Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 201 ]  [ Total: 201 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudist Fashion - Apparel and Body Jewelry
 Piercing, body jewelry, etc.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic
Page: of 27

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  8:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I had a MRI done las august for preporation for surgery and I have 29 tattoo's and they did ask if my tattoo'sn contain any metal I was sure that all but two did not have metal in them, the older ink's used alot of metal in their inks that is why u dont see any of the red's blue's and other colors from the forties to the mid 70'

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  01:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats interesting to know cpt-noble, had not dawned on me that the older tatoos dis not have other colours in them.

Kim =^.^=

Bikeracer
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  02:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that's just great cpt-noble. I have but one tattoo which was 'injected' as a teen, some 30 years ago. It's a small thingamajig and never had no problems with it (unless you consider I did it on a dare from a tatt'ed high school chum, and when I recently asked about brightening the hues and learning that old $10.00 tatt became an $80.00 one for simply coloring inside the lines).

So I have another cancer causing element in my body? Well that's just great! Maybe they'll fight each other to death and I'll be clickin' heels 'til I'm 90-someting!

Seriously, good information and thanks for sharing it. Food for thought on this end.

Nude in the pacific northwest

Sundance36
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  03:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Sundance36's MSN Messenger address  Send Sundance36 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can't get tatoos due to being imune surpressed. but I like to look at them. as for body piercing to each his own . I do think alot of people go to the extream. I can't look at some.

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  05:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Lol@biker, Thats the one thing i never did was to get tattooed on a dare i seen alot of my military buddies get thiers that way, but I chickened out back then most of mine where done in the late 80's to mid 90's except for two which were done in the late 60's....
And I know exactly what u mean sundancer some of the peircings i have seen are really overboard to say the least

Harryleo177

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  07:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you wear a Prince Albert in Cape DAgde

toosunni
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  07:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Send toosunni an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree w/ sailordave that tatoos and piercings should be done in moderation and taste, I've seen some real over board piecings and some nudist places, that were of obvious sexual purpose. For me I don't wish to have either. The permanancy of tatoos(even though yopu can spend more to have it removed)is a major reason. I've seen tats on some very old people who probably realize now that the cool idea when they were 18, aint so cool now that they are 60. The MRI you have all been taking about is a huge manetic field which will heat up metals like iron by magnetic induction. There are electric stoves that you can buy that dont have heating elements but electromanets for burners which means your pots must have an iron containing bottoms to heat up then in turn your food. The strength of it is obvious if the story of the O2 bottle flying accross the room is true. There have been stories of people who over do piecing where they got metal poisoning or massive infections and died. And finally, yes people in gov't probably are more concerned with their safety than ours, I've worked in some gov't offices as a contractor and some are setup like fort knox.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  10:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum toosunni, and I think you are right about people not thinking about the tatoos when they get them. I agree with you about some people going over board with the piercing and jewelery, I have seen some nudists that looked like walking swiss army knives.

cpt-noble, what was the old navy saying about first port of call? You get stewed, screwed, and tatooed?

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  08:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toosunni welcome to the forum.

Kim, a got a laugh from your old navy saying. You sound "salty". lol

irishred

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  10:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
IrishRed, my grand dad used to say that, I think I got the words right. I know it used to make my mom mad when he said that.

Kim =^.^=

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  10:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol, yep that was how it was said but I was in the army, And I am sure it was the same for all the branches of the service

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  11:32:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the name of the Indian (from India) art in which a particular type of long lasting ink/dye is painted upon the body in patterns or pictures and it last for many days? That would be something I'd be interested in. How's the quality of the modern temporary tatoo? Is it still of the Cracker Jack quality in which first time water hits it it comes off? Knew an old sailor on my first ship who was tatooed where his short sleeve shirt ended. When he wore a short sleeve button down shirt, you could not see any tatoo but everything under that short sleeve shirt was inked.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  11:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, That's henna drawing.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

toosunni
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  01:59:18 AM  Show Profile  Send toosunni an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the welcome Kimberly and IrishRed!

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  03:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailordave

Does anyone know the name of the Indian (from India) art in which a particular type of long lasting ink/dye is painted upon the body in patterns or pictures and it last for many days? That would be something I'd be interested in. How's the quality of the modern temporary tatoo? Is it still of the Cracker Jack quality in which first time water hits it it comes off? Knew an old sailor on my first ship who was tatooed where his short sleeve shirt ended. When he wore a short sleeve button down shirt, you could not see any tatoo but everything under that short sleeve shirt was inked.

Henna is the Indian skin staining you're asking about. It looks neat and is supposed to last a while. I got a tube of it in a tan color. I think you can get it or mix it in other colors too. Looks like it would be hard to do yourself, so I haven't actually tried it yet.

Some of the temporary tattoos are pretty cool and they offer great designs. Some of them are pretty wild. I use them fairly often- when I feel the urge to go crazy. They last a long time. The nice thing is, if you get sick of it, or it starts to get too worn out, baby oil and/or alcohol will get them off. Depending on where applied and their contact with rubbing clothes. I've had them last a couple of weeks.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 02/09/2004 03:27:02 AM

Page: of 27 Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.58 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved