Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 189 ]  [ Total: 189 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Is There A Nude Beach In ... ?
 Mendocino Coast
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Cancun Nude anywhere ? Topic Next Topic: Passage Key  

elad
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  1:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does there happen to be any other nudist/naturist living on the Mendocino Coast of Northern California? I don't believe there are any nudist beaches along our coast but would love to hear if there is. I know of some on the local rivers. We have such a beautiful coast I am wondering what it would take to have one designated? I have gone nude on some over the years but it would be nice to be able to without watching over my shoulder.

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.
Marcel Proust (1871 - 1922)

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  01:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Elad,

Here is a link to nude beaches in Mendocino county:

http://www.sfbg.com/nudebeaches/mendocino.php When you go to that web page, you'll notice other links to nearby counties and their respective nude beaches. It's a good source of official and unofficial nude beaches in this area.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  6:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elad

We have such a beautiful coast I am wondering what it would take to have one designated?

It would take a big change in the political climate of California to have any beaches designated clothing optional. In the past few years, we have LOST,not gained, even tolerated nude beaches. There is currently a battle going on to save the nude section of San Onofre which a state bureaucrat is attempting to shut down. When it comes to California politics, nudists have no friends in either the Republican or Democratic parties.

Bob

elad
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  7:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,
Thats discouraging. I guess I'll just keep doing what I have been. There is one long beach that once I get a ways down I can see who is coming in either direction so that if I am walking I can slip my shorts on. To sun myself I just lie down behind a log. I rarely see anyone other then walkers or horseback riders. Any picnic people stay at one end of the beach or the other and since the beach is several miles long the center is pretty doable nude.

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  2:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For many years, the California parks department has had what is known as the "Cahill Policy", named for former Parks director Russell Cahill. That policy is that Rangers will not cite persons for simple nudity on parks land unless there is a complaint. (And rangers could not solicit complaints in order to issue a citation) They would tell the nude persons to cover up, and that restriction lasted for that day only. The battle over San Onofre State beach is that a current Parks director has unilaterally decided to ignore the policy and ban the traditional nude use of the south end without even getting any public input.
The beaches that are not under the jurisdiction of the Parks department are handled by the local county's sheriff's department, and deputies can cite nude people for "indecent exposure", which is a sex crime. The policy on enforcement can vary from county to county. I don't know what Mendocino County's policy is.

Bob

elad
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  7:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The beach I mentioned is a part of the State Park

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  10:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I always scratch my head at "liberal" CA Democrats who are ashamed/offended/etc. by the human body. They will stand up for the rights of just about any group, including some who break the law, but when it comes to nudists? Forget it.

Previous Topic: Cancun Nude anywhere ? Topic Next Topic: Passage Key  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved