Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 213 ]  [ Total: 213 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Advice For a Newbie
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Seasonal felicitations Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - December 2007  

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  12:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I've made an earnest effort to find a previous thread on this with no reward.

I'm a little hesitant to get into social nudism. At home, I'm very much a nudist. I don't tear my clothes off the second I walk in the door, but when they do come off, I don't feel the need to put them back on until there's a social code of necessity to do so (in simpler terms, if I need to leave the house).

I'd like to spend more time comfortable in my an own skin. But something still seems weird about groups that get together specifically for this purpose (and yes - I get why, but it still seems weird to me that people that would otherwise be strangers get together to go bowling just because they only wear the silly shoes).

I'm thinking something larger scale. A vacation to Haulover Beach with an umbrella, a book, and an iPod just to see if I can be comfortable with being there with little to no interaction. Read a few chapters, do a few minutes of swimming, talk if I meet someone, but otherwise keep to myself.

Does this sound good to anyone else who's experienced?

Triker
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  12:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, a nude beach is a great way to experience social nudism for the first time.IMAO

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  01:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triker

Yeah, a nude beach is a great way to experience social nudism for the first time.IMAO

Thanks. I'm actually deciding on the trip. That was helpful. :)

b4dger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  03:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that a beach trip is the best course of action to test the water of social nudity. At the beach you can be alone or join in with others it's your choice. You will also have the opportunity to see first hand what a friendly bunch of people nudists are, and that they are just the normal people you see clothed in the street or shopping mall. Not every one is Venus and Addonis.

Hope you have a good trip and let us all know how it was on your return.

Spread the word.. nude is best. Bob..

Writerrich

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  04:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Writerrich's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Canaveral Seashore just south of New Smyrna has five different areas.

The parking is really limited at Area Five, the clothing optional area, but you can usually get a place at Area Four if you're early.

My wife (not a nudist) and I have been to Area Four several times and it's a great place for newbies to go.

It's probably two miles down to Area Five but as soon as you start South the clothing optional begins. The further South, the more nude it gets.

Here you don't feel uncomfortable with your bathing suit on, or off. This suits my wife and I perfectly.

This might be a really nice place for you to begin your journey.

nomad6
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  07:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try to stay as close to the co sign as possible if youre taking a lady. the farther south you go the more males you can run into. as ive told diger that is really annoying whenever youve got some male gawkers im talking about gawking all day. my experience is most couples stay close to the co sign have a good time there

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  08:53:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like we have a couple Apollo beach (Canveral National Seashore) fans. I agree Apollo Beach is a good first time experience. Just be advised that, at a nude beach there is no way to limit the wierdos. However we have been going to Apollo for 8+ yrs and have only seen bad behavior a couple times. You can meet some nice people there, or if you want to stay to your self, they will respect that too. Just remember the gay section is farther south, and I have heard of single males that go to far south being hit on.

I'm not here to scare you, just want you to know the ropes. It is a beautiful place and we love it.

Diger

txvic
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  10:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i too was very hesitant to try social nudism. as a matter of fact 'hesitant' is an understatement. now i, like most who give it a try, wonder why it took so long. even if the first experience goes bad for whatever reson, try again at some other venue. you wouldn't stop going out to dinner just because your first time was a bad experience. personally i like private resorts (less likeleyhood of gawkers).

newlynude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  10:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phydeau...Haulover Beach was my first public nudity experience. It took all of about 5 minutes to realize I loved it! I am sure it may be a little nerve racking at first, but you will get used to the feeling of being nude in public. Beaches are clothing optional and you will probably progress to wanting to go to nude resorts where the expectation is that all are nude. I think you would love to visit Cypress Cove just south of Orlando. Lots of nude happy people!

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  11:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An alternative for you and your significant other is to go to an AANR resort in FL. All are welcoming to newcomers. See for example Cypress Cove, www.suncove.com

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  11:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll look into the Canaveral shore, as well. :)

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  08:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Phydeau,

I think a nude beach is the best choice for a social nudist adventure. I enjoy hiking, swimming, etc. at a nudist resort beach or not. Feeling the sun and wind on my body is a great pleasure whether I am alone or in a social nudist environment. Enjoy.

Best Wishes, Jim

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2007 :  1:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Phydeau,
My first non-private experience was at Haulover. The first day, I didn't even get nude. I used that day to get comfortable with the fact that everyone else was comfortable. That was a couple of hours. The next day, I took the plunge and from then on, it's been nude sailing.

I get what you're saying about the idea of getting together just to be nude seems odd. But I just think for me anyway, it's going to a place where you're understood, emotionally safe and comfortable.

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 12/21/2007 1:43:27 PM

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  02:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would look around your area and find a nude resort and just go for a couple of hours and talk to some people. There is usually always good people there.

Take it one step at a time.

Art Naked

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  04:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There aren't that many around here. There's one about 10 miles away, but single men are discouraged. After that one, I think I'd have to do a good deal of traveling to find the next.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  10:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phydeau

There aren't that many around here. There's one about 10 miles away, but single men are discouraged. After that one, I think I'd have to do a good deal of traveling to find the next.

I am aware of the nudist park to which you refer. I can suggest the trip down to Carolina Foothills in the SC upstate, Chesnee area. It's worth the drive.
Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Previous Topic: Seasonal felicitations Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - December 2007  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.97 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved