Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 460 ]  [ Total: 460 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Are most nudists male?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Banning Clothing? Topic Next Topic: Trouble in Frances Paradise
Page: of 3

Coconut

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  11:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are the majority of nudists on beaches and resorts males? Are females dragged into it by their husbands/boyfriends?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  08:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes, it's the women who drag the men. Most beaches are more male. Re: parks &clubs, the personality of the club will change as will those who visit from time to time.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Nudist I M

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  11:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel the same way when it comes to beaches but I have also noticed that at the two clubs that we have gone to, it is more couples. It is also older couples that attend clubs and beaches. I wonder why that is....I think we have to introduce younger people to this lifestyle to keep it alive.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  9:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's easier for a man to be nude in public, such as a beach, but there are probably alot more women out there like my wife. She enjoys being nude at home and in our backyard but gets nervous when she is faced with social nudity.

She likes going to one particular resort and really enjoys our stays, but still gets nervous that initial hour.

As for the younger crowd...I tend to think our oldest daughter hit the nail on the head when we discussed why she was having trouble with our lifestyle in the beginning. She said that she could not disassociate nudity and sex. She went on to say that she felt she and her husband were probably not mature enough yet to do that.

Young people today are so fashion conscious. They buy all these new fashions to accentuate their bodies, make sure some of their underwear is showing at all times yet cannot understand why the older crowd likes going around naked.

I gave up trying to figure out the young kids today. Lead them to water and they may or may not drink.

flash

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  8:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit flash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is has been my observation that men tend to be adventurous and quite a bit more daring in where and when to enjoy nudism. Obviously in a society when vioence against women in more common than violence against men it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. However All things being equal I noticed in the 1 year I lived in Hollywood Florida the amount of women vs men on Haulover (nude) beach is not noticably different. I've seen plenty of single (by themselves) women, couples and even lesbian couples on Haulover and if you are looking to validate a theory that nudism is primarily a male pastime, a few trips to Haulover beach would wreck the theory completeyly

mayorstairs

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  1:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see about the same number of women as men coming into my resort. I've also noticed that the new generation of young adults are increasingly interested in nudism. There are also of course older customers, but it seems that as we forge into the new millenium there is a somewhat more universal acceptance to nudism. People don't seem to be as narrow minded about it as they were only ten years ago. I have to agree though, women seem to be shyer about initially removing their clothes than men. I see a lot of women nervously hiding their chests with their arms for the first few hours or so, whereas the men typically spend those first few hours getting used to seeing other guys nude. Overall I would have to say that the most comfortable customers are certainly the residents, regardless of sex or age. After all, we were meant to be nude. Clothes are only here to keep us warm, not to hide ourselves.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  6:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are many reasons people are asked to leave places. It may be due to a lack of communication on both parties. This weekend was a singles seminar gathering at Cypress Cove. I can very much recommend attending any gathering that the people in charge of SingleNudist.com arrange.

Marji & Ron are lovely folk. They put on several interesting and fun seminars for sinlges at the AANR convention
Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 08/23/2003 6:19:57 PM

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  08:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go to Gunison Beach at Sandy Hook. You see all ages, body shapes,singles, couples, etc. It does seem that there are more men than women who visit the nude beach. Not quite sure why that is the case.

jdsmith02115

Posted - 08/26/2003 :  12:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
flash, FYI men statisticly are far more likely than women to be victims of violence in this society. On the other hand, white women statisticly are the least likely to encounter violence, women of color next and young men of color the most likely to encounter it.

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  8:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the beaches I've visited, it seems that the ratio hovered around 3:1 (men to women) on weekends and was much higher on weekdays. Sometimes, during the week, there were no women on the beach at all. Among the factors that play into this, I wonder if it isn't mainly that American culture is particularly hard on women with respect to appearances. There is a constant, unmistakable message being sent via every medium (primarily advertising and entertainment) that if you don't look like Barbie, you're not worthwhile. That assessment is a lie, and it's a shame that an "enlightened" society could produce and sustain it. If more women were aware and assured of the soaring, innate beauty they possess, perhaps more would feel free to go natural (I mean that in its several contexts).

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  4:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was how we've been conditioned in our early years. At least in the USA. Males showered and dressed together openly nude in the school locker rooms. In the military service there was even less privacy for the male enlisted man. On the other hand,as attested to by my sisters and wife,female venues always called for privacy.Our two daughters shared more open nudity in dorm showers than their aunts and mother,but they say it was still more conservative then with the men.My wife is comfortable with limited nudity,not large open venues,my daughters vary.So,thats why I feel you see more males than women in some of the larger nudists venues.Chic

Edited by - chic on 09/04/2003 11:06:30 AM

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  12:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just an observation....

Reading through the posts here, there seems to be a much larger number of men than women. But I don't know if that is common to the Internet in general or intrinsic to this forum.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  09:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
more males post. think there are a lot of wives and gfs that read over the shoulder. but also think the women should give some tips on how they were convinced to become nudists or go to nude recreation areas.

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2003 :  04:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be nice. BTW, despite the larger concentration of men on the beach, my wife never felt uncomfortable -- unless there wasn't another lady in sight. Then she would ask that we go off by ourselves (as much as possible). No one ever bothered her; it was a matter of personal preference.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2003 :  05:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was coaxed into nudism by my husband. If we go to the beach, I see more males than I do females, and it is the same way at the club. I think it has to do with the way we were brought up. Guys are used to being nude in there setting, women have always more or less been trainined to privacy when being nude, at least that was the way it was when I was growing up.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2003 :  08:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kimberly,

I agree with you. I think men, at a younger age through sports and gym in school, are exposed (no pun intended) to nudity and therefore are more comfortable with it.

Red

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Banning Clothing? Topic Next Topic: Trouble in Frances Paradise  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved