Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 127 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 Tanque Verde Falls, Tucson, AZ
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Unofficial Nude Beaches Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater? Topic Next Topic: Clearwater FL  

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  10:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tanque Verde Falls is on a normally mild creek that flows through a very scenic canyon a few miles east of downtown Tucson.

My friend and I went out there yesterday morning. A mid-week day and overcast instead of the usual clear blue sky, so we figured there wouldn't be many people, and we were right ... there was not another soul when we got there. We had the entire canyon to ourselves.

The Falls are in Coronado National Forest, and the Forest Service has built a trail from the road down into the canyon, so it's easy getting to the creek. Once in the canyon though, you need to be in pretty good condition, because you'll be scrambling and boulder-hopping quite a bit.

On nice summer weekends, there are usually lots of people near the bottom of the trail, but you can wander upstream a ways and find lovely secluded locations.

We made our way about a half-mile upstream, found a nice sandy spot, and took off our clothes.

It wasn't sunny, but the soft, cool breeze through the canyon was refreshing, and we enjoyed the quiet and solitude. A raven meandered among the cliffs above us, as if to let us know he was on to us, and there wasn't anything we could get away with without him knowing.

We spent a few hours in the canyon, had lunch, and climbed back out. A lovely way to spend a day.

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  2:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like paradice to me Carol........old buzzard

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  2:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buzzard, I think Tanque Verde is better than Sabino Canyon ... much less crowded and more scenic besides. Have you and your wife been over this way much?

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

no_tlines

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  8:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit no_tlines's Homepage  Send no_tlines a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Carole, I have family in teh Tucson area and have hiked Tanque Verde when I visit. It is just as you say. The last time I was there there was no one there either. After awhile a small group came down the trail, so I put my clothes back on, not knowing the protocals. They stayed for a few minutes and then hiked back up...kind of wonder if they came down to get nude but didn't when they saw that I had my clothes back on...oh well.

travelingman1955

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  11:03:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to make it out there this year. I have been in Tucson since 92 and have never made it there. this year for sure.

ramirez169

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  1:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have lived in tucson and am a tucson native and i have been visiting the canyon for 35 years. the days that BIG Jim was the mayor down there. Todd took over, me and my wife carol & Marty have had a lot of great times down there. Even my children are part of the nudist colony, since little and they appreciate the quite and solutude of the canyon as we do ourselves. In my opinion the canyon is at its best in April because of the snow melting in the Rincons. During this time Sundays is the day that everyone comes out of there cacoons. while standing in the beach looking east to your left you will find volleyball, hacky sack and various other sports . After using them please put back. On april 10 i will be down there with my daughter Viviane and grandchild in hopes in meeting new people and making friends.
Until then , Adios

Previous Topic: Unofficial Nude Beaches Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater? Topic Next Topic: Clearwater FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.13 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved