Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudist Fashion - Apparel and Body Jewelry
 Piercing, body jewelry, etc.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic
Page: of 27

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  01:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a lesson in Chemestry or Physics? I haven't had so much fun since high school science.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 01/31/2004 10:33:48 AM

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  02:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Stainless steel is what I would think too, but they told me CAT scans are OK because they are just 3D x-rays, but not to get any MRIs. Maybe just being careful.

They don't set it off at the airport, but they did at the Federal Building.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/31/2004 02:16:11 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  05:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Goes to show you they are more worried about the safety of the people in the federal building than they are the people on the air planes.

Kim =^.^=

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  08:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Lol@chic, I should have been more detailed in the non magnetic then i was. Even though they are non magnetic the problem with any metal in a MRI is they will begin to heat up, not sure really why but when i had my MRI i could feel the area get warm. there is a case here in my area where some one was killed in an MRI not cause they didnt take of jewelry or they had metal in body but that someone in the deparment forgot to secure and oxygen bottle down and when they turned MRI on it shot into the machine like a missleso when i had my MRI i made sure to ask tech is everything metal secured

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  08:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
chic, lol.

irishred

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  09:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spent 8 years in the Navy and resisted the peer pressure to get a tatoo or piercing. Not one part of my body is inked or punctured. Though some of those guys did regret them. Imagine getting a tatoo or hidden body part pierced then putting on a T-shirt, long sleeve cotton shirt, tight fitting bell bottom blue jeans, and go to work in over 100 degree heat in a steamy boiler room. There were plenty of infections to go around. Tats and rings can be OK but if it's done within good taste and moderation but I guess the definition of both is up to the individual.

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  10:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutly Dave couldn't have said it better my self

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  11:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irishred

chic, lol.

irishred

Thanks Buddy.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 02/01/2004 11:23:55 PM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  07:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you sailordave, I think you summed it up well.

Kim =^.^=

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  12:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to revisit the MRI issue but I just had one a couple of months ago. They even ask about tattoo ink as it can get warm.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  03:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
bornnude I have never heard of that issue, only metals that are subject magnatism.

Kim =^.^=

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  08:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly

bornnude I have never heard of that issue, only metals that are subject magnatism.

Kim =^.^=

I was suprised myself... What do I know, I was only the victim, er patient.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  08:06:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Must be the chemicals that make up the tatoo ink. We are glad you survived bornnude.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  11:15:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sailor your comments hit the nail on the head.

irishred

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  8:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I had a MRI done las august for preporation for surgery and I have 29 tattoo's and they did ask if my tattoo'sn contain any metal I was sure that all but two did not have metal in them, the older ink's used alot of metal in their inks that is why u dont see any of the red's blue's and other colors from the forties to the mid 70'

Page: of 27 Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.79 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved