Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 285 ]  [ Total: 285 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Doctor visit
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Reactions on being smooth Topic Next Topic: How much of your body do you shave men?
Page: of 3

glock45
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  05:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been gone from here for a while so I don't know if this question has been asked.
Have any of you shavers(or hair removers) been to your family doctor right after you shaved? If you did, did the nurse or doctor comment as to why you were shaved or did they make any comment at all?

Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  09:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're unsure if a topic has been posted or not, use the "search" feature in the upper right hand corner of your screen for these forums.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  11:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to doctors, colonic hydrotherapists and not one has asked any questions. The only time the subject rose when I was having a full medical and the physiologist commented that she didn't have to shave chest hair for the pads for the ECG. Doctors have more important things on their mind to worry about the reasons why one of their patients shaves. Similarly if you have an allover suntan, don't worry.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  1:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm always smooth, so whenever I go to the doctor, that's how I am. I've never once had a comment about being smooth. Well, one time I had to have a cyst removed and the doctor asked if they could try an experimental kind of anesthesia and I said it was OK. He told me I would have to shave my armpit and I told him that it was no problem as it already was. He said, "Great." And that was that.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  10:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several weeks ago I decided to remove my body hair. I bought an epilator because I didn't want the stubble that shaving produces, and I refuse to wax. Much of my body hair is pretty sparse, but there are some areas where its absence would hardly go unnoticed. Since I've been hairless no one has commented about it and I don't expect them to. Who cares?

Since healthcare professionals see all sorts of people I wouldn't expect any of them to comment on something so trivial as the lack of someone's body hair. I'm sure that neither an all-over tan nor lack of body hair would go unnoticed, but I'd be quite surprised if it would elicit a comment. I suggest you find something else to worry about. :-)

Bill

beachlover492000
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  09:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess things are a bit different with doctors in Florida. I've had doctors question my totally shaved body at almost every initial visit. There are also raised eyebrowns over my g-string tan which comes down to lines on my hips and a "V" over my butt. Their reaction is usually a bit of a shock and then the questions or comments. One doctor asked me if I was a transvestite.

It can be a bit embarrassing, but I really enjoy the look and feel of being totally smooth. And like everything else, pleasures do come at a price.

Edited by - beachlover492000 on 01/04/2008 09:56:19 AM

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  07:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds a little unprofessional of your doctor to ask such a question Beachlover. By the way, why the G string rather than being tanned allover as nudists tend to be?

deforested
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  5:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Four years ago. First time appointment with my new Physicians Assistant(female), and the first time I ever had a female doctor. I'm shaved from the waist down to my toes. When she got to "that part" of the exam she paused and asked if I had shaved down there just for my physical exam. I told her no, it was a personal grooming choice and that I'd been shaving for several years. She only commented (with a smile) that it did make that part of the exam easier. I've been back since and there have been no further discussions on that subject.

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  5:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm generally allover hairy (see avatar), so being smooth anywhere would look very odd. However I do trim back the bushy bits to match the rest.
This has only been commented on once, by a razor wielding nurse, who thanked me for saving her a job.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
back in the 80's while at the health clinic for a exam i was told to completely disrobe by the nurse,i did but didn't see a gown so i sat on the exam table, when the nurse returned with a female doctor(first time being examined by a female doctor)I was a little shocked and i probably shocked them by being a smoothie at the time, they didn't say anything but i knew they were holding back their giggles,i'm sure if they are still in the medical profession it is probably more common and they don't even blink let alone giggle.

Triker
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  10:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by glock45

I have been gone from here for a while so I don't know if this question has been asked.
Have any of you shavers(or hair removers) been to your family doctor right after you shaved? If you did, did the nurse or doctor comment as to why you were shaved or did they make any comment at all?

Yeah I have, and nope they didn't say anything.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 01/14/2008 10:21:24 AM

CAPTAIN_JAMES
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  12:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year I had a physical, when the Dr. told me to drop my pants for the Prostrate exam, his only comment was over my lack of underwear, not over my lack of body hair.

beachlover492000
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  7:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuffers

Sounds a little unprofessional of your doctor to ask such a question Beachlover. By the way, why the G string rather than being tanned allover as nudists tend to be?

I have a g-sting tan because getting a nudist tan where I live is expensive and hard to find. There are no nudist beaches in my area unless I go on a multiple day trip. There are nudist resorts, but you must pay hundreds of dollars to join, and single males are not welcome. My wife can't take the sun because of a skin condition and is not interested in going to sit in the shade. So I wear a g-string in my back yard or on a beach where it is legal.

That's OK by me. I like the tiny tan lines. They are neat.

staffoj741

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  7:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shaved my pubic hair off when I was like 14 or 15 and I couldn't see my regular doctor, and the on call guy (who I now know is gay) but anyway he questioned me as to "what happened down there" I panicked and said it was a dare. Not wanting to let him know that I was trying out nudism and body image preferences.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  9:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We recently moved and have started with new doctors. I am undergoing tests, currently, with my new female doctor. She's young, attractive and now knows that I have no tan lines, I don't wear underwear and I shave my pubic area.

She didn't mention either of these and was very professional. I think they see so much of this nowadays that it's of little or no concern to them. I welcome the questions because I have taken a new direction in regards to telling people about our lifestyle. If they ask personal questions...for one I reply..."I don't have tan lines because I'm a nudist." "I don't wear underwear because I haven't since I was 15," and "I shave my pubic hair because my wife and I like it that way," "can you tell me what these questions/concerns have to do with the reason I came to see you!?"

I really don't think they give a darn!

cmichael
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  08:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I was made to feel very uncomfortable at an emergency room visit years ago. The Doctor asked in front of people who had no idea of my unshaved-ness,(mother-in-law and father-in-law). When I was admitted, the nurse was cool, but I never followed up with that Doctor!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Reactions on being smooth Topic Next Topic: How much of your body do you shave men?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved