Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 254 ]  [ Total: 254 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Hey, is there a club or nudist resort in ...?
 First-timers looking for Caribbean resorts
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: newbie nudist in Washington state Topic Next Topic: Redding, California nudist/naturist activities  

lpmu81

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  9:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Send lpmu81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are planning our first clothing-optional vacation for 2008. Right now, we are looking at resorts in Jamaica. Being new to the experience, we are looking for suggestions on which Jamaican resorts are best for our first experience, and if there are other Caribbean resorts we should also consider. Oh yes, and any tips for first-timers like us would be great !

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  9:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might also take a look at Club Orient on Saint Martin, www.cluborient.com

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  03:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ipmu81. Welcome to the forum. sue my wife and I have been nudists for 30 years but we can still remember the first visit. Just remember that all around you are nude and they will not be looking at you any more than if you were in a clothed environment. Just enjoy the freedom of being nude.

Mike

kangaroo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  1:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would also recommend Club Orient. We went in late October through early November 2007 for our first clothing-optional vacation, and we loved it. Everyone was friendly, and even though my wife remained clothed the entire time (she's not a nudist), nobody treated her differently. My 3 year old daughter also had a good time. She met another girl who was also staying at Club Orient, and they played together at the beach.

First time tips:

At first it was quite surreal seeing people walking around nude. Even though I knew was at a nudist resort, when someone walked past our room I still caught myself thinking "Hey, that guy is naked!". You will get over this quickly.

Once you started socializing with everyone, you will find that the "naked people" turn into just "people". You will still realize that you are nude, and that they are nude, but it won't matter anymore. For a simple analogy: In clothed society, you would notice if someone is wearing a red shirt versus a blue shirt, but it wouldn't matter.

Sunscreen!!!! Especially on places that haven't seen the sun! And make sure someone is watching your back (for redness)

Finally...enjoy yourself. There are very few places that allow you to walk around nude, so enjoy it while you can!

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  2:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I will be heading down to Sunset Beach, Montego Bay for the third time next week. If you read tripadvisor you will see people either hate it or love it. We feel it's a great value. (4 stars not 5) It is family oriented (unfortunately) with a water park, good food but not great, nice rooms but pretty basic. We go there to lay in the sun, drink, and dip in the ocean when we get hot so it meets our needs just fine. The resort is at the end of the peninsula and the nude beach is at the end of the resort so it is peaceful with a full time guard making sure all are naked and no sight seers allowed. Good Luck on your decision!

lpmu81

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  7:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Send lpmu81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all who posted for the great info. We would love to hear more from you and other members regarding tips for the first-timers ! Thanks.

acmeweld
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  1:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I just concluded a vacation at Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. One of the features of the resort is a nude beach, Sunset Beach, with all the ammenities... lounge chairs and floating pads, shade structures, a nice pool with waterfall grotto, a beach bar/swim-up bar, a grill for lunch and restrooms. The jacuzzi is a bit small and out of date. This is nude.. not clothing optional. This levels the state attire of the beach for all concerned which I think is beneficial. The beach closes to nude activity at 5:00 PM so other resort members can view the sunset. There are young newly weds experiencing first time social nudity as well as couples approaching their 70s being nude for the first time. One mid-60s couple said they would try it one hour and spent the entire week on that beach. There is every male and female body type from slim and slender to joyously full figured. Everyone was genteel, polite, sedate yet social. There was no inappropriate behavior by anyone at any time. People we met were friendly, socialble and most interesting, from a law enforcement officer from a large Mid-Atlantic city, to a retired engineer and his librarian wife (the mid-sixties couple), to a couple whose husband had a job salvaging buildings. It was fun!!

mdwinnie

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  01:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im confused about sunset beach. On the internet this is not listed as nude beach. Can you better describe what the beach was like and how far the beach is. Did you have to drive there ?

Anyone interested in trying to get several families to go same week to Orient club. That way better options for kids to play ?
My kids are 5,8 and 12 years old. We are used to a local family friendly CO beach here in Portland.
Thanks Mike

Mike Wilmington

acmeweld
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  1:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to mdwinnie ... Sunset Beach is on the grounds of Couples Sans Souci Resort, Ocho Rios, Jamaica ... Sunset Beach is a nude beach from opening until 5:00 PM. It is on the western edge of the property and is an easy stroll from anwhere on the resort. It is on a shallow bay, with packed tan/light brown sand. It is well maitained. The water is shallow and calm with few to no waves. It is very private and separated from the rest of the resort.

EmelCol

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  10:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I ventured to Hedo II in Negril for the first time last year in September. Than again in October. Loved It. The rooms are a little outdated but the atmospher is fantastic and very relaxing. Check it out.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  11:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmelCol

My wife and I ventured to Hedo II in Negril for the first time last year in September. Than again in October. Loved It. The rooms are a little outdated but the atmospher is fantastic and very relaxing. Check it out.

I wouldn't recommend Hedonism II to anyone as a first time nudist experience. It's way more than even long-time vanilla nudists want to experience.
- - - - is much better as is Club Orient or Lido Braco.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  9:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have gone to the Dom Rep., and stayed at Punta Cana, and Purto Plata. The resorts are fantastic!!

The entire beach is topless, and all the pool areas are topless. Mrs. Cookie and I ventured down the beach on Punta Cana, and we were able to lay out in the "buff", and go in the ocean with no problem in the "buff"!!!

This is the hidden secret of the islands!!!

Cookie

letsdoitok

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  10:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am going to Grand Cayman in a few weeks.
Nudity is not allowed on any beach. However, is there a secluded beach where I can go and be naked and secluded? Also, are there any nudist clubs or organizations there?
Any help would be appreciated.

Previous Topic: newbie nudist in Washington state Topic Next Topic: Redding, California nudist/naturist activities  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved