Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 437 ]  [ Total: 437 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Shaved Nudist
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?
Page: of 47

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  12:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I tried Nair. I am trimmed and just used it on the top and sides to reduce the size of the area of hair and to define the shape. Nothing close to my important parts. I also used it on my stomach and chest to clean up the little hair I had in those places. Oddly enough, the only place my skin reacted was on the chest. So all the skin on one person is not the same. It actually broke the skin, and left little scabs for a week or so. I guess some areas need less time, depending on the skin. Who knows how long and where, untill you try it. Untill you get a bad reaction, you will never know if it's right for you. Who wants to get burned to see if you like it? So, I really wouldn't recomend it at all.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/18/2004 12:25:17 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  12:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Randy;

Some people's skin is more sensative than others, and some people are alergic to the incredients in nair. I have know women that broke out like you did on their legs after using nair for a while.

Kim =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  12:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I do too, but I tried it anyway. Live and learn.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/18/2004 12:43:28 AM

hikerman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  12:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started shaving my entire body several years ago when I was having trouble collecting unwanted ticks while running or hiking trails. So I shaved my body and I haven't had a tick since. I have grown accustomed to the smooth feel and I doubt I'll ever let my body hair grow completely out again. It might be my imagination, but I think I get a better tan also. My wife doesn't have a problem with it at all. In fact, she prefers that I leave a little circular growth at the base of my penis. She thinks that's sexy.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  02:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum hikerman. Another good reason to shave, I was not aware of that tics didn't bother you if you were shaved.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  09:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, it's not that ticks won't bother you if you are smooth, it's that it's easier to spot them and remove them. The hair does help them attach themselves to the host.

irishred

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  12:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
See irishRed, you guys are good for something, I learn something everyday.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  5:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, so do I take it, we guys, have redeemed ourselves for another day? lol

irishred

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  5:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ticks can still jump from trees and onto your head, neck, etc. It happened to me in my yard. That's the only time I've ever had a tick, it was behind an ear. Had I been smooth, that wouldn't have helped.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  03:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

You're absolutely right. Ticks don't need hair, and aren't more likely to get on you if you have hair...

But-

irishred,

You too are absolutely right, it does help them out. They can hang on like epoxy without hair, but they do like to hide themselves in it, to make it harder for you to find and extract them.

Once when I was a kid, I had one just above my neck hairline. My mom had to really dig through and part away the hair to get at it.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/20/2004 04:05:24 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  04:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When we have hiked back up in the forrest we have occasionally encountered ticks, but seems like they are usually on our ankles or around the waist line.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  07:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to be careful in wooded areas that have deer. Those deer ticks are tricky little devils. lol

irishred

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  10:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We haven't had any Lime disease break outs here but have heards reports of some areas where there are a lot of deer and hickers together that it is a problem.

Kim =^.^=

papapalmesdixon
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  12:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Send papapalmesdixon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The only times I ever had any tick actually attach to me was when I had clothes on. I had 50 acres of forest to walk in nude. When I walked or worked nude at my place I could always feel the ticks climbing. It seemed that the areas with most hair on my legs were more sensitive to their movement. I got Lyme disease from one that got under the waist of my shorts and dug in. I also had less trouble from briars when nude. They tend to catch on cloth and get pulled into your body. (ouch) I would get very light scratches, but never drew blood when nude.

hikerman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  1:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been a runner for 28 years and many miles have been run on the trails. I never realized just how dirty I was after a run until I shaved. If I don't shave, I have lots of chest hair. It's amazing how many little critters and stuff I would collect while running. Little black bugs, spider webs, and lot of other stuff that I have no idea what it is. Now that I shave, I don't have nearly the extra collection of outdoor junk. But even though I shave my entire body, it still doesn't prevent me from enhaling some of natures critters. Have a great day all, and have you shaved today??

Isn't It Beautiful Outside ...

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved