Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 244 ]  [ Total: 244 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and The Law / Laws Concerning Nudists
 Backyard Nudity
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My dream law 2018 Topic Next Topic: How will the law handle Transgender nudity
Page: of 14

bnbngeorgia
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  9:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HearthfireSpring

sailawaybob, my grandmother has a home in southern Maryland. The former owners of her house had a few bamboo plants in the back yard of the house. She has to have the area mowed a few times a month in the warm season. Belive it, all you need are a few healthy plants. It really really spreeds and grows fast.

Andy

Be careful about using bamboo. Many varieties are extremely invasive and virtually impossible to eliminate, if you ever want to get rid of them.

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  1:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bnbngeorgia is correct. The stuff can take over in no time. If bamboo is your best bet, consider planting it in containers, like tubs or buckets. That way it can't go beyond where you want it. If it gets out on its own, it is VERY tough to control.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  5:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow found a deal on craigslist someone is giving away bamboo plants just need to go pull it up. Will update soon as I have a jungle.

HearthfireSpring
Forum Member

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  3:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Send HearthfireSpring an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Grow... Grow my precious Grow... Hey, maybe one could mil blackberrys intot he bamboo...? It would give you a nice treat And add an extra layer to the Thing. Have fun.

Andy

HearthfireSpring
Forum Member

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  3:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Send HearthfireSpring an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I can't type today. Sorry about that.

Andy

Admin's note: Andy, use the Edit Reply button to correct bad spelling or other errors. Also, notice the words with a red line under them as you type. Right click, and you'll see all the correct spellings to choose from.

phred

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  8:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are two types of bamboo, running and clumping. Running bamboo is the ttype that is extremely invasive and will continue to spread without some kind of barrier put in place below ground. Clumping bamboo does not spread.

Fred

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  12:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My horticulturalist says the bamboo attracts the Japanese beetles. Maybe a tall fence with contcertina wire would be a hint to your neighbors.

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
Thomas Jefferson

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  9:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warmskin thats Ok maybe they will eat the termites down here.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  11:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Changed my mind today and planted 33 Leyland Cypress around the backyard, several neighbors have them also so by using these they will blend into a forest of them in a few years.... OK come on trees grow, grow, grow...tick, tick, tick, OK i'm still waiting...

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  12:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are a patient man bob. I had to get a ceder fence up. It was fairly easy and totally private so I have no worries about being nude out in my back yard. I would like to put a fence around my whole property I have one Acre and the house is pretty much dead center. I may fence off the entire back of the property some day however just now I think I am good. When I get around to constructing a sauna out back I may have to extend the fence as I would want to walk nude to and from the sauna. Anyhow good luck with the Cypress trees.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  11:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually Al i'm not that patient just to poor to fence in the whole backyard, last year we put a privacy fence around the pool but would like to be comfortable going into the whole backyard without the law coming by to talk to me, I may have to go out and sing or do a tree dance to make them grow faster.

PABiker
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  5:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sailaway Bob, 2 words, miracle grow. Actually, bargain fertilizer works just as well. Also look into tree spikes. Follow directions so as not to burn the roots. I took a 5 gallon bucket and drilled a quarter inch hole in the bottom. I set it at the base of my trees and fill it with water or liquid fertilizer depending on the schedule. It slow drips to let the liquid soak into the soil. I get 2-3 times normal growth by proper fertilization and pruning. A warning, however. Obsessive gardening can become addictive and before you know it you may re-landscape your entire yard. Within 5 years my acreage will have complete privacy everywhere I want it except from helicopters and satelites.

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  6:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My backyard is not private. It has a six foot fence around it, but I have neighbors who can easily see into the yard from their second-floor bedroom windows. I used to never worry about it, and freely went in and out nude to garden or sunbathe as I pleased. Last year however the city I live in passed a new law making nudity illegal, even in one's own home or yard if it can be seen by another. Until then, simple nudity was legal, and at worst you might receive a ticket for disturbing the peace if someone called in a complaint. Now that nudity itself can be prosecuted, I am more reserved about walking out my back door in the buff. I mostly check to see if my neighbor's blinds are closed before venturing out. I hate having to be so "paranoid" about it, but whatcha gonna do? I doubt anyone can persuade the city council to change an anti-nudity law once it's on the books.

Annie

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  8:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PA i've used miraclegrow before but will try it with the backet idea (thanks) have alot of plans this year if half work out i'll be happy.
Annie get some of these Leyland Cypress trees and place them in line with your neighbors windows, in a few year they will only see evergreen.
Hopefully in a few years I can reclaim my yard as my santuary where I can do what I want without offending others aand enjoying my right to walk around, garden and even mow the yard nudeif I please.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  10:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anniebare

My backyard is not private. It has a six foot fence around it, but I have neighbors who can easily see into the yard from their second-floor bedroom windows. I used to never worry about it, and freely went in and out nude to garden or sunbathe as I pleased. Last year however the city I live in passed a new law making nudity illegal, even in one's own home or yard if it can be seen by another. Until then, simple nudity was legal, and at worst you might receive a ticket for disturbing the peace if someone called in a complaint. Now that nudity itself can be prosecuted, I am more reserved about walking out my back door in the buff. I mostly check to see if my neighbor's blinds are closed before venturing out. I hate having to be so "paranoid" about it, but whatcha gonna do? I doubt anyone can persuade the city council to change an anti-nudity law once it's on the books.

Annie

Annie this sounds like a BS law. I wonder if it has been tested yet? Have you considered talking to TNS or NAC to see about possible legal representation? Of course a simpler method might be to talk to those neighbors mentioning your nudist tendencies. You never know many folks are not as up tight about it as you may think. Who know they may even be secret backyard nudists themselves. Might want to check out those tall fast growing plants like Bamboo or Cypress. In any event good luck.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: My dream law 2018 Topic Next Topic: How will the law handle Transgender nudity  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved