Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 173 ]  [ Total: 173 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudist Fashion - Apparel and Body Jewelry
 Piercing, body jewelry, etc.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic
Page: of 27

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  9:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well hopfully nobody @ work sees Those piercings, unless you are a male stripper

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

whizzo
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  10:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So many people are doing bbody piercings and tattoos that before too long it will become a passing fad. I had for a short time a nose piercing (did it myself) it just didn't look right. I have six ear piercings done. I did put three rings on one ear over Christmas but settled for one 14 guage loop no more than a 1/2 inch in diameter. It's semi permanent I have to twist it open with a pair of pliers to get it opened. I was reluctant to wear one before because I worked around car engines and the like but with my job now I don't have to worry about it. Tried the belly button and a scrotum ring but they both worked their way out of the skin so my body was telling me - give it up.
I see a lot of teenagers in my job and there are a lot of piercings out there even on just the exposed parts, lips, nose,ears, bellys. I just see it as a cry for attention or to be different with most of these kids.
About the only tattoo that would have any meaning for me would be a fouled anchor (an anchor with chain wrapped around it, all of you sailors out there would know what it means). Still trying to decide even after being out of the service for so long. I always tell kids who want tattoos that you got to be able to live with it for the rest of your life.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  3:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty intersting whizzo, and I agree, it is a cry for attention. But how can you be an individual and different, if everyone is alike?

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  4:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welcome to the forum Dave and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Chic

PaulS
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  9:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear what you are saying but why would anyone want to pierce their tongue or their lower lip. Doesn't it get in the way while eating?

whizzo
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  9:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know PaulS, I'll have to ask the kids. My dentist hates them because of all the wear on the teeth.
I watch the kids at school and how are they try to be different but they have their own set of rules that if you want to be part of the group you have to wear this or act this way and they defeat the whole process of self awareness that you don't have to rely on others for self approval. You just want to scream at them and say "lighten up! be yourself!" but they lack courage. The is one of the essential parts of nudism is self awareness about who you are and not give a damn what you look like to others. This is me and I like it, now you've seen the bare essentials talk to me.

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  9:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Uhm.. Well..... It is supposed to make some things you do with your tounge more interesting.

A friend of mine who has one says she loves it, it is something to play with in your mouth while bored. Though when she plays with it it can get loud (Bad in a meeting when there is a sudden silence :)

--------------------

PaulS
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  10:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peer pressure is tremendous these days for kids. Sometimes I think kids forget how to be themselves. If you don't follow the crowd then your labeled as a loner. I'am not sure what I would say if one of my kids came home and said that they wanted to pierce their tongue!

papabare, what if it gets lost. Now that could be interesting!!!!

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  10:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
'Honey, hold on, let me go get that metal detector you didnt want me to get!'

--------------------

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  12:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey, I'm an old man I guess, but our croud paid a lot of dental bills for broken/chipped teeth due to metal lip/tongue inserts that are not covered by dental insurance. Some fad ! But, so what else is new?

Chic

PaulS
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  08:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we as parents allow it, I guess we pay through the nose for what are kids do.

I have one in high school and I haven't seen any pierced tongues/lower lips. I'll have to check the dress code.

AbraMelin

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  2:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey NewNewdy!

I have had a PA for a few years now. I also did it myself. I originally had a frenum but soon decided that I wanted the 'real thing' and gave myself the PA. I love it. I always felt that the frenum was a cop out. As for the others of you who constantly harp on about not understanding why we do it, who cares! I can't answer that.I sincerely don't know. But I do know it takes all sorts and I'm real glad that there are all sorts.
It makes the world a more interesting place. But honestly you guys, although some of you claim to accept piercings, the overall tone in this forum still leaves me feeling judged by you. I am 50 years old, not a kid. I love my piercing (can't explain). I know it's not a fad. I also love nudity. That's no fad either.

Smile at each other!!

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  4:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AbraMelin, welcome to the forum.

I personally don't care if someone has tattoos or piercings. To each their own. I don't judge people solely by their appearance (either in clothes or nude). In these matters I believe in live and let live.

Once you get to know the gang in here, they are a pretty open and tolerant group.

Enjoy the forum.

irishred

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  5:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

AbraMelin,

Welcome to the forum. We might not all agree, but we respect each other and are open to each others opinions. No grudges held here !

Chic

justmerob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  7:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit justmerob's Homepage  Send justmerob an AOL message  Send justmerob an ICQ Message  Click to see justmerob's MSN Messenger address  Send justmerob a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Body alteration is nothing new. An elementary study of anthropology reveals the existence today, (in so-called 'primitive' cultures) of various tattooing, piercings, and even elongations of different body parts (the neck, for instance). We, in the West, are somewhat myopic; tunnel-vision. I think Europeans are less so, (by degree), but Americans; so, so provincial.

Page: of 27 Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved