Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Shaved Nudist
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?
Page: of 47

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  8:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sponta,
I thought that mother/daughter product from Australia was called Nads, named after the daughter?
Its like a no heat wax where Nair is a chemical remover.

Dare to be Bare

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  2:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like to shave. Always have liked the clean look. I've never personally liked the look of excessive body hair, but you get what your genetics give you. When I was planning to take my first visit to a nudist area (Haulover), I got a little nervous about revealing that habit. Wasn't sure what folks would think. So I counted the days till my vacation, measured several days growth, and tried to estimate whether or not it would grow back in time. As I estimated, it grew back in time enough to just look nice and trim. Having been there many times now, I've found that it is a non-issue. I have never, ever seen or heard anyone comment about anyone's appearance or tastes at the beach about this or any other issue.

I'm happy to see that it is not uncommon, because I think the look can be attractive, just like hair styles. It's nice to know that others apparently think so too. Generally, I just keep it very short with an electric clipper. (1/4 to 1/2" like a short, tight beard.) It's easier to maintain, looks nice, and keeps it from looking unruly, especially when you get out of the water. Sometimes, when the mood strikes me, I'll go smoothy. I know we are 'natural', but I really hate the messy bush look. After all, we style the hair on our heads to look nice, right?

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  2:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Careful, Spontanudity or anyone else wanting to try foams or cremes. Have the shower running, and be ready to get in fast. For some skin types, it's no problem, but for the "lucky" ones, it can sting like hell-especially the scrot. Yeoooow!

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  2:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looking back a few pages, I see that Cinderella's cousin isn't so sure about shaving, because he thinks it'll grow back stronger. I'm not sure if this is still a question for him, but beleive me, it doesn't grow back stronger. At 47, I still can't grow a thick beard on my face, and I shave every day. But that's OK, I really don't like them anyway. I've shaved the pubes off and on over the years, and when it is fully re-grown, it's the same as it was at 15. Don't forget, I'm 47. I've done it MANY times over the decades.

Cheri is right. When it starts to grow back, the ends are sharp and they are the thickest at the base-the first place to grow, and it just seems thicker. As it grows back, the ends wear out or whatever, to taper out thinner. You never grow new follicles out of your skin. The follicles you have are all you'll ever get. You won't get more, and the ones you have won't change consistency.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  4:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've read some messages in this thread about pubic hair styles and stylists. So.... give me some info here. I've never really given much thought to styling down there or what looks best. Can anyone give me any input about what you're supposed to look like there/ what looks good/ what the options are. I can't believe I'm even asking about this, but I'm pretty darned curious right now!

Melissa

ps to Kevin- if this should be a new thread, since it's not a smoothie question but a pubic hair style question, go ahead and make it a new thread :)

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  02:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

The styles we've seen at nudist resorts, beaches and clubs are as different and original as the wearer. We have seen a trend towards the smooth look. It is, we believe, a fashion trend that may hang around alot longer than bell bottom pants did.

We've seen lots of middle aged and older nudists both the men and women opt for the smooth look. Others trim a little, others trim alot. There are different shapes and from other posts, you can even have your pubic hair shaped or styled into various symbols

We've seen most of these and never really given the pubic hair style much thought. We tend to be more interested in the person or persons we meet. So what ever hair style you choose south of your navel is okay with nudists. We like you just the way you are!

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  03:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's right! Just the way you are is fine. There is no particular way you're supposed to look. What ever style you like is fine. Natural is OK too. :)

Just a hint: If you try a shave, keep it clean untill a friday if you decide to grow it back. The first 2 days or so of nubs can be scratchy. You don't want to sit in class and figit with the itch while you're trying to teach! ;p

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  2:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As requested, here is a new thread for- (drum roll please)...

Pubic Hair Style - design, grooming, and trimming

Let's comment there about pubic hair styles, and get back on track for this topic about the Shaved Nudist.

Add your comments about shaving here by clicking Reply to Topic

happycouple
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  3:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

I've read some messages in this thread about pubic hair styles and stylists. So.... give me some info here. I've never really given much thought to styling down there or what looks best. Can anyone give me any input about what you're supposed to look like there/ what looks good/ what the options are. I can't believe I'm even asking about this, but I'm pretty darned curious right now!

Melissa

ps to Kevin- if this should be a new thread, since it's not a smoothie question but a pubic hair style question, go ahead and make it a new thread :)

Melissa,

I have to agree with fireprof and nudeisntlewd, All I can say is try different styles and shaving shapes until you find what you like best, you may even try 100% shaved, Or stay natural. It is your choice. No one will judge you.

happycouple

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  10:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bare,

I think you're right about the Nads/Nair thing... Show's I'm an absolute amateur in this area.

As for the rest... It sounds like I'm the guinea pig in the chemical hair removal experiment. Next time I'm at the shop i'll look out for it and let you all know... Gulp!

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

NUDEDIVER
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  10:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see NUDEDIVER's MSN Messenger address  Send NUDEDIVER a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Do any of you 'smoothies' work out in health clubs? What kind of reaction do you get in the locker room? I would love to shave, but worry about reaction in locker room. ROOM.

YOUR ONLY AS OLD AS YOU FEEL!!

Edited by - NUDEDIVER on 11/21/2003 10:47:10 PM

Tommy Tucker

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  10:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tommy Tucker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started shaving about 3 years ago, even going through the bikini wax (ouch) for a male. I have noticed many ladies leave just an explanation point (!) as a way of grooming. I just leave a 2" triangle with the point at the top. All the rest is smooth. Just like hair styles, I see this as a personal preference and what the person feels comfortable with.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  11:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tommy,

I'm not so sure about the waxing... Hmmmm... One point tho' as a male with chest and stomach hair. Where exactly do you stop waxing/shaving? It would like weird if i was smooth in the pubic region but hairy elsewhere.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  01:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it would look like a clear-cut in the forest.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  02:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think that would look kinda funny. I have noticed though that the swimmers in competition shave off all their body hair. I wonder since they wear speedos, do they shave the pubic region too?

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: How much of your body do you shave men? Topic Next Topic: Your feelings on smoothie gals?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.76 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved