Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 189 ]  [ Total: 189 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Nudist Resorts That Support Your Special Interest
 Resort that is a only nude resort.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: naked surfing-Naturist resorts where you can surf? Topic Next Topic: Full time Motor home nudist
Page: of 3

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  11:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

[quote]Here's the thing. Few people end up at a nudist resort by accident, with no prior knowledge of what it entails. More than likely, the newbie has looked up the website, or ordered a brochure, or called the resort office. So there logically has to be some expectation that at some point, nudity will be witnessed, and that some measure of nudity will be expected. For someone who has a strongly reluctant spouse or family member, it would behoove them to select a more appropriate C/O venue. After all, you wouldn't take an animal-loving family member to a hunting party (unless you were a glutton for punishment!).

I saw a example of a reluctant spouse a couple of years back. A guy pulled into the parking lot and came around to the office, his wife remained in the car. The guy paid the day fee and then told us he would get his wife. He then floored me with the following comment, "she didn't know until we got here, where we were going." When he went out to get her, she was staring straight ahead like a deer in the headlights, and I thought he would need the Jaws of Life to pry her hands off the dashboard.

Needless to say, she never got out, he came back and said that they would try another day. Never saw them or him again.

I hope he liked his new bed in the garage.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  10:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

More than likely, the newbie has looked up the website, or ordered a brochure, or called the resort office. So there logically has to be some expectation that at some point, nudity will be witnessed, and that some measure of nudity will be expected.

Agreed. I think the expectation here is of oneself. Yet there is a "first-time" barrier that takes most people varying amounts of time and some people find themselves unable to cross. But I think most who visit want to try nude, on some level, for some reason, if only to please their partner.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  1:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
I saw a example of a reluctant spouse a couple of years back. A guy pulled into the parking lot and came around to the office, his wife remained in the car. The guy paid the day fee and then told us he would get his wife. He then floored me with the following comment, "she didn't know until we got here, where we were going." When he went out to get her, she was staring straight ahead like a deer in the headlights, and I thought he would need the Jaws of Life to pry her hands off the dashboard.

I've also seen something similar at a social get-together. A man walked in, with his wife; and as the woman's jaw dropped to the floor as they entered through the backyard gate, we immediately knew something was amiss. It turned out he had told her a half-truth: he'd told her he was taking her to a friendly get-together, where some of the people there might be skinny-dipping. When he knew very well this was a nudist group, and everyone went nude from the moment they arrived to the moment they left. So she came in, thinking the only nudity she'd see was a little bit of immersed nudity. As it was obvious the husband felt bad, we did not pounce on him; and luckily, there was a large female presence that day - who took her under their wing and did their best to alleviate her anxieties.

It's not uncommon for some husbands to deal in half-truths or hide their true intentions when trying to bring a spouse into nudism. The most common excuse is: "If she had really known where she was going, there's no way she would have agreed." They figure that by "throwing" their spouse into nudism, they can at least get her out there and hopefully somehow get her converted.

In the case I brought up, the husband was very lucky. Since the wife was admittedly disturbed mostly by the male nudity, the men converted to the patio, whereas the women stayed by the pool. Finding herself surrounded only by nude women, which probably greatly reduced her stress levels, and seeing them interact without a care, she soon started relaxing. Without that strong female presence that day, and the guys being understanding of the situation, this would have probably been a disaster.

Edited by - Nudony on 03/14/2009 2:31:45 PM

fullmonte
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  7:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lazarus,
That is the best "clueless partner" story that I've ever heard! That guy deserves some kind of "get a clue" award! What an aweful thing to do to ones partner, wife....

Nudony, your example of a deceitful husband/partner, was also amazing. I really can't imagine doing that to my wife.

I'd be afraid that my wife would most certainly never be interested, if I pulled a stunt like that! And I'd be lucky to sleep in the garage! Heck, I'd be lucky to just stay on the same property!

To me, nudity was just such an answer to a prayer, that my soul had been praying for literally decades. Nudity is so wonderful and I want everyone to be as excited about it as I am. Last year I introduced two people to nudism. One was my sister in Colorado, and one was a very open minded female co-worker. They came when they were ready, and I did not have to trick them into coming, nor would I. I value friendships too much for that. My sister joined AANR, and my co-worker has talked about doing it again this summer. Nudity is the coolest (no pun intended) recruiting I've ever done. It is something that I really believe in, and part of my own joy in nudism, is introducing others, and seeing them get just as hooked!

Take Care Stay Bare,
Monte

caribbean5

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  5:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have booked Club Fantastico in ST Martin in the Caribbean. We have not stayed there before and was wondering if anyone has stayed there in the past.

http://www.clubfantastico.net/

I would like to hear your comments.
Thanks

RobRoy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  07:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My resort, Avalon, is clothing optional except in the water or sauna. You see a mixture, but clothing is mainly parios, which adorn, but do not hide, and tees. A number of times I've seen couples come up where one is treating the other, but plans on staying clothed. This is both genders by the way, and by the end of the weekend, both are nude and loving it.

If we see someone gawking and clothed, we will act quickly, but that is extremely rare. We are a casual, relaxed place, where modesty is banished.

I have also heard horror stories, from members who have joined us, of experiences at nude only clubs. People with bad sunburns being told to take the tee off or go home. First timers being told to strip in the office. I'm sure these are not the norm, but I think most poeple are not militant nudists, but rather people who enjoy close free, and modesty free environments.

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  12:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RobRoy

I have also heard horror stories, from members who have joined us, of experiences at nude only clubs. People with bad sunburns being told to take the tee off or go home. First timers being told to strip in the office. I'm sure these are not the norm, but I think most poeple are not militant nudists, but rather people who enjoy close free, and modesty free environments.

I've gone around and told people that they should put a tee shirt on because they are getting too red. I'd rather have someone wearing a shirt than going home to wake up burned and miserable. Because that is what they are going to remember, not the good times they had getting burned. As for telling someone to get stripped as soon as they hit the office, sorry, but that is one way to turn a nervous newby off of nudism.

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  12:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems like the newer people are nude more than the ones who have been around longer. At least at Solair, in CT. It's disappointing to me, but Solair is really more of a clothing-optional resort than a nudist resort. There are some people who have just about never been nude that I've seen. I've seen people get dressed to go up to the showers/pool. It's not my place, but I would be happier if everyone were nude all the time.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  09:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To some, while visiting resorts its very upsetting and troublesome, that some might choose to remain clothed for what ever reason. In my teens to my twenties the only way to invite female's to visit, was with the option because many wouldnot either way. And the few who did, the members respected her choice and hopefully we didn't cause trouble too many! The world accepts nudism and respects our right to enjoy it and some won't /don't /can't respect their right not too!

go n nude

fullmonte
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  10:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by go n nude

To some, while visiting resorts its very upsetting and troublesome, that some might choose to remain clothed for what ever reason. In my teens to my twenties the only way to invite female's to visit, was with the option because many wouldnot either way. And the few who did, the members respected her choice and hopefully we didn't cause trouble too many! The world accepts nudism and respects our right to enjoy it and some won't /don't /can't respect their right not too!

go n nude

go n nude, you say that "The world accepts nudism and respects our right to enjoy it and some won't/don't/can't respect their right not too".
I do respect peoples right "not to be nude". I just think they should "not be nude" at a place where people "are not nude". The right that I enjoy, is the right to "be nude" at a place where you can "be nude".
Look folks, I think it is awesome for everyone that believes in Clothing Optional, and they can live daily with the reality, of many people wearing clothes while they enjoy nudism.
It just is not for me. I love nudism, I love the oneness of being nude with like minded people.
The clothing optional resort that I frequent, (but don't belong to) has very nice and funloving people. They, for the most part, have been very, very nice to me. I just have to say, that I NEVER like the times, where no one takes anything off. They have every right, I love them as people,it is just not much fun for me, to be feel like I'm at a neighborhood public house party. I've experienced plenty of them during the first 51 years of my life.

To each his/her own. I am just plainly inlove with the feelings that being totally bare produces!

Take Care Stay Bare
fullmonte

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  4:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Textiles use the power of the majority to FORCE everyone to be clothed in public.

I hope we nudists are better than that.

If nudists won't accept a clothing-optional environment at nudist places, if nudists insist that everyone be nude, why would textiles even consider relaxing the anti-nudity laws? Textiles would rightly fear that if nudists became the majority, we'd be just as intolerant of others choices as they are.

Forcing others to be nude is a recipe for disaster.

Sandals2

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  12:38:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the resorts I have been to are clothing optional. I like options, I just prefer to be naked. I think if your were to take a poll, most women would prefer c/o where most men would prefer full nudity. Women have more body image issues thanks to "societal norms". Next time take note of when people reach for their clothing in a c/o resort there could be other issue.

After being a nudist for about a year, I had an experience where a man at a nudist resort made an inappropriate comment to me. I set him straight and moved on - no need to make a big deal of it or involve anyone else. He in turn made a point of talking about me to his friends - how I had accepted his advances and so on. Long story short, after this experience I found myself having difficulty being comfortable fully nude - particularly in small groups of men. I began to carry a towel or cloths and coverup more.

I have since reclaimed my comfort level but developed a lot of respect for the "option" when I truly never thought I would need it. Had it not been there it would have taken me a lot longer to recognize and solve this internal conflict.

If you notice people suddenly wearing clothing just simply ask them why - talking about it may solve a problem, we don't have to be psychologists just friends.

Edited by - Sandals2 on 04/16/2009 12:46:51 AM

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  07:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VLM34

Textiles use the power of the majority to FORCE everyone to be clothed in public.

I hope we nudists are better than that.

If nudists won't accept a clothing-optional environment at nudist places, if nudists insist that everyone be nude, why would textiles even consider relaxing the anti-nudity laws? Textiles would rightly fear that if nudists became the majority, we'd be just as intolerant of others choices as they are.

Forcing others to be nude is a recipe for disaster.

Good point VLM34, i think resorts/clubs with a clothes optional choice for its guest's and members and those resideing there have the best of both worlds, and no one is complaining,reluctant partners and non nudist family members can/will visit, and who cares whether one does or doesn"t, on the flip side its much like the freedom we would all like to be able to enjoy nudism, in appropreit places and not be arrested or judged crimminal. Resorts will get their ground fee's/memberships and everybodies Happy.

go n nude

Edited by - go n nude on 06/21/2009 07:09:52 AM

Insomniac007
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  8:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were at Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica last Dec. The policy there is that there is a nude side and a prude side to the resort ..If you go over to the nude side you are nude or you are asked to go back to the other side . My wife liked that policy and felt more comfortable than on many CO beaches where some of the people were just there to gawk .
Or only complaint with GLB was that the swimming beaches were quite stoney ..**[[OUCH]]**

Naked_Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  3:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess there is a difference with NUDE and CLOTHING OPTIONAL. I don't really care for clothing optional either. If you want to be amongst the nude, why would you not want to be nude? simple, there are many who just want to come and GAWK and I find that so terribly rude. At least at a NUDE resort, the rule is NUDE or LEAVE as it should be.

I find those who want to come and just gawk and look while still clothed very irritating to me.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: naked surfing-Naturist resorts where you can surf? Topic Next Topic: Full time Motor home nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.44 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved