own inhibitions. Let's just keep showing everyone how easy it is to not feel harmed by tasteful, tactful naturism! Write to your legislators who would threaten to directly outlaw free-range nakedness that lacks either a political agenda, an artistic or religious statement, or a sexual imposition.

Seeking my role in opening the eyes of the world to the simple harmless pleasure of being naked in our great outdoors.

Edited by - acoustixman on 04/16/2009 7:03:02 PM

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  11:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree our society isn't ready for it. I would however be very happy if we could adopt a more european attitude regarding nudity. I'ed be very happy for that. I see no reason not to hope for that but again I feel this is years if not decades away. I would love to be able to mow the front yard nude or take out the trash with out fear of prosecution.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  8:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it amazes me all the trash from hollywood that american's especially eat up but if they see someone hiking nude out in the woods or on their back porch they are speed dialing 911, i think alot of people have alot of hangups and will never accept nudity unless it's on tv.

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  9:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think it has more to do with being 'one step' removed from it. Somehow its not as offensive on the screen to them as it is in real life. OR, they may have selected to see the movie knowing that nudity was/might be in it, on the trail, they may not have a choice if you're not quick enough to cover up.

Still, politeness and a non-offensive attitude on our part is generally the best answer to avoid any unpleasant situation (i.e. be quick to cover up and say hello).

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  11:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that the no shirt to shoes ruke is a Health department rule and not an individual stores.

Maple Leaf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  3:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I once saw a sign that said "must wear shirt and shoes." Then I pictured how they'd react if someone came in wearing just a shirt and shoes.

-ML

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  09:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would go everywhere nude if the law allowed it. Except during the winter.

Nude Amazon

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  12:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I would try to get away with going nude where ever possible. Then again, I don't see why we women can't be topless when ever we want. Of course you begin to think about sanitation and who knows.

The Nude Amazon

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  3:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If "America" were to legalize Nudity? In fact, this is a relatively decentralized nation, (altho Obama is working overtime to make just about everything Federalized.) It is within the capacity of many county and local governments to totally legalize casual public nudity, subject, however, to review and control by the state governments. It is not a Federal issue, except on Federal lands, such as National Parks, National Forests and Military areas.
Getting a majority of local voters to Okay it is iffy, in general. I've gone thru this in several other threads, with great detail, over the past few years.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  02:11:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you, Balataf, that the government is trying to make us into the equivalent of a giant military base with one size fits all for everyone. Witness the same clothing everyone has to wear, in the military.

But, back to the topic at hand, laws change as the dominant philosophy changes. We can see copious evidence of that when we look back over the last few decades. If you push the limits of a law that governed nudity, or went past the boundaries of the law, you could make changes, but you'd have to be willing to get arrested. That's what was done in the 1960s. I don't necessarily like the results of some of those activities, but I did make a note of how effective they were. It's all up to the people who are limited by the law, especially when your innocent interests are prohibited by the law.

You are correct, Balataf, in that states have (or should have) some say in this, and thus the more adventurous states could allow nudism while others may ban it. The more power that gets shifted to Washington D.C., the fewer choices we will have. It's far easier to influence a state than it is to influence a whole national government

Where I live, even counties have their own laws, with some being much more lenient with beach nudity, for example. NYC, I believe has now stated that women's breasts are no longer unlawful to show. I bet you NYC's government was lobbied quite hard about that. So, there is hope, if people unite and shout loud and long enough.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  08:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Getting back to the original topic and not debating if or how the laws can be changed.

After reading more great input by everyone, I believe as we all got more comfortable with nudity in socity we all would push our boundries.

And with the luxury of not getting arrested, pushing the boundries seems much more attractive.

Diger

Smithy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  4:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Imagine walking thru a mall with nothing on. The air con alone would stop most nudists, personally I wouldn't cos even if the law did legalize nudity, society wouldn't allow it, people would stare and teez, out of jealousy (They wouldn't have the guts) no doubt.
Incidently I just went out in public nude (kind of) I went to a nearby hiking trail and did some nude photos (I had to strip for them and then get dressed agian) It was fun and yes the place was deserted at least the area I was in can't mess with the law too much.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing."
-Albert Einstein

John Wehrheim

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  5:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out:

http://www.taylorcampkauai.com

the ultimate nudist fantasy, living naked in beachfront tree houses on Kauai's North Shore!

This is a very educational film. Enlightening!

john wehrheim

parkersunshine

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  7:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
isn't it legal to be nude in the United States? i didn't think there were any federal laws, just state laws (freedom stripped away under threat of loss of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness).

fundevil

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  11:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I take public nudity as a method of seducing people. I think the best way to seduce people (men and women) is to walk nude with shaved body and observe the face expressions of the people. Some will appreciate and some will surprised and little will try the same thing with them.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Another at the doctors office fun time Topic Next Topic: Nudism for Dummies  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.72 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved