Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 407 ]  [ Total: 407 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Shaved Nudist
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?
Page: of 47

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  5:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well,I finally did it. I purchased a Braun silk-epil.

I've been a shaver for over 20 years. I shave my pubes, shaft and sack. I have been using a Mach3 Gillette, which gives a very smooth shave. But lately I've been seeing that a number of smoothies have been using the Braun to remove there pubic hair.

I used it 4 times in the last few weeks. I must admit that the 1st 2 uses were a bit rough, especially on the sack. But when I stretched the skin tight I had no problem. It leaves the area very smooth and hair re-groth is very slow because the Braun removes the hair at the root.

The last use was about 10 days ago and there is still no sign of hair in my pubic area. I'll continue to use the epilator for a while, but from my early results, it looks like I'll be tossing the razor.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 09/22/2003 09:39:03 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  02:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info chic, there are several nice rasors out there to take the pain out of shaving. You can also consider getting a wax job.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  10:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim,

Thanks for the input.

To clarify my point,I agree there are good razors on the market, but I'm saying the Braun silk-epil is better than a razor.It's also better than waxing.

It's better than a razor because the hair is removed at the root,as in waxing, so re-growth is very slow.

While waxing also removes the hair at the root, the use of an epilator does not require the long and messy prep work that waxing does. You just turn the epilatort on and run it over your skin surface. It's just like an electric razor, but rather than cut the hair at the surface,it actually pulls it out to the root. It's an electric tweezer.

And as I said in my earlier post, it leaves the skin very smooth. In fact there is no trace of stubble because the hair is not cut, but pulled out at the root. So the hair re-growth,because it was not cut, is soft and smooth...no more stubble.

Chic

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  01:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic,

The epilator sounds, well, sort of painful (since it pulls the hair out). Brings tears to my eyes. Do you really get used to it? Is it that bad?

Also, what does the epilator cost?

sea foam

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  5:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sea foam

Chic,

The epilator sounds, well, sort of painful (since it pulls the hair out). Brings tears to my eyes. Do you really get used to it? Is it that bad?

Also, what does the epilator cost?

sea foam

The 1st couple of times,the epilator will give you a stinging sensation,no real pain.Then with further use,you really don't feel anything.

In fact. I have manually tweezed my pubes in the past and remember there was more discomfort than with the epilator.Also the manual effort takes hours and you still don't get every hair. I can do my whole pubic area in a few minutes.

I bought my Braun silk-epil at Bed,Bath and Beyond.They sell it for $49.95 ,but with 20% coupon from B,B&B plus a $10.00 mail in coupon, it ultimately cost me $29.95 plus tax.

It's quick,painless and leaves you very smooth.

Chic

jc

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  9:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cinderela

I must say I have a fashion sense. I like being smooth but leaving a little tuft up top. You know, the classic girl pubic hair cut. I don't know what it's called. Anyway think it looks attractive and it shows that you take the extra measure to look good, rather than just quickly shaving everything off. I also think it looks trendy and hip. Say, while we're on the subject how many pubic hair styles are there? It would be funny to see a comb-over.

i would have to agree with you it is very sexy for a girl to leave a little hair rather tha saving it all off.

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic,

Thanks for the info!

sea foam

...nothing is known, per se; all is a matter of faith...

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sea Foam,

Your welcome!

If you do decide to try the Braun epilator, just like everything else, take it slow and easy when you start and then I'm sure it will go well.

Chic

Keep it smooth!

johny59
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  05:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To Seafoam

I have been used razor some 30 years while I discover a tweezer I borrow from wife some 5 years ago. So I have Philips Silk, and to tweeze a pubes is no big deal, absolutely not.

Its like a sting of ten mosquitos, not more. Worser is with the place where pube becomes to the shaft and shaft itself if hairy. There it must be done carefully, slowly and expanding the skin on the tip of finger to be not tweezed in machine (however it never happens I may certify).

To tweeze a sack is bit easier again, skin expanded on tip of finger. Sack is yet most painful of all but sure, if once You beat a nail with a hammer and come to finger it bites 100 times more and 1000 times longer. Tweezing only SEEMS painful, but reality it becomes less and less as more frequenly You tweeze. Optimum is 2-3 weaks, as the hair have grewth to 1 mm be captured between the blades. However 4-6 weeks may be practically too.

I tried some times to regrow. It was awful. To be clean is much more nice I feel, as sensually, as aestethically.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  4:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Johnny59.

I'm sitting nude ,as usual,in front of my PC. Being a smoothy, I'm pleased to report that my pubes,shaft and sack are as smooth as silk. I last used my Braun silk-epil a few days ago and there is no trace of growth or, more importantly, stubble.

My point is that its worth the initial discomfort to get this type of result. And as Johnny pointed out the stinging just about disappears after a few uses and the re-growth doesn't reoccur for 4 to 6 weeks.

Chic

Keep it smooth!

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  5:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic,

I might have to look into getting one of those Braun's.

Thanks for the information.

Red

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  8:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic,
I've been trimming for as long as I can remember but would rather be a smoothie. When the hair starts to grow back does it become course stubble?

Bare

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  9:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bare in the Desert,

I have,rather had been a shaver for over 20 years.Shaving does not make the hair courser.So the stubble is just your hair regrowing, but with a cut end. During the 1st month or so,you may experience some itching.But after that period of time, it shouldn't be a problem.I never had any discomfort.I used a Mach3 Turbo by Gillette,it's one of the best on the market.

I went to the Braun epilator so I didn't have to remove my hair as often.In stead of every other day shaving,now it's about every four weeks.I remove the hair from my pubes,shaft and sack.

Chic

Keep it smooth!

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  9:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Irish Red.

Give it a try.If your not satisfied you can always go back to the razor.

Chic

Keep it smooth!

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  10:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic,
I just keep it short with clippers right now. I tried shaving a couple of times and had exactly what u descriped along with some razor burn and in-grown hair so I stopped.

I didnt realize that went away with time. Because of the razor burn though I really like the idea of using the epilator. Im gonna give that a try, thanks for the info.

Dare to be Bare

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved