Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 394 ]  [ Total: 394 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Are most nudists male?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Banning Clothing? Topic Next Topic: Trouble in Frances Paradise
Page: of 3

Rahul7009
Forum Member

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  03:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Rahul7009 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know most women in thier childhood are taught about how to behave , how to talk, how to dress etc... They should not expose their bodies to others... only shamless people expose, shamless people are bad people...
I even see very few females members here but ironically the members who send most number of replies in the forum are female. and this is a good sign.

macbuzz
Forum Member

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously, I can only speak for myself not for men but I find being nude whether at home or outside to be a very enjoyable experience. The sense of freedom and pleasure is unlike other experiences. On the other hand, my wife, who has a very nice body, is very reluctant even in the house to be nude. She is not a prude but she is also not comfortable naked. It is one of the great pleasures I feel I have missed. Simply to share and enjoy our nudity together. I do feel women are culturally "taught" to cover up. Either at an early age or through the media presenting unreachable examples. It is a testimony to the women who have broken through this barrier.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  05:11:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Macbuzz we are are taught to be different from men. We were taught as girls to put the toilet seat down when we were finished, to be prim and proper, to be good little girls because thats what men wanted. We had stalls in the bath rooms at school so we could potty in private, and stalls for showers in gym. It was considered un lady like to show too much cleavage or mid riff, or leg. Good girls didn't do that. Sociey view women who get nude as being "easy", while guys getting nude are just guys. It is our up bringing, and scoiety's views that women have to overcome in order to be comfortable with nudity.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  08:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and a note to kimberly and the other women. what men want from women has changed to some degree. where we are more attuned to women as people rather than an attachment. as far as "easy" is concerned, that is also changing. maybe cuz im older and im more comfortable with nudity, and i see skin exposure more as a fashion statement than a moral one.

some day, ...... . i dream, but i doubt it will ever be as we would wish.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2003 :  10:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, i agree with your assessment of how most women are raised.

Macbuzz, your wife's feelings with respect to nudity are the same as my wife's views. My wife won't even go around nude iin our home (and it's just her and I now). They don't know what they are missing.

Red

Patchouli
Forum Member

Posted - 10/05/2003 :  4:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calmnude - I agree that what men want, and accept from womenhas changed over the years; however I think what is socially acceptable is slower to evolve than people's mindsets. Look at how the clothing has evolved over the decades here in America. We are showing much more skin now than ever before and I really think that society will accept naturism before we know it.

Do you remember the outcry in American media when Afghanistan women still wearing burkas made the headlines? This shows me that people are always more forward thinking than society allows and has to keep shoving ahead to make changes; however subtle those changes come about, when we look back in a decade we'll see the difference we've all made.

Wow, I hope that made sense. Im typing with very little sleep last night.

Im sure a major reason for the lack of female nudist is due poor self image. How many women can say they are perfectly happy with their bodies? Im overweight and have had to learn to become comfortable within my own skin and accept that nudism is more about me learning to be comfortable with myself and doing what I enjoy than putting myself on display for others. Even though Im doing this for myself, Im still nervous that other people will see my pooch. Its just something Im uncomfortable other people seeing.

Okay, Im quitting now while I think Im still making sense.

Patchouli

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2003 :  02:53:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Patchouli those were my same reasons for not wanting to go nude. I was afraid I was too fat, or my breasts were too small, or people would stare. The people at the first club we went to helped me feel so at ease with myself. None of my fears were founded, everyone was friendly and helpful, and it was the best feeling to be nude.

Kim =^.^=

nudehiker4u

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  10:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to a few resorts alone, even though married, mainly because my wife flat refuses to enjoy nudism with me. We've hiked together, me nude, her clothed, and she fussed the entire hike. I wish I knew what motivates some women to relax and enjoy nudism so I could direct my wife that direction.
Most resorts frown on unaccompanied males. One even told me I had to have a written "permission" from my wife before I could visit their resort. I just laughed, and went elsewhere. I'm 60 years old, and think a "permission slip" at this age is utter nonsense! It's too bad us unaccompanied males can't seem to feel welcome at most resorts. Texas does have a lovely nudist resort in Wills Point that ALWAYS has made me feel welcome whether alone or accompanied, to which I am especially grateful. They are how I feel all resorts should be...welcoming as long as one behaves whether with or without spouse.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  11:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being that this is an old thread, it will be interesting to follow and see what the current feelings are. While I have no issues with being nude, the wife still feels that it is not OK in todays world. I understand her feelings, even though I may not convey that. Part of it I think, is not wanting to be compared to others. That is understandable!

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  9:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My feeling is that most nudists are male as well. I can't prove it... It's just my feeling. Like most...I am the nudist and my wife is the textile. We go to Gunnison every year for the most part. The only time she took off her suit and skinnydiped was when we went to Apollo in 2015 but I feel that was because there were not a lot of people around. We did a nude 5K a couple years ago at White Tail and as you would guess, like nudehiker, I was the nude runner and my wife was the clothed runner. We still had a great time and I think she enjoyed herself. I am fortunate that she has no problem with my being nude in public or around the house... It's just not for her. She has even let me go to MAHESO by myself back when we lived in MD.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  01:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Males undoubtedly dominate the social nudist scene. From beaches and clubs to resorts, you'll see many more guys completely nude and some nude women and topless women but the guys always outnumber the ladies. Even if the women do visit a club or resort with their husband or significant other, we've witnessed that some of these women will keep to themselves in their rooms or in close proximity to their accommodations.

The Prof has come around about 179 degrees from my last post. But at times, that 1 degree will keep her close to the motorhome at the club or on the patio of an accommodation at a resort. She almost always initiates a couple of nude walks at our nude beach and will suggest walks at the club and resorts but seems to feel a bit more at ease at the beach.

Even though I feel that there are many more women who enjoy being nude in the comforts of their home and backyards, compared to those that frequent clubs and resorts, nudism, without a doubt, is dominated by males. The more males respect the fact that women are extremely cautious of nudism and use common sense and restraint with comments and actions toward women, the more women will feel safer and more comfortable with social nudism and maybe, maybe they will begin to emerge from their homes.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  12:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My GF was a confirmed textile when we met. Our mutual attraction exceeded my need to have a nudist partner; so we stayed together.
We talked about nudism and I told her everything about my nudist past. Aside from her misconceptions about nudism being a "perv hovel", which I clarified, her main issue was "safety." Safety from judgement and objectification. Safety which us males don't necessarily need. Many women also have body-acceptance issues; issues which us males also don't necessarily have. If you combine the two, that makes for some very strong barriers for many women.

There are "keys" for breaking down those barriers; but since every barrier is different in it's composition, there is no "set in stone" solution. That's what makes the issue so complex.

My GF did go nude in St Martin and socialized with nudists at Club O. The tropical environment and the "safety" I provided, along with friendly nudists on the beach, were the "key" to breaking down her barrier. A "key" that almost got bent when a well-meaning but uncouth nudist teased her about not being naked like everyone else (she was only topless at that point.) "Safety" almost went out the window when she started feeling that her nakedness was preferable in "full display." The gentleman was gently requested to back off.
His attitude about my GF's nudity is a bit symbolic about society in general, in the sense that we men (and sometimes even other women) sometimes make them feel that they are not in control of their nudity. And thus barriers are created. And so it's a slippery slope because we want them to participate and encourage them to be nude; but at the same time there is a risk of making them feel "unsafe" doing so.

That's why, to me, that is a "job" best left to experienced nudist women, who are better suited for making other women feel safe. But that requires two things: for those experienced nudist women to be proactive in meeting and socializing with newbies; and for those newbies to get out there and meet them in the first place. No small feat.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  5:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Club Orient has been a true haven for us and for the Prof. We've met some of the best people there and became friends and remained close friends ever since our first visit back in 2001. Luckily for us, some really great nudists took us under their wings and it made the Prof feel safe to be around these strangers/friends/acquaintances, each time I left the lounge chair for the water, drinks, snacks or the potty.

Speaking of Club O and safety; we took our daughters, one son in law and the 4 grandkids that we had at the time, the 5th wasn't born yet. Our son in law was apprehensive about his 3 children in that environment. We continued to reassure him that he would find nothing to worry about when he got there and experienced the bond we had with so many of those on the beach. On one occasion, one of our close friends saw something that concerned him and while the older granddaughter was playing with her brother in the shallows of the beach, he got up from his lounge chair and went out and stood by them until the person he was concerned about, moved well enough away. Our son in law saw this and was not only thankful but he was convinced that he could enjoy himself because his eyes weren't the only ones keeping an eye on the kids.

Agreed, even as a seasoned nudist female veteran as the Prof is (over 43 years) she still has times when she reverts to having some body acceptance issues and feels unsafe. Thankfully, we don't seem to encounter those issues often. But, they are still there and they need to be respected and dealt with as best we can without minimizing them.

We've encountered the uncouth male nudist that thinks he's being funny or that his brash attitude is something women secretly enjoy. These guys have no idea how much damage they can do with their silly antics. It can set a guy's work to have his significant other join in social nudism, back weeks and months!

I truly think my wife would be great at helping newbie nudist women, or reluctant women, with social nudism. She's better at it in person if the newbie gives her time because of the Prof's introvert personality and being such a private person, she has to feel comfortable with the other woman before she exposes herself to that person, but if that happens, she is pretty awesome at it and it's really helped our female nudist friends and many other women that were just trying it for the first time at a resort we used to frequent before it closed.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 01/06/2017 5:31:06 PM

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2017 :  10:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf, thanks for the insight that most of us males forget about or just do not think about. Gives us males more to think about in our behavior.

baie rouge nudists
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2017 :  10:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fascinating and excellent discussion from all the members.
Recently, we were watching a documentary on advertising. The "does she or doesn't she" slogan comes to mind. According to the program, it was not acceptable for the proper woman to dye her hair. Only women with loose morals did that. It took ten years before coloring hair for women became acceptable. Today professional hair coloring is a billion dollar business. Advertising influences us in innumerable ways; how to eat, look, dress, etc. Men tend to be less critical of their looks than women. Unfortunately, look to any magazine, and women are bombarded with how to look, what to wear, what is acceptable. Education is the key. While it is true and from my own experience in the service, we all were very lax about showering and bathroom privacy, not so the experience for girls. Good girls don't do that sort of thing. The human body is a sight of beauty for us all. As nudists, we must continue to educate and protest against what a standard of body beauty is. I know of at least one retail outlet that does promote body acceptance for women and challenges conventional standards of beauty. Perhaps if more advertisers like that and more businesses like Walgreens promoted the idea of nudity into the minds of consumers, maybe America wouldn't be so uptight and squemish about social nudity

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Banning Clothing? Topic Next Topic: Trouble in Frances Paradise  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved