Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 202 ]  [ Total: 202 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Wilderness Destinations and Trip Reports
 Where to go hiking nude in desert
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Hiking in New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Finding Nude beaches in the National Forests
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  10:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few years ago, I was flipping channels one day and came across this guided nude hike just before sunset in a desert setting. The tour guide had to be clothed in his uniform. I wished I had taped it, because I haven't seen it since. Does anyone out there know what I am trying to describe?

I would like to go to that place and hike nude alone. I would be scared to death to do anything nude with a group of people. If anyone can offer suggestions on places in the Southwestern USA to hike nude, I'd appreciate that also.

Thanks.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 07/05/2007 09:44:53 AM

ggwydion
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  01:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ggwydion an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, brave soul! I would not hike nude in the desert though I am sure that there are those who do so. To me is seems that the dangers of this activity (endless goat-hears, hidden catci, etc) would far outway the benifit that you would gain. Now finding a remote place (not hard in New Mexico) and clearing it of dangers and spending some time there while nude is nice.

pixiebird

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  12:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudity is fine on Federal Land if it's not posted otherwise. BLM land is also free, no permits or passes needed. Just drive until there's nobody around, and get out of your car. (once in NV a ranger drove up to my wife and I and told us we could be seen from the highway-- he told us to just cover up until we went around a bend). Washes and playas are great if you're worried about sharp plants. Barefoot is not recommended except on a playa in cooler weather.

Make sure you have a HAT, and LOTS of WATER even in the winter. In hot weather a gallon/day is recommended.

pixiebird

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  12:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add, DON'T hike alone unless you know exactly where you're going. especially near dark. The desert is beautiful, but unforgiving.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  5:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixiebird, It's not fine on Federal Land esp. if it's been turned over the the local or state authorities to administer.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

pixiebird

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  5:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe the rules have changed then. As far as I know there is no federal law against nudity. I do know, as a BLM volunteer, we are told that unless soemone has made a complaint we don't do anything. If someone makes a complaint, they are asked to dress and call a ranger if they refuse.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  7:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixiebird

maybe the rules have changed then. As far as I know there is no federal law against nudity. I do know, as a BLM volunteer, we are told that unless soemone has made a complaint we don't do anything. If someone makes a complaint, they are asked to dress and call a ranger if they refuse.

It depends on where on the BLM property, it always has been this way. I've been a nudist for over 40 years.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  08:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a number of places here in Arizona where you could hike nude, but as an avid hiker myself I would be reluctant to do it unclothed. As old Ed Abbey used to say, everything out there either "stings, sticks, stabs, or stinks." In the wilder areas, you can usually count on sacrificing some flesh anyway to the catclaw or cholla ... probably better to protect those sensitive areas ... :)

bornude2009
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  06:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

is there a naturist organisation, or Travel Agency, proposing nude camping hikes in the desert / National Parks in the US ?

Xavier

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  09:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Desert Shadows resort in Palm Springs CA has offered in the past guided tours in the nearby desrt also De Anza Springs Nudist resrt in So.CA has had a person offering to do the same. I imagine the resorts out west surrounded with federal land have lots of trails you can hike on.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  09:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first started walking nude - a long time ago now - I placed my clothes in a safe place. I hiked for about an hour and then couldn't find my clothes! I laugh now but remember: take your shorts with you. (BTW: I did finally locate my clohtes, neatly folded right where I left them!)

naken
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  12:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I often hike in the winter months in southern california.Anza Borrego Desert State park is huge an i have been bare hiking it for years.Todays trip report.Sunday october 25 -09. I needed to get away so in the morning,a bright sunny day i headed the jeep out on the highway. I stopped in the gold mineing town of Julian for gas an continued on. ,dropped down into the desert an soon got to one of my favorite spots an turned off the road. Its a sand road but 4by 4 not needed 1/4 mile to roads in an park the jeep.My wife an i have come here many times over a 8 year stretch,an have only been cought totally naked once,those people just waved an drove on,another time we were sunbathing an heard a vehicle pull up,we were sitting in our beach chairs having a cold beer an just flipped our towels over our organs.It was a lady ranger who greeted us an remarked that nudity was not legal in the state park but we were fine sinse we had towels on an off she drove.Today i hike alone,my prior wife of 31 years is my friend but not able to hike anymore.With only my backpack an walking stick i made my way up the canyon wash bare hiking as i have done many times,I found this place i call the couch about 7 years ago it had been bilt out of rock an i found it by accident,on a latter trip i put a coffee can an note book to see if others find it,over the years several entries were made from people from all over as far as canada an east coast,i always tell of bare hiking an sunning with never a negative comment .Some 3 years after i discovered this place a note appeared from the builders 5 adults kids an 2 dogs the note said we are thrilled you have found this secret place an have put a note pad in can to record its visitors.enjoy it. I stayed awile an the temperature was up in the 80s an time to go .Bare hiked out an back to my mountain home. A good investment in time. Want to go ?? Naken

independentscholar

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  8:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anza borrego is indeed lovely. If you stay at DeAnza Springs Resort, which is nice, reasonable, and clothing optional, you can hike right from the resort into the park and nearby BLM lands.

I've done that many times, and never encountered rangers. It's pretty isolated. As a ranger myself, I'd certainly not go out of my way to cover up naturists!

So - lots of Water, good boots, a good staff, good hat, sun lotion.

nudehndymn
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  09:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DeAnza Springs is where I hike during the summer. During the winter i"m on BLM land outside Brawley,Ca ( 5 bunch palms ) hiking and soaking in the hot springs there.

Areolas

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  11:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bare Buns Fun Runs and hikes in Palm Springs/Desert Hot Springs CA. email info@areolasresort.com for more information

Antonetta

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  6:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixiebird

Nudity is fine on Federal Land if it's not posted otherwise. BLM land is also free, no permits or passes needed. Just drive until there's nobody around, and get out of your car. (once in NV a ranger drove up to my wife and I and told us we could be seen from the highway-- he told us to just cover up until we went around a bend). Washes and playas are great if you're worried about sharp plants. Barefoot is not recommended except on a playa in cooler weather.

Make sure you have a HAT, and LOTS of WATER even in the winter. In hot weather a gallon/day is recommended.

The legal part of being nude in New Mexico.

The enforcement of laws governing being nude depend upon who might be affected. Potentially pushing the limit of a local society's acceptance of nudity should be considered. This is where the knowledge base of a group of people is usually better than a single person trying to know everything about every place.

The Forestry Department here in New Mexico has said the laws of the State dictate obscenity laws. The District Attorney's Office here in Albuquerque told me the following.
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands are governed by the same laws that apply to the rest of the state.

For New Mexico, the minimum requirement is anything that covers the genitalia (penis and scrotum for males, and labia majora for females) and a woman's areola (colored area around the nipple). A g-string or whatever will cover, and a piece of tape for a woman's areola (recommended by the District Attorneys Office). When asked about latex and paint, and their response was "The intent is to obstruct the shape and therefore the visual image", so latex and paint would not be appropriate.

There does not appear to be any governing of exposure of the buttocks. With these minimums, we would legally be allowed to walk around in downtown Albuquerque. But, of course, we don't. Our intent is not to be exhibitionists or to expose ourselves to the general public. Rather to enjoy a natural lifestyle and to relax privately.

Policies spoken from official offices such as this do not always reflect enforcement trends of police which may not always have as specific a ruling. And therefore each person is responsible for their own actions. If a person is considered to be a public disturbance, then police can take action. For instance, a traffic accident occurs because someone was watching you instead of the road. Potentially, it can be a fine line to walk.

Being Nude is accepted in many private and remote settings in New Mexico. One should learn the do's and don'ts of interacting with the public. And one should also learn the etiquette pertinent to any Nudist event. The basics of being nude in public are, if no one cares, no problem. If no one is around, no problem.

The Secret to Happiness:
Be Broadly Grateful
Keep Yourself Healthy

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Nude Hiking in New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Finding Nude beaches in the National Forests  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved