Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 440 ]  [ Total: 440 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 EPILATORS
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Poll: Favorite Shaving Style Topic Next Topic: New Razor
Page: of 3

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  10:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
Let me begin by telling you I am a smoothie from my nose to my toes. I have been a smoothie for several years. I started out shaving and it was fine except for the constant upkeep and the stubble. My wife hated the stubble on my legs. I thought of waxing, but it was messy and took a lot of time if I did it at home and it was expensive of I went to a salon. I tried the epilator and found it to be the best thing to do. At first it hurt like waxing would. After a few times the pain lessened and now I cannot feel the hair coming out. I have NO stubble and I can go for weeks between uses. I have several epilators. The most comfortable is the conair dual head. My body is silky smooth and my wife and I both love the look and feel.

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  12:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think epilation is the way to go too. I have been using one for about a year and a half. I have a cheap epislim I use most of the time and I also have a Panasonic wet/dry one that I can use in the shower. My wife has started using the wet/dry one on her legs and I'm hoping in time she will be brave enough to try it on her pubic area. Not that there is much pain but she is scared to try in such a tender area.

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  10:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you noticed that the hair is coming back much slower and finer? My chest, belly and pubic hair has almost stop coming back at all. My leg and arm hair can go several weeks before I notice much hair. I even started using it on my face. I always had a dark shadow after shaving and by the end of the day I had a lot of stubble. At first it REALLY hurt. The roots were very deep. After 6 months of doing my face, I no longer feel anything much. I no longer have a dark shadow on my face and I can really go a couple of days before doing my face again.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  07:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't find one that holds up to daily use. The last Braun Silk-epil Xpressive cost over $70 and stripped the drive gear after 5 months. Should be under warranty (have to find the receipt). I have found that a few minutes a day works better for me. Smoothy- maybe I'm cursed but the hair has NOT decreased. It starts out fine but, after a few days becomes thick and rooted. Frequent use keeps the fur and pain away.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  12:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,
I am surprised to hear about yor Braun. I have a couple and have never had a problem. The Conair dual roller is great, but I am not sure if they are still makling them. I know what you mean by a few minutes a day for daily upkeep. I said I can go weeks between uses, but in reality I go over my body evey morning. I no longer have to shave my face. The epilator wokrs fine after I got over the pain. Of all the parts of my body I do the face was the most painful. It onl;y takes a few minutes because there is hardly any hair to pluck. Maybe you should contact Braun and see if they will get you another epilator. I go for a massage an the MT always comments on how smooth my legs are.

bionicbare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  02:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the inspiration, guys!

I haven't been smooth for a while, but I just started working my way back last week. I have an emjoi epilator. In the past I have mainly used it on my balls and shaft.

I'm hairy, but with baby fine straight hair, including "angels wings" on the back. I trimmed down with the clippers first and I'm a little more than halfway done with the epilator.

I'm doing some every day and will continue until I'm smooth from the neck down.

Thanks for the encouragement!

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  3:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know you are going to love the end results. Do a little every day. Hair grows in cycles so the hair you remove today is not the hair that is there the next day. It will take several times in the same area to get all the cycles. Once you have gotten all the initial roots the rest is easy upkeep. Your skin will be silky smooth and you will have NO stubble anywhere. My chest, belly and pubic area stay smooth for a long time. My legs and arms can go several weeks before they need a touchup. I prefer to go over my entire body every other day. One day from my waist up and the next day waist down. I have had NO problems and have not shaved anything for at least two years. Let me know how you are making out and if you have any questions.
Stay smooth
Smoothy (Tom)

NakedOpeness
Forum Member

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  11:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit NakedOpeness's Homepage  Send NakedOpeness a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Where do you buy these? I shave everything but my face (my wife likes my facial hair during intamacy ;) ).

Clothing should always be optional!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  12:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.drugstore.com/

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

bionicbare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  1:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the continued encouragement!

I had a breakthrough last nite--I finally got all the way across my chest! I've done a full body shave before (first time in 1988), but never used the epilator on my full body. I had also done manual tweezing on my groin before getting the epilator a couple of years ago.

I'm doing more every day and I'm loving it. It's really giving me a boost and making me more aware of my body in a healthy way (much like going naked).

A hint to newbies trying this for the first time--do as much as you're comfortable with. The first time stings the most. I find if I can do a long enough session that the endorphins start to kick in.

I have an additional issue that most here don't--I'm a leg amputee and I've been cautioned in the past against shaving or trimming the hair on my stump because it may cause more ingrown hairs. The silicone liner I wear next to my skin traps the sweat all day and can clog pores so I have to make sure to exfoliate every day. I took a chance and removed the hair last week ans so far it's not too bad. I had a few more ingrown hairs, but nothing major. I'm fortunate in that I have baby fine hair and my ingrown hairs tend to resolve fairly quickly.

So that's the latest. Thanks again for the continued advice and encouragement. I love being smooth again!

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  6:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck bionicbare. I know you are going to love the reults. If you have any questions, just ask. I have been using an epilator for a long time.

bionicbare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  3:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Smoothy!

I've read through most of the topics in the Smooth Nudist Forum, including all the Epilator threads. Your comments are terrific. Along with the other comments (because no two bodies are exactly the same) it's the most comprehensive collection on epilating I've ever seen.

I also got a lot of good background from a Yahoo Headshaving group, even though I'm not shaving my head. I have in the past and enjoyed it, but don't have the desire right now. The group owner/moderator had a lot of the same suggestions I've seen from you and others here. His one innovation for first-time head epilation is to use packing tape to mask 1-2" strips and run the epilator over the strip. I have not tried this on the body, because I have such fine hair and I'm able to manage the discomfort pretty well.

I've now made at least a first pass over all of my body except my arms. I did my first time on my leg this morning. I've got the usual amount of red bumps, but I'm not at all concerned about them. I'm also getting a little sun every day because shaved I look like a beached white whale!

Good luck to anyone new to epilating--I enjoy being smooth. I don't know why it took me so long to try it full body--I've done full shave-downs several times since 1988, tried Nair on my pubes, then manual tweezing, then got an epilator a couple of years ago.

Thanks again Smoothy and all for the enouragement and suggestions. (Guess I better go give my arms a first pass!)

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  8:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My arms were the last part to go smooth. I think they look so much better smooth and tanned. Once you go over your body a few times, then ou can do parts on one day and other parts the next. I like to do from the waist down one day and the waist up the next. I do my face daily and it has got to the point that I can skip doing my face a couple of days and not look like I did not shave that day. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

bionicbare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  12:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm done! I'm 99% smooth from the neck down. It took me almost two weeks, but now it's a breeze--every couple of days I go over new growth and it doesn't really hurt. I have a few stragglers here and there, and I'm having trouble finishing my abdomen. I love the feel of both my chest and my arms--my chest has never been this smooth before.

My only real problem is ingrown hairs. As I said, I have such fine hair that they're like pimples and they go away. Even on my amputated leg, which is under a silicone liner all day, I've only had one ingrown hair that wouldn't go away. But I look like I've got polkadots! I'm scrubbing (exfoliating) in the shower every day. I'm hoping this will diminish.

But I love the look and feel of being smooth--much better than just shaving.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  08:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just bought a Panasonic epiglIde ULTRA. "World's First 360 Triple-Spinning Heads" Also, the first rechargable unit I've tried. Works pretty well. You move it s-l-o-w-l-y, so the spinning heads can do their thing.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  10:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
exfoliating does help a lot. In the beginning I also had some ingrown hairs but not a lot. A pair of tweezes took care of them. After a short time the ingrowns should no longer be an issue. I see you took the plunge and did your arms. Now that you did it, don't your amrs look much better now that they match the rest of your body? Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Poll: Favorite Shaving Style Topic Next Topic: New Razor  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved