Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 254 ]  [ Total: 254 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 EPILATORS
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Poll: Favorite Shaving Style Topic Next Topic: New Razor
Page: of 3

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  10:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Balto Bob,
I love my Conair twin head and think I will try the Panasonic triple head. The twin head is so much more comfortable than the single head. I can only assume the triple headf would be even better.

bionicbare
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  2:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Six weeks out--

I'm mostly smooth, but still getting ingrown hairs and some hairs are harder to get than others. I've started using a loofah glove in the shower and I think that's helping to free the ingrown hairs that are just under the surface, but not forming bumps or pimples.

Overall I'm pleased, but my skin isn't completely smooth to the touch. For some reason my upper right arm is more prone to ingrown hairs--I'm still getting the polka dot effect.

My other problem is that the summer fog has rolled in here in SF, so it's hard to get any sun on my pale body. Also makes it too cool to go bare around the house unless I'm very active.

Continued best wishes to all my fellow smoothies.

Bolizous

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  09:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Purchased a Braun epilator and it is pretty scary, tried to use it on my balls and it was totally grabing the skin. It worked well on the flat part of my legs but not sure if i want to put it anywhere close to that area again. Could it be that some work better for that area.

BLF

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  1:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It will take practice. You need to streach the skin as much as possible. I use mine everywhere but, still get things caught!! FYI-The Bodygroom is great for those tender parts.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Bolizous

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  2:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob thanks, just ordered one, I will let you know how it works

BLF

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  7:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took the removable guide off. I have had no problems getting anything caught since I did that.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  3:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took the guide off too. But, I still get my balls caught.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Bolizous

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought the body groomer, works great, better dry than wet.

BLF

bionicbare
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  8:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Major discouragement three months out.

I really love being smooth, but I'm having major difficulty with ingrowns on my chest. I'm getting some really unsightly red bumps that last for a week at a time. I had a phase like this early on with my upper arms, but now the chest seems to be the worst.

I try to remember to exfoliate with the loofah and use tea tree oil on the problem areas, but it's hard to keep up with. The first two months went pretty well, but now I'm getting discouraged.

Dammit--I like being smooth!

bionicbare
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  01:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, it's gotten really bad. We're talking major pizza chest. My face never looked this bad when I was a teenager, and I had crappy skin.

I've slowed down on my maintenance and I've got little hairs coming out on my legs and back AND I HATE IT!!! I'm even a little behing on my groin and I really love having smooth pubes.

But the big problem is my chest. I can't believe it's this bad. I guess I'll have to let it grow for a few months and try again. I really loved having a smooth chest (and smooth body).

Sorry to be so whiney. But I'm majorly discouraged.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  6:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I’m sorry guys but those things sound like a medieval torture device. I just can’t imagine getting something like that near my sensitive parts. LOL

Diger

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  8:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bionic bare I am sorry you are having such a bad time.

bionicbare
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  01:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Smoothy--

After more than five months my chest is no better.

I'm now posting in the TRIA topic--I bought myself a TRIA home laser device and have started using it. I'll keep updating that over the next eight months.

Thanks for the encouragement.

docfreeman47
Forum Member

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  6:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ddoger

I see you use a panasonic epilator. I saw one at the store today but also so many others. I tended to the wet/dry for obvious reasons. My big question is that from the look of all the kinds, they look big and wonder how you can get into the area between your thigh and genital area?

Doc

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  7:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. Been on holidays on orient beach. I thought I would rub that in. Any way I can use the panasonic everywhere just by pulling the skin taught. To be honest I only use the Panasonic on my neck, underarms, tummy and around my nipples. I only have 5 or 6 fine hairs on my cheast and I prefer to epilate than shave. Shaving doesn't stop the hair from maturing into thick mature hair. I am very hairless to begin with and use the Panasonic in the shower to reduce but not eliminate the hair on my tummy and underarms. (I don't want to look completely freakish by having no hair at all) I have so little hair on my legs naturally, people don't question my almost complete lack of hair on my stomach and cheast. I also have a very fine covering of hair on my arms that I just leave alone. I completely remove the hair from my neck (bumflum) just below my hairline so it looks nice and tidy. For my Pubes I use a $5.00 epiliator I bought off of Ebay. I remove everything from my butt to my belt line. I do the scrotum by pulling the skin taught and going for it. In the 3 or more years I have been epilating, I have only gotten skin caught once and it was only because I was careless and wasn't paying enough attention. It scared me more than anything and left no lasting cuts irritations or damage. The cheap model I got off Ebay does a much better job and I have fewer ingrown hairs. I find the Panasonic tends to give me more ingrown hairs. I think it has to do with having a stronger motor and dual speeds. Any way I keep my Panasonic in the shower and I use the Cheapo one dry. As far as irritation, I don't get much at all. I also use a Luffah to exfoliate every time I shower. You can buy them at the dollar store for a buck each. They are good for reducing ingrown hairs.

For the guy who is suffering from the torture of epilating, I initially waxed my self and started epilating only after the little fine immature started to grow back. It is much easier epilating the little fine hairs than trying to plow through all the mature thick growth. I would never do that or recommend it unless I really hated the person.

I love being smooth and like the epilating because It means I don't have to deal with shaving daily, I have no stubble even after several days and if I do wait for a couple of weeks before plucking again, the stubble is just fine baby hairs and It really doesn't take much to get things back under control.

Hope this helps

Ddoger

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Poll: Favorite Shaving Style Topic Next Topic: New Razor  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved