Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 199 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Shaved Nudist
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?
Page: of 47

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  8:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just found this web site and it is so interesting. My wife and I have traveled through out the US and we find that the younger generation is into the shaving,primping.

My wife was smooth for years, until we were at one of the nicest nudist resorts in Southern California, and one night around the spa, she noticed a young women with the largest pubic hair area she ever saw. After a few drinks a conversation up about how everyone shaves these days, and this young women said, she would never shave, because she has something that nobody else has, lush pubic area.

Since that night two years ago, my wife has not shaved and now she has a lush pubic area. She has even bleached or dyed it on occasion, sometimes she will be a platinum blonde, or a lush red, or deepest black. She is always full of surprises.

I have bleached my pubic area, especially when we go on vacations. We will be leaving for sunny Florida in a few weeks, and she has dared me to go red! I might just surprise her.

Cookie

hikerman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  5:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been shaving my entire body for several years now. As I mentioned in a previous reply a while back, I shave because I run trails and do lots of hiking, sometimes making my own trails. I find that I don't have as many issues with bugs, ticks, spider webs, dirt, etc, with my skin smooth. I also just feel cleaner and cooler while running or hiking. I used to have irritations and bumps when I first started shaving. But now I don't have any at all. One product that works for me is 'Skintimate'. It's a gel that you rub on your sensitive areas right after shaving. It really works wonders for me. For those of you having irritiations, give it a try. Nothing to loose.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 10/31/2004 :  5:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a question for everyone who may read this forum, and the questions is "How long does it take for your pubic hair to grow back to good length.

Last night my wife and I were celabrating the Red Sox Championship in our back yard in our "hot tub", and the subject came up about shaving. My wife has not shaved her pubic area in over 3 years since she met that young lady at - - - . After years of keeping her entire pubic area shaved, I don't think she will ever shave again. She dared me to shave my pubic hair, and I did!! But I did not shave it all the way, I left a small patch! Basically a l inch sq., now my question to everyone, how long will it take to grow back, and should I, and if I do does it grow back thicker. I know my wifes did, and she shaved for years up till 3 years ago.

Can't wait for the warm weather of the South!!

Cookie

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 10/31/2004 :  5:58:10 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cookie,

It depends on the person. For me, in a month, I get about 1/2 an inch. At that point it looks neatly trimmed. A couple of months and although it's shorter than natural, it doesn't look at all strange.

Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't come back thicker. Some people will swear that it does, but it's all in their heads. If it were true, half the men of the world would shave their heads in hopes of a fuller return. You are born with a specific number of follicles, and that's all you get. I've shaved and re-grown countless times with no change. I've heard that for some the texture may seem courser though.

As to whether or not you should grow it back, I'd say ask yourself if you like the way it looks and feels on you. Then you decide.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 10/31/2004 6:44:24 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/31/2004 :  9:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reason it feels thicker/coarser is that after it's shaved, you have a flat portion of hair where as before it tapered at the end.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  12:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My experience is the same as Randy's. When I've not removed my pubic hair for a while, it takes about 3 or perhaps 4 months or so to be at about normal length. The texture is about the same, but since using the Braun silk-epil for over a year now, regrowth is a bit sparser. It may take some more time to know, but I think the repeated use of the Braun epilator does kill hair follicules, the source of hair growth. This is only my personal experience. Again, only time will tell !

Chic

okeedokkee

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  11:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Send okeedokkee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have been shaving for at least 5 years now, at first lightly trimmed but now almost all gone and i feel funny if its not shaved now....complete reversal...

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  3:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Good point okeedokkee. That's exactly how I feel, that is, when I've let my pubes grow back in on a rare occasion, it looked so strange to me. I've actually mentally accepted that being free of pubic hair is the more normal look for me. After removing it for over 25 years, hair down there looks kinda out of place on me.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Chic

Keep it smooth !

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  3:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may be a geographic thing but being smooth or almost smooth is becoming the norm, it seems, out here in So. Cal. Just a few years ago when we first started visiting the nude beach, there were quite a few smoothies and they stood out in the crowd. Now it seems that those with lots of pubic hair are the ones that stand out and are becoming the minority at nudist venues.

It's still and should be a personal preference and for us we like the look and feel of being shaved nudists. This past week when we visited DS in Palm Springs there were probably 80+ people there. I bet there was probably 5 that did not shave their pubic hair at all. All the others either had very short pubic hair or were completely smooth. Just seems to be the current trend, one that will stay with us for quite sometime or for the rest of our lives as long as I can still bend down to see what I'm doing!

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  7:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy do I envy you being at DS over the weekend.
My wife and I while on vacation to Calif. have stayed there for a week each time. The first time we stayed in the newer condos by the brook that runs through DS, and then the second time we stayed nearer to the "quiet pool"!

We just love it, and the staff is great!!

It is too bad that we are 3000 miles away here in New England, because we would be there every weekend. We have not been back in three years, and at that time we noticed that the trend was going to be smoothie!

Hopefully, we can try to make it out there next April, just as the temps start to rise.

Cookie

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 11/01/2004 8:31:30 PM

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  9:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf,

We don't hit as many C/O beaches in a year as you and your wife do, so our experience is not as broad as you guys. But, our experience about nudists being groomed in the pubic area falls in line with your observations.

Although many are not completely smooth shaven, we have observed most people are now at least trimmed to some degree, there isn't a lot of untamed growth out there.

Like you, we feel the trimed and/or shaved pubes look is becoming more the norm rather then being leading edge. In fact walking onto the beach with shaved pubes today doesn't really even get a head-turn anymore.

As this trend grows, clean shaven or trimmed pubes will be as common as is under-arm shaving in women is today.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 11/01/2004 11:16:31 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  11:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cookie,

We couldn't agree more. - - - is really growing on us. I can't believe we listen to all those negative reports and waited so long to see it and experience DS for ourselves.

We actually looked at a condo for sale there the last time we visited. I made mention that we should look into buying the place and I would have bet the farm that my wife would have said "no"! Her reply was..."it's too close to the busy street." So we talked about the possibility of buying and came to an agreement that it would be a rental and weekend or longer getaway as opposed to a permanent residence.

I'll be on the look out for other units further from the street from now on.

Chic,

What you say is true and we see the same thing you are. I can remember a few years back asking my wife if she would like to try the trimmed or shave look and she was hesitant until she noticed so many other women sporting the same look. She is almost smooth leaning toward total smooth.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  11:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

The reason it feels thicker/coarser is that after it's shaved, you have a flat portion of hair where as before it tapered at the end.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Good point Cheri. That does make it feel courser. Being short at first makes it less flexible too, because it has a shorter length to bend. As it gets longer, the ends wear back to a taper making it feel softer again.

Randy

drchuck

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  07:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do we (guys) shave our faces? Why do gals shave their legs & armpits? Why do we style and trim the hair on our heads? Isn't it all a matter of personal style & choice blended with culture & circumstances? Why should shaving or trimming any other body hair be any different?

I have been a Christian for over 24 years and read the Bible cover-to-cover at least four times (as well as daily study) and only since my discovery of naturism in the past 6 months did the following verse really stick out to me: (the Lord speaking) "Thus you shall do to them to cleanse them: Sprinkle water of purification on them and let them shave (cause a razor to pass over) all their body, and let them wash their clothes, and so make themselves clean." (Genesis 8:7) Hmmm... body shaving in the Bible ... and directed by the Lord! Perhaps there's even a health advantage to (at least periodically) shaving the whole body? God is so cool.

drchuck

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  10:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

drchuck,

And He created us,including our body, so he's also for us, shaved or unshaved.

Welcome to the forum.

Chic

Keep it smooth !

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved