Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 417 ]  [ Total: 417 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Hey, is there a club or nudist resort in ...?
 Orient Beach: Is it completely clothing optional?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Charleston, SC Topic Next Topic: Close places to Seattle?  

kangaroo
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  8:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are travelling to St. Martin in late October. We are spending 5 days in Grand Case and 5 days in Club Orient.

I am wondering if the entire span of Orient Beach is clothing optional or if nudity is limited to the beach in front of Club O.

It would be nice to be able to stroll the entire beach without having to dress/undress in different areas.

Thanks,
kanga

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  10:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For several months I have been subscribed to a free, very interesting, and informative Saint Martin newsletter. For those who may be interested it is available here: http://www.everythingstmaarten.com. It covers all aspects St. Martin's tourists may be interested in and has a very liberal view of clothing optional beaches.

The latest issue included the following article. As an aside I stayed at Club Orient the second week of June of this year. The first morning of my stay I walked the length of the beach nude, and just as I got back to the club O section, at about 07:30 hours, I was hassled by the police about being nude. Fortunately I wasn't arrested.

Please note that some unusual spelling was used so the message wouldn't be deleted by spam filters.

Keep Your Clothes on at Orient Beach? (Lead Story #1)

There is a problem now on Orient Beach, which for as long as anyone can remember has been the main "clothing optional" beach on the island and one of its big tourist attractions.

We have changed some spelling here so this newsletter does not get waylaid by spam filters (we hope). There is NO change at all in the status of Naturist resort Club Orient at the southern end of Orient Beach.

David Baird writes:

I received some news from Orient Beach today that I wanted to share with you
all. This is from Elisa at Bikini Beach:

Had the meeting with the Gendarmes. Bad news. The prefet has decided that nuudite is not to be allowed on the beach or elsewhere with the exception of Club Orient, PERIOD.

They believe that it is time for St. Martin to evolve in another direction and will no longer tolerate Orient Beach in it's entirety being nuud.

Sophie [Esmeralda, which hosts many naturists] was talking about putting up screens to make a "private" section, but the nuud people will not be able to go to the ocean nuud, and quite frankly she thinks it will not work in the long run. There are people inquiring about canceling their reservations at Esmeralda because of the issue, but no one here seems to care much and I do not think that there is much hope for the fight. If anyone calls to complain about nuudite on the beach, the Gendarmes will come and act accordingly (whatever that means?).

I was specifically told that they tried to impose restrictions of nuudite after 8am and not until 5 or 6pm to accommodate the daily strolls, but it was abused and therefore they have decided to stop allowing it completely.

I asked about my ability to have private dinners or functions in my restaurant and they said , No. Because the area is too public.

That is all of it in a nut shell.

Elisa

Have any of you heard from Club Orient or anybody else on the island about this? If so do you know if Club Orient is going to try to help change the mind of the Prefet so we can retain our morning and evening walks? I know that our enjoyment of the beach will be greatly reduced by the elimination of our walks, how do the rest of you feel?

We were stopped by a Gendarme at 7:25 in the morning (after we had already walked most of the beach) our first day during our stay in July and while the Corporal backed down and walked away, with what is described above, I do not think that would be the case if they stopped us again. We had been told that it was okay to walk the beach early in the morning, but others were stopped even earlier than that. Yet others were said to have been detained
and fined up at Coco Beach during our stay in July as well. The Gendarmes swept the beach one morning in a 4 wheel drive vehicle that drove from KonTiki all the way to Mt Vernon looking for and stopping nuud walkers, which was a major change in their enforcement activities.

In the past year or so, as this situation has been building, I've been trying to make some sense of it all. I've talked with vendors, I did the various polls on TTOL and other SXM internet sites, I have tried to share the raw data and anecdotal data with va

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 08/29/2007 08:33:10 AM

kangaroo
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  11:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Bill.

I'm having trouble finding that specific article on the website. Can you provide a link? I see a few articles about Orient Beach here:
http://www.jmbcommunications.com/sxm/pages/Here/sxmbeaches.shtml

It says:
quote:
Virtually all of Orient Beach is clothing optional, except for the restaurants and bars outside Club Orient and the beach in front of Hotel Mont Vernon at Orient's far northern end.

Of course the article is dated Nov 2006, so it is probably outdated. And since you were personally confronted by police, I will of course believe you over the article.

It's really a shame though, I was looking forward to an early morning walk.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  12:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The information I attached was part of the latest issue of their weekly newsletter Kanga. To sign up for it you need to click on the third line down from the top of the WEB page I included. Is says, "Free weekly St. Maarten Newsletter or St. Maarten Timesharing Newsletter: Click HERE"

If you'd like I can forward the last issue of the newsletter to you. I don't think I should attach it here.

Bill

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 08/29/2007 12:30:44 AM

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  05:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been to Club Orient a few times now, always in October, the early season and more or less every morning walked the whole beach nude before breakfast to Mount Vernon & back (great for a hangover!)and even walked to the next bay naked (Gallion) although we did take shorts & a wrap there. Orient Beach does attract the outpouring of cruise ships but in October we've not found this much of a distraction & remember, it is they who are the odd ones out. We're off there again for the last two weeks in October & plan to walk nude early and stay nude all day as we always have done. We do tend to stay at the Club Orient end after the morning as we prefer to be in the part where everyone more or less is naked. Great place , can't wait!

Rod

Bare Warrior
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  7:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were at Orient Beach this past May. Only the Club Orient area is fully nude while the rest of the beach is topless. While your in St Martin try Cupacoy Cove. Its a quiet little beach which is nude.

Bare Warrior

D-TX
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  5:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodders

We've been to Club Orient a few times now, always in October, the early season and more or less every morning walked the whole beach nude before breakfast to Mount Vernon & back (great for a hangover!)and even walked to the next bay naked (Gallion) although we did take shorts & a wrap there. Orient Beach does attract the outpouring of cruise ships but in October we've not found this much of a distraction & remember, it is they who are the odd ones out. We're off there again for the last two weeks in October & plan to walk nude early and stay nude all day as we always have done. We do tend to stay at the Club Orient end after the morning as we prefer to be in the part where everyone more or less is naked. Great place , can't wait!

Rod

Hello Rod,

On the Club Orient - Room Rates page [http://www.cluborient.com/ClubOrient/roomrates.php], there's this note, "* Resort closed September 2007, partial reopening Oct 1-14, 2007 - 10% discount offered."

I hope your holiday is planned for after the club is open again.

Take Care & Have Fun Bare,
David

"Gosh that takes me back ... or is it forward? That's the trouble with time travel, you never can tell." - 4th Doctor in the Doctor Who story "ANDROIDS OF TARA"

Previous Topic: Charleston, SC Topic Next Topic: Close places to Seattle?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved