Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 177 ]  [ Total: 177 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 Do those raised in naturism ever become anorexic?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Touching, scratching, readjusting Topic Next Topic: Running into people you know; being out-ed  

gramm

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  01:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do kids (especially girls) raised in naturism ever become anorexic or have other serious psychiatric problems as they grow older? This seems to be all too common among the clothed population.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  10:10:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I very much believe, gramm, that those youngsters who are brought up in a nudist household would be more accepting of their bodies and therefore, not over obsessing with them. I've know some youngsters in the Massachusetts area (5 boys and girls) who are great young adults now who never were. I've met other youngsters over the years, and they too were fine. I've not heard of any who were anorexic.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

ETrainer
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  08:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gramm, I would definitely agree with Cheri. I believe children raised in a naturist environment are very accepting of their own bodies and those of others. They learn the beauty of the human body and don't as often get the mind set, as non-nudists do with the sexual stigma. It is my opinion that children and teens that suffer with anorexia see it as a way to appear my sexy to themselves and to others; the model type, you know? Naturist teens are just more comfortable and therefore don't typically suffer from the psychological stresses of anorexia. I hope that was helpful. Take Care!

Be safe! Be bare!

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  4:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a great question, and goes along with others of the general type, "Do kids raised in a naturist environment experience less..."

body dysmorphism?
anorexia?
obesity?
teen pregnancy?
drug use?
abuse by adults?
etc. etc.

This sort of study can be conducted as a case-control questionnaire and would be ideal for a young investigator doing (for example) a master's thesis at a University. It would be an enormous contribution to the nudist literature regardless of the outcome of the findings.

Perhaps when Cheri gives her annual lecture to the sociology class, the question of whether anyone wants to do the study could be broached.

Just a thought...

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  7:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, lacking a motivation drive necessary to do an actual thesis...how about an opinion?

It would seem that an environment like nudism would counteract that kind of extreme negative body image. There's a much better chance of people noticing earlier for one thing that someone is dangerously thin and the talking to/from loved ones would start earlier. Unfortunately, the textile world can be taken by surprise by this disease because clothing hides a lot.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  10:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In God We Trust. All others bring data...

gramm

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  02:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While a controlled scientific study would be great, for now, I'd just like to hear from the other forum members: Do YOU believe kids who are properly raised in naturism won't have serious psychiatric problems such as anorexia later in life?

Previous Topic: Touching, scratching, readjusting Topic Next Topic: Running into people you know; being out-ed  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.5 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved