Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 265 ]  [ Total: 265 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 New to nudism? Beginners post your questions here.
 I would like to give it a try, but...
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Anti nudism families and friends Topic Next Topic: first time  

curiousinWNY

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  4:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, all...

Like my username says - I've been curious about the "lifestyle" for some time now, so I thought I'd check out what some of the hot topics of discussion were all about here.

First of, let me say this - I have never been to a clothing optional facility, beach, camp, etc. I was brought up in one of those super-conservative families who said things like "gee-whiz" and "gosh darn." It would never have occurred to anyone in my family that anyone would ever want to take their clothes off in a social setting - in fact, I'm not too sure some of them didn't grow up thinking that people were born with clothes on...lol.

On top of this, I married into a family with a similar background. It would mortify my wife to be caught without clothing on, where anyone could see her.

BUT - IN SPITE of this background, I have always wanted to try going "clothing optional." It completely fascinates me - and I don't think I would have any problem doing it (well, other than any other typical first-time guy who's worried about getting too "excited" his first time out).

So, why haven't I ever tried it? My problems are these: I live in an area in which "practical nudity" is practically impractical...lol. That is to say, where I live, there are really only 2-3 good months in which to practice nudism comfortably. The rest of the year, clothing is definitely required.

Second - because of the lack of warm weather, there just aren't too many places nearby for me to just "stop by' for a day and try it. That, plus, because my wife wouldn't get anywhere near such a place, I would have to plan a trip by myself and I have heard where single men aren't always welcomed.

Anyway - that's my story. I was wondering if anyone else here had similar experiences/questions/ideas...

Hope to hear from some of you in the future...

- Dave "curiousinWNY"

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  07:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, I have two words for you, "Baby Steps". Take it slow and what ever you do, don't do anything behind your wife's back. There are many ways you can start being naked around the house without to much Shock and Awe. Try sleeping nude, and not getting dressed quickly after a shower, or walking nude to the laundry room to look for some clothes. I'm sure you can find some way to stay nude just a little more. This will not go without your wife noticing, but when she comments you will have the chance to talk to her.

Don't give up on her, it's not a lost cause, just take it slow and give her a chance. The two of you need to be comfortable with home nudity before you take the next step.

This is just advice so ultimately you will know what's right for you.

Diger

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  07:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the AANR (American Assoc. for Nude Recrecation) has New York club info here.

Now, as to your background, I am one of the parents in the sort of the type of household you describe. I have found, however, that social nudity does not conflict with that sort of upbringing in any way.

Little Fellow
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  1:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It would never have occurred to anyone in my family that anyone would ever want to take their clothes off in a social setting - in fact, I'm not too sure some of them didn't grow up thinking that people were born with clothes on...lol.

Alot of people say that their family was completely against naturism, but don't thin that is always the case. With 99% of the people i speak to, their parents were not against it they just never had to deal with it.

They were raised to beleive that people should always wear clothes so they taught the same to their children they were not anti-nudism, just ignorant of it.

If you know what I mean....
I am sure they would be surprised if you started but they are not opposed to it :)

curiousinWNY

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  3:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Dave, I have two words for you, "Baby Steps". Take it slow and what ever you do, don't do anything behind your wife's back. There are many ways you can start being naked around the house without to much Shock and Awe. Try sleeping nude, and not getting dressed quickly after a shower, or walking nude to the laundry room to look for some clothes. I'm sure you can find some way to stay nude just a little more. This will not go without your wife noticing, but when she comments you will have the chance to talk to her.

Don't give up on her, it's not a lost cause, just take it slow and give her a chance. The two of you need to be comfortable with home nudity before you take the next step.

This is just advice so ultimately you will know what's right for you.

Diger

Thanks to all who have replied so far - but thanks especially to Diger. Yours seems to be very wise, practical advice!

Thanks again!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  5:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dave,
It's just nice to see a guy that's looking for advice, so many times we have seen some guy saying his wife isn't comfortable nude at home and in the next sentence complain she won't got to a nude resort with him. Personally we spent years getting use to being nude in the house before we moved to skinny-dipping in the backyard pool. Then one year we went to a nude beach. The first time my wife went topless and enjoyed that, but on our second time she went all the way and was hooked. She's the one planning all our nude vacations now. What’s funny is, nine times out of ten when we get home she’s the one that’s naked first. The truth is, once most women have the courage to try it, they are the one that get the most benefit from it.

Dave be patient with her it will be worth it, I couldn't imagine nude recreation without my wife, it just wouldn't be the same. They say the divorce rate for naturists is lower than textiles. I don't think it's just because they are naturists, but for a woman to try naturism it takes a lot of trust in her man. Now that's what makes for a good marriage. However I will say the trip into naturism has drawn us closer.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 05/01/2008 5:33:02 PM

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  03:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, I think a lot of people have the issue with not having a venue close by. I have that issue, and I live in a warmer climate. But I'm now willing to travel a little. It'll be an interesting vacation.

I was going to mention the part about starting at home, but diger beat me to it. And I'll commend him for having the experience with gently coaxing a partner, which is essential to that.

curiousinWNY

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  11:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again, Diger and greetings, Phydeau;

I really like the idea of going slow at home, first. That gets us comfortable in our own skin, so to speak. As it happens, my wife and I do occasionally sleep in the nude anyway (during those times of the year when warmth isn't an issue), so we're already beyond that point! And Diger - its funny you should have mentioned this in your first post, but the thing about the laundry room is a great point! Sometimes, after we've done some laundry, we'll leave the clothes in the laundry room for the next day or so - so, naturally, when I go to get dressed for the day, I'll have to leave the shower and go get my clothes while still nude. And our laundry room is in our basement, which is two floors below our bedroom!

So, I guess without realizing it, I've been "dabbling" in nudism for some time now...lol!

By the way, Diger - if I might ask a personal question? Since you mentioned that taking trips to clothing optional locations has helped draw you and your wife closer together, I was wondering if you meant in a physical sense? Here's my question - I understand that the point of nudism, or naturism, is not to be sexual...but I would think that being together, out there - nude for all to see - might be, in a way, exciting for a couple and in that sense, add a little "spice" to your relationship. Is this a fair statement? I guess what I'm asking is, has this lifestyle enhanced your sex life?

Anyway - thanks again to everyone here so far - this forum has been completely enlightening for me! I have really learned a lot so far.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  01:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dave,
What I was talking about was the tranformation into the nudist life style has drawn us closer.

However to be perfectly honest, before our first trip to a nude beach I thought it would be this big erotic experience. I even had all the concerns over male control issues, but to my surprise it was one of the most nonsexually charged experiences you can have. The male control issue never poped up (pun intended). Don't get me wrong it's a very sensual experience, the wind, the sun, the water, the sand and the freedom all play with your senses. It's all such a joy to share this with your mate I guess that in itself does add some spice, but your not there to see or be seen.

The best way to get my point across is to share a little story. We had been going to our favorite nude beach for a couple years, when one day out of the blue Mrs.Diger asked me, "How can you be around naked women all day and it not get hard?" I suddenly realized she had been watching my actions all this time, and that was the first time she truely believed me when I told her it's not about sex. It's funny but the beach could be full of naked women and she's the onlyone that can give me a charge. So don't think nudist never think about sex, we do and most of us like it just like the textiles but that's not why we are there. Hope I haven't been to honest or gotten you to confused.

It's about freedom not sex.

Diger

curiousinWNY

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  11:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diger;

On the contrary - many thanks for your candid honesty. That does truly answer one of my many questions - although to be perfectly honest myself, I can sense that everyone reacts differently to different situations and that it is impossible for me to know how I would react until actually in that situation myself. But, given your experiences, I would hope that I would react the same way you have.

Thank you kindly, once again, Diger for your wise & honest advice.

Dave

MichiganMan
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  11:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to get into nudism but its difficult to do so at home. Because I either share a room with my brother or have a roommate at the dorm, it becomes a struggle for me to do naked activities like sleeping nude.
Currently I am only going nude when home alone.
Does anyone have any experiences or advice on how to break it to them?
Thanks a lot!

Previous Topic: Anti nudism families and friends Topic Next Topic: first time  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved