Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nudists and tanning
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Shaking Topic Next Topic: Who got  who in to nudity ?
Page: of 2

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  12:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that tanning, like everything, is a personal preference...but how do so many nudists get a wonderful tan...without the C-word? As a new naturist, I'd like to have some tint, other that pale white...antique white(I just turned 60)I have started some tanning so I'll be comfortable at the resorts-beaches this summer. That's not really safe, so what is? An overall tan looks so nice and healthy. So what do all of you do to get a healthy tan...and stay healthy? How many have gotten cancer from exposure to too much sun?

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  01:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bejammin the other day they were talking on the news about how healthy the sun was for you, than some other news would talk about skin cancer, I think it depends on the news you listen too. Actually I have already started laying out, work on it gradually not to much at one time. Also think it depends on your skin tone, my Dad had olive skin and he could walk to the car and get a tan. Be careful at the beach, I can lay by the pool or in the pool all day and not get burnt, put me at the beach and i'm toast.

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  01:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Also think it depends on your skin tone, my Dad had olive skin and he could walk to the car and get a tan. Be careful at the beach, I can lay by the pool or in the pool all day and not get burnt, put me at the beach and i'm toast.

You are so right. My wife can walk by a window and a tan. The first three days of being outside nude in the spring, I turn red, and then the next day it darkens into a tan. 30 years for us as a nudist couple and no skin cancer. (Touching forehead for luck)

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  04:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TAN? WHATS THAT?

Skinny Women are not Evil

cony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  07:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaffyTaffy2

TAN? WHATS THAT?

It's that 'dirty' colour we like

Cony

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  08:35:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HUH? RED TURNS ME TAN? SKIN CANCER ? HUH?

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  11:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moderation is the key. When I was much younger, I didn't care or even realize that too much sun and sunburns could cause cancer later in life. I just baked. One summer when I was a camp counselor, I was a nice burnished bronze. In my 50s, I wear sunscreen every day. I do not sit/lay out in the sun except probably when boating/sailing where I have no choice. I can be found in the shade at any nudist resort or club I visit.
Teva.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  12:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunlight is required to convert Vitamin D3 to its active form. There are emerging data that many adults are also deficient in Vitamin D.

As for tanning, bear in mind that every "tan" is the consequence of tissue injury and the production of melanin by skin cells to minimize risk of further damage. Also bear in mind that chronic sustained sun exposure is associated with skin cancers. Blistering sunburns are also linked to skin cancers.

Sun safety involves gradually increasing exposure to the sun with care to avoid prolonged or severe exposure. Regardless of care taken, regular and systematic inspection for changes in skin character is essential if premalignant lesions are to be identified before they develop into full blown cancers. Good light, a magnifying glass and a partner to see where you cannot are key.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  1:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exposure to sunlight is a somewhat controversial subject. Sunlight triggers the production of vitamin D in the body (which is a good thing) and it increases some people's risk of skin cancer. The sensationalist news media would have you believe that everyone who allows themselves to get a tan will develop skin cancer and die a horrible death. Not everyone seems to be prone to skin cancer. It's the same with tobacco use. Not all smokers will develop lung cancer. I'm sure we've all known quite elderly people who have smoked for decades without developing lung cancer. Undoubtedly they would have been healthier without smoking but smoking doesn't always lead to lung cancer and exposure to the sun doesn't always lead to skin cancer.

Almost every human activity involves risks. People should be aware of the risks they face and be free to take whatever risks they choose.

I choose to spend a lot of time in the sun without using any sunscreen, but I also see my dermatologist semi-annually for a checkup.

tigerlady45
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  1:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are very fortunate that after the first time in the sun we tan. We still use lotion on our faces especially the nose. We are careful not to be in direct sun all day. Hard not to do when the sun feels so good on the skin. We are both in our 50's and have been in the sun all of our lives. Just have to be careful and know your limits. Yahoo....one day closer to spring. 50's next weekend in MI.

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  6:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As as kid I spent a lot of time at the beach and in those days you covered yourself with baby oil and expected to get a sunburn the first week at the beach. Blisters on your shoulders sometimes. I'm talking '30s and '40s when I was 10 to 18 years old. My first basal cell got treated 50 years ago when I didn't know what a basal cell was. Since then I have been able to get a light tan with a judicious use of sun screen. My tan line is created by wearing a wrist watch. However, the basal cell removal is ongoing and supposedly caused by the earlier exposure. Last year I had my first small melanoma removed. Suffice it to say I am of Irish descent with light skin, freckles and blue eyes. As they used to say on that old TV show, "Be careful out there".

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  12:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm one of those people that tan easily on most of my body. I generally have to avoid too much sun to my face however. I put sunblock on my face and baby oil on the rest and I'm good.

Annie

Streaker21
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  1:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Streaker21's Homepage  Send Streaker21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I actually LOVE tanning but I can't ever seem to get a tan on my butt!! If anyone has any ideas please drop me a message..Thanks!!

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  5:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Streaker21

I actually LOVE tanning but I can't ever seem to get a tan on my butt!! If anyone has any ideas please drop me a message..Thanks!!

My dad never had a problem with tanning my butt

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  8:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to be wise guy, and tell you to get a wide magnifying glass and make the sun burn your posterior, but that would horrible.

In all seriousness, you could try to cover up everything but your butt, and let it catch up with your tanned parts. In other words, concentrate your tanning on your least tanable areas.

"Rock and Roll, man, on K-WASH FM, yo, raaaaap with me, mama, with 50 Cent. Git it on, Baby! "

George Washington

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  9:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or u could use SPF50

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Shaking Topic Next Topic: Who got  who in to nudity ?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved