Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 144 ]  [ Total: 144 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Shaved Nudist
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?
Page: of 47

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  09:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if we make olympic water sports nude, we'll find out wont we

smoothIN
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  3:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Send smoothIN an ICQ Message  Send smoothIN a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have known swimmers who do shave, they say it cuts down on the friction of going through the water. I'm not sure if that is true, that is what they believe though.

Tom

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  6:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
SmoothIN,

Its true but I think its only really counts at an olympic level were were the difference between winning and loosing is a 100th of a second.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

smoothIN
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  9:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Send smoothIN an ICQ Message  Send smoothIN a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that is true Spontanudity, these folks compete at a club level. So it is important to them also.

Tom

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  9:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tom,

There are plenty of sports that require a shave. I believe cyclists do it, apparently it has something to do with both wind resistance and healing if they crash their bikes. Tho' I could be wrong.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  01:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think a lot of athelets shave all their body hair, I am not sure why. It could be for wind resitance or other reasons.

KIm =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  02:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a biker, and some believe it reduces wind resistance, but it isn't true. With swimmers it may help because of the heavier viscosity of water, but in air it's no problem. The real reason is that if (or when eventually), you crash and you get a road-rash, it is (only slightly) less unpleasant when they tear off the tape. That's why the spandex shorts too. They do offer less wind resistance than loose shorts, but they also help you slide so you get less road-rash on your ass. (Can I say that?)

Sundance36
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  02:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Sundance36's MSN Messenger address  Send Sundance36 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Sounds Like you are speaking from Exp. But one question If swimmers wear Speedos and Bikers wear Spandix. Why would they shave their Pubs off. I know why I do. but they want extra speed how.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  02:55:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That was my original question. I know that bikers and swimmers shave body hair, but do that also shave pubic hair, and if so for what reason?

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  08:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, if they do shave pubic hair is it so none shows or sticks out from thier suit.

irishred

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  1:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As far as drag resistance, I'm only refering to body hair, like legs. As far as pubes, there is no performance reason to shave them. If they do, it's for the same reasons you might.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  6:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its sounds strange that people would shave their legs in an expectation of crashing their bike... Does it happen very often?

I wonder whether swimmers who wear the new full length suits still shave... Saying that, its rather ironic that swimsuits have gone the full cycle! :)

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

az smooth az u get
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  10:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not all swimmers shave it all. i know one olympian from here in phoenix who is not--in fact he does not shave his legs, pits, or chest. I, however, shave everything from the neck down.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  08:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Az Smooth... So that's why the Aussies keep breaking the long distance swmimming records! ;-)

Alternatively you could test the theory... Find a hairy friend at the next local nude swim night and race against him. If you win you'll know that smooth is quicker.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You do have a point there Irishred, that does look tacky on some people.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.35 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved